What's new

where are China's 18 armies stationed?

Sure sure...that is why the relatively well equipped Chinese soldiers who outnumbered their Indian foes by roughly 8 times had a kill ratio of a mere 2:1 (i.e., for every Chinese killed two Indians were killed even though the troop ratio was 8:1 in favor of the Chinese and when our best troops were stationed on the Pak border) in that border skirmish. That is why when the Indian reinforcements were enroute from the western border they dropped all they had won and went back.

:rofl:
The PLA showed great acumen in carefully executing the
campaign according to the guidelines formulated by Chinese
Communist Party (CCP) Central Military Commission: 1) “to
beat Indian troops soundly,” and 2) “to wipe out the invading
Indian forces totally and rapidly.
According to PLA records
from archives, Indian casualties during the war were 4,897 killed
or wounded and 3,968 captured.

The Indian Defense Ministry,
in 1965, showed 1,383 Indian soldiers killed, 1,696 missing in
action, 3,968 soldiers captured, and 1,047 soldiers wounded.

In comparison, PLA casualties in the war were quite small, with 722
Chinese soldiers killed and 1,697 wounded.

In addition, no soldier of the PLA was captured during the war, a rarity in the history of
warfare.

The PLA did all of this damage to the Indian Army with the equivalent of a reinforced corps (army), deployed and massed at
the critical points along the border.
http://www.strategicstudiesinstitute.army.mil/pdffiles/PUB52.pdf

It seems to surrender is a good way to reduce the kill ratio.:rofl:
Indian data
kill ratio =indian killed + Missing + Captured/ chinese killed + Missing + Captured
kill ratio =9.76/ 1 = 1,383 Killed + 1,696 Missing + 3,968 Captured /722 Killed + 0 Missing + 0 Captured

By the way ,There is only Third-line troops of PLA in Sino-Indian War.
They are not the main force of PLA.

ok,Indian 4th Infantry Division was not your best troops .
7th Indian Infantry Brigade was not your best troops .

Sure sure...that is why the relatively well equipped Chinese soldiers who outnumbered their Indian foes by roughly 8 times had a kill ratio of a mere 2:1 (i.e., for every Chinese killed two Indians were killed even though the troop ratio was 8:1 in favor of the Chinese and when our best troops were stationed on the Pak border) in that border skirmish. That is why when the Indian reinforcements were enroute from the western border they dropped all they had won and went back.

By the way ,there are only 4 Infantry battalions in west line, 1 Infantry Division,4 Infantry Regiments and 5 battalions.
Total about 30,000 men.

China's gonna reduce number of PLA down to 1 mil in the long term.
Any source for your statement?

right. in fact none of them is news.it is easy to get those informations in many websites since many years ago,s just the first time announced by the official.
Yes, China surprised western media a bit.

Each group army is probably about 50,000 in strength as there seems to be 19 of them on the map. PLA has already slimmed down to about 2 mil. Removing the Navy and Air force and you have roughly 1.4-1.5m. There is second artillery, performance people, spec ops and what not. 19 of 50,000 each will make roughly 1mil, which is reasonable.

So it is not as intimidating as some thought.

Each group army is probably about 50,000 in strength as there seems to be 19 of them on the map. PLA has already slimmed down to about 2 mil. Removing the Navy and Air force and you have roughly 1.4-1.5m. There is second artillery, performance people, spec ops and what not. 19 of 50,000 each will make roughly 1mil, which is reasonable.

So it is not as intimidating as some thought.

I wonder a little bit about the small number: 50,000 for an army unit. Each German army unit has about 300,000 men, while a division has roughly about 20,000 men.

but really surprised you.
:azn:your questions showed you know nothing before you saw the pic.

Yeh, I was surprised by the PLA´s openness, not the positions of Chinese armies.

I wonder a little bit about the small number: 50,000 for an army unit. Each German army unit has about 300,000 men, while a division has roughly about 20,000 men.

Because today we prefer to bomb our enemies with missiles and drones instead of fighting them on the ground. :coffee:

Also numbers for total war mobilization is completely different to peace time configurations.

I probably used the wrong term. These labelled army position corresponds to PLA field armies, whereas group army in the PLA case would be more corresponding to the seven PLA military regions.

Each of China's Grouped Army is equal in size to a US division, numbering anywhere from 30,000 to 40,000 men.

Back the the worst days of the Sino-Soviet split, there were 44 divisions from the SU deployed along the borders separating the two countries. PLA back then had 5 million (?).

Fake news to stop india buying weapons.... i dont like posting in any weapons thread but trust me this map is fake.... Majority of them are deployed near indo-china border.... China will never accept india a rising threat but inside heart they knows it.... Over 200 rafale jet fighters along with super sukhoi and pak-fa will be deployed near indo-china border by india.... Already agnis missiles been stored inside mountains near indo-china border.... Army kept raising soldiers number in indo-china border. China want to calm india.... So the fake map to show china not doing anything against india.... Even when they turned p.0.k in c.0.k.... But as far as i know india knows everything and thats why india kept building strong defence.... India indeed getting far ahead in technology by the help of western world tech help.... France, israel, uk, germany, america all helping india but my bet is on indo-japan.... Indeed the biggest threat to china is indo-japan ties.... i want it to get strong for peace in asia....

Fake news to stop india buying weapons.... i dont like posting in any weapons thread but trust me this map is fake.... Majority of them are deployed near indo-china border.... China will never accept india a rising threat but inside heart they knows it.... Over 200 rafale jet fighters along with super sukhoi and pak-fa will be deployed near indo-china border by india.... Already agnis missiles been stored inside mountains near indo-china border.... Army kept raising soldiers number in indo-china border. China want to calm india.... So the fake map to show china not doing anything against india.... Even when they turned p.0.k in c.0.k.... But as far as i know india knows everything and thats why india kept building strong defence.... India indeed getting far ahead in technology by the help of western world tech help.... France, israel, uk, germany, america all helping india but my bet is on indo-japan.... Indeed the biggest threat to china is indo-japan ties.... i want it to get strong for peace in asia....

why stop india buying weapons? buy more,and we release information about J-20,J-31,Y-20......to urge you to buy more weapons indirectly.in fact , the more weapons you buy the safer your potential enemies are,because when all your super sukhoi and rafale been eliminated in round one, you cann't buy or manufacture anything immediately, round two will be funny.

back to the news, it is true that some third-rate army stationed in Tibet not shown in the pic.They are not the main force of PLA, but strong enough to defend Tibet:azn:

U see, i feel so pleasure that ur country and ur government owned such many smart ppl like ur Sir in India.
Yes, the map is fake Coz India had spent much money and depolyed many soliders near indo-China border, how there's nothing in China side? Impossible!!! Indian officials never cheat their own ppl. So to defeat these d@mn VIRTUAL PLA ARMY,India need to get more stronger, keep throwing $$$ dollars to Western Weapon Companies and purchase more and more advanced weapons from France, Isral, UK, Germany, America etc ... India will/to be/be going to have Rafale, Super Sukhioi,PAK-FA etc... but India policemen and security forces can't destroy the Maos in middle of India, can't stop rebellion and armed conflicts in northeast of India, can't effectivly stop terrorist attacks, and still face troubles in Kashmir.

When India plan to improve weapons, it means importing weapons from the foreign, more pay more weak more money losing into foreigner's pocket.
When China plan to improve the army, just update technology and design new equipments, the money still leave in China,to creat more jobs and enhance domestic economy ... ... so long time the gap become bigger and bigger.

Who beat the former Soviet Union, indeed their own officals and the angry from civilian population. Strong defence can't help the country, compare to domestic economy and huge gap between rich and poor ppl, it's just a poor pround.

Back
Top Bottom