What's new

What’s behind the Ertugrul craze in Pakistan?

My ideals are the Khulafa-e-Rashidun and our beloved Prophet Muhammad Alaihi Salaat-u-Wassalam. I pity those who never bothered to read about the life of these great and the very first Muslims. Icons, Mountains standing tall, head above shoulders over the rest of mankind. Hazrat Umar Radi-Allah ta'aalah Anho, the man whom our beloved Prophet Muhammad Alaihi Salaat-u-Salam stated "that if there were a Prophet to come after me, it would have most certainly be Umar." Hazrat Abu Bakr Siddique Radi-Allah ta'aalah Anho, who covered the snake holes in the cave, got bitten by the snake yet didn't budge from his position as our beloved Prophet Alaihi Salaat-u-Wassalam rested. Hazrat Ali Radi-Allah ta'aalah Anho, who volunteered to sleep in place of Prophet Muhammad Alaihi Salaat-u-Wassalam, when the Quraish attempted to murder Prophet Muhammad Alaihi Salaat-u-Wassalam.

I don't need anyone else to idealize, most certainly not bollywood, nor hollywood, nor anyone else for that matter.

I just watched Ertugrul yesterday for the first time yesterday, much better than I expected. Very impressed

Why does it have to be one or the other? Identities are complex and cover many layers. In my opinion there is absolutely nothing wrong for Pakistanis to take pride in their regional identity (Indus) and at the same time consider themselves a part of a wider ummah.

That is exactly what I thought as well.

We can have a racial identity and a religious one, there are no contradictions. It fits perfectly well with the concept of millat in Islam.

EXxaO5YWsAA6rES.jpg

EXly6I-XQAIdhqP.jpg

Back
Top Bottom