What's new

where are China's 18 armies stationed?

1.These are peace time locations of formations. Order of Battle / deployments would be different obviously.

2. One question. Can some one confirms, are these Armies or Army Groups?

I wonder what would be the resulted logic if you combine Viet logic and Gandalf logic together? Twisted logic?

Make no mistake, every border or region in China is protected well by the GA's (Group Armies). Now, if you two (Viet and Gandalf) are smart and don't talk sh*t, you should know which GA's are protecting the Chinese Indian border.

Hey Viet, if you send me money 200K Dongs (which is peanut if you convert it to RMB or USD), I might tell you which GA's are protecting the Chinese Indian border.

I smell FEAR coming from the poster ;)

You are wrong. I see so: it is from the strategical view not wise to leave the eastern border and southern border to India and Burma nearly unprotected by a huge army. Considering the status of Vietnamese army: weak, poor and lack of modern weapons, it is not worth to station 4 armies near Vietnam.

Sure, China today has capabiltity to quickly deploy troops, but all takes time: time to move troops, time to establish defence lines. And time can make the difference between victory and defeat.

1.These are peace time locations of formations. Order of Battle / deployments would be different obviously.
Correct, the order of battle comes if a war breaks out.
2. One question. Can some one confirms, are these Armies or Army Groups?
I believe, the number indicates an army. A army group consists of many armies.

I wonder what would be the resulted logic if you combine Viet logic and Gandalf logic together? Twisted logic?

Make no mistake, every border or region in China is protected well by the GA's (Group Armies). Now, if you two (Viet and Gandalf) are smart and don't talk sh*t, you should know which GA's are protecting the Chinese Indian border.

Hey Viet, if you send me money 200K Dongs (which is peanut if you convert it to RMB or USD), I might tell you which GA's are protecting the Chinese Indian border.

Alright, just give me your address and you will get 200,000 dong. Pls post here the actual map of PLA army groups.

Alright, just give me your address and you will get 200,000 dong. Pls post here the actual map of PLA army groups.
these is already the current map.
bcb1d01209a7b5bee8457b0e203dbb77.jpg

tanks means A level group
APC means B level group.
plane means paratroops.

LOCAL201301270904000013451792429.jpg

PLA opens deployment of 18 Group Armies
2013-01-17 02:59:32 GMT2013-01-17 10:59:32(Beijing Time)

By Yuan Yue, Sina English
People's Liberation Army Ground Force units will turn to five-digit numerical designations to be referred to as, CCTV news reported Tuesday, as they will be mentioned by its numerical designation rather than “some unit”, a move to “make the army more transparent.”
The deployment diagram shows that eight Group Armies will be in charge of safeguarding Beijing, China’s capital, including the 38th, 27th, and 65th Group Army in Beijing Military Area Command, 54th, 20th, and 26th in Ji’nan, as well as the 39th and 40th in Shenyang.
Of the eight armies, the 38th, 27th, 39th and 54th are rated as Class-A.
“Military affairs all have their non-transparent parts no matter in which country,” says Major General Zhu Chenghu, a military expert with China’s National Defense University, when responding to outside views that China’s military lacks transparency. “At present, we are trying to open more information.”
Group Army is a Chinese formation composed of several divisions and brigades. It usually is affiliated to military area command or army.
A Group Army has its own leading body, with infantry, armored force, artillery, air defenses, chemical defenses, communications, electronic countermeasures and Army aviations on its staff.
The 18 Group Armies of PLA:
Beijing Military Area Command
27th (Located in Shijiazhuang, Hebei), 38th (Baoding, Hebei), 65th (Zhangjiakou, Hebei)
Shenyang Military Area Command
16th (Changchun, Jilin), 39th (Liaoyang, Liaoning), 40th (Jinzhou, Liaoning)
Ji’nan Military Area Command
20th (Kaifeng, Henan), 26th (Weifang, Shandong), 54th (Xinxiang, Henan)
Nanjing Military Area Command
1th (Huzhou, Zhejiang), 12th (Xuzhou, Jiangsu), 31th (Xiamen, Fujian)
Guangzhou Military Area Command 41th (Liuzhou, Guangxi), 42th (Huizhou, Guangdong)
Chengdu Military Area Command 13th (Chongqing), 14 (Kunming, Yunnan)
Lanzhou Military Area Command 21th (Baoji, Shaanxi), 47th (Lintong, Shaanxi)

PLA opens deployment of 18 Group Armies - China News - SINA English

near vietnam border , only 41st Group Army is level 'A' army.
now give me the money :smitten:

these is already the current map.
bcb1d01209a7b5bee8457b0e203dbb77.jpg

tanks means A level group
APC means B level group.
plane means paratroops.

LOCAL201301270904000013451792429.jpg

PLA opens deployment of 18 Group Armies
2013-01-17 02:59:32 GMT2013-01-17 10:59:32(Beijing Time)

near vietnam border , only 41st Group Army is level 'A' army.
now give me the money :smitten:

LOL, okay here is your 200,000 dong. Just print it out and go to a Vietnamese shop (worth: $10).
VietnamPNew-200000Dong-(20)06-dml_b.jpg

So the 41. and 42. Group Army for Guangzhou Military Region
300px-Guangzhou_Military_Region.svg.png

while the 13. and 14. Group Army for Chengdu Military Region
300px-Chengdu_Military_Region.svg.png

Good to know :azn:

So the 41. and 42. Group Army for Guangzhou Military Region
300px-Guangzhou_Military_Region.svg.png

while the 13. and 14. Group Army for Chengdu Military Region
300px-Chengdu_Military_Region.svg.png

Good to know :azn:
They r open secrets in China, only the position of 18x PLA army groups is new.

They r open secrets in China, only the position of 18x PLA army groups is new.

right. in fact none of them is news.it is easy to get those informations in many websites since many years ago,s just the first time announced by the official.

The unit with the plane symbol - Is that a rapid reaction army unit, similar to the 101th airborne?
Interesting that it sits smack in the middle but can possibly be deployed to the peripheries on short notice.
China needs to get a heavy transport fleet up and running.

I think the tank and APC symbol represents infantry/armour divisions, or just differentiating between motorised and actual mechanised divisions, as the PLA is still modernising.

true, vietnam army showed better than the indians in the past.
my rank of the armies that we have fighted against after 1949
1 US
2 Soviet Union
3 Vietnam
4 India
5 South Korea

It has been fully proved through practice test that Third-line troops can defeat the Indian army

a) Indian army are unworthy oppoents :lol:

Sure sure...that is why the relatively well equipped Chinese soldiers who outnumbered their Indian foes by roughly 8 times had a kill ratio of a mere 2:1 (i.e., for every Chinese killed two Indians were killed even though the troop ratio was 8:1 in favor of the Chinese and when our best troops were stationed on the Pak border) in that border skirmish. That is why when the Indian reinforcements were enroute from the western border they dropped all they had won and went back.

Sure sure...that is why the relatively well equipped Chinese soldiers who outnumbered their Indian foes by roughly 8 times had a kill ratio of a mere 2:1 (i.e., for every Chinese killed two Indians were killed even though the troop ratio was 8:1 in favor of the Chinese and when our best troops were stationed on the Pak border) in that border skirmish. That is why when the Indian reinforcements were enroute from the western border they dropped all they had won and went back.

Over-rated statement :lol:

It points out where China currently sees perceived threats if compared to the map of China with its neighbors.

There is virtually no army group at India´s border! and Vietnam faces the 14. and 41. PLA army groups. Very interesting if true.

The armies are mostly deployed in China's econmic centers and population centers. That's the reason you don't see a lot of armies in the western region. In addition, China is more worrying about attackes from the sea since that's where it got attached in 19 and 20's century. This is not exactly about who is more threatening, Vietnam or India. If you switch India and Vietnam, you will get the same deployment. Tibet is too far away from China's heartland so PLA has more time to respond.

Back
Top Bottom