The problem with Pakistani educational system is

a) The quality of the Education is low - students
are left on their own by the time they reach grade 7, and
then its up to the individual briliance to shine

Lack of understanding of concepts or ability to research answers lacks
an access to secondary source for education , libraries lack

b) Either the parents can afford the tuition based teachers
or they teach the kids themselves

Normally the degradation starts around grade 7 , and up untill grade 9, by which the students , lack the basic foundations in science, and research and development. Also their speech, debate, critical discussions are all impaired.

Only perhaps 10% of the population is capable of reaching their full potential

20% out right fails or drops out

After all Pakistani System is based on Memorizing the WHOLE dame 1000 page books!! instead of focused educational needs of children

The remaining 70% struggles , very hard between grade 9- grade 12
which is the basis of all University level entrance.

With the foundations so weak the 70% merely make it to local universities , or they go abroad where they finaly get to study in a formal and well balanced educational system

The biggest - difference perhaps lies in Research & development and desire to do something extra on top of criculum. You attend science fairs of any school in western countries you will see the students come up with facinating research and development topics mean while our Pakistani students , do not get that same exposure they are busy memorizing what ever is in the book.

This mentality grows once they graduate into Universities as they never attempt to create something that does not exists in the books only may be 1% odd ones

Over all also the techers that teach , the students also are low quality their salaries are not sufficient for them , so they want the students to come study tuition from them , and as a result the teaching with in the class frame work lacks, teachers teaches you that extra 150% that you need to get that "A" only if you go thru tuition.

The universities in Pakistan need to be regulated , in term of sponsorships to the research and development , funding and sports and recreational , and just basic needs of students.

a) Most students do not have access to libraries or books easily
b) Even if there are libraries there are only like 2000,3000 book in
total
c) In order to develop the youth each university must have its own
library with at least 10,000-100,000 books dealing with science ,
math , physical , humanities, languages

d) Advance areas of research must be made available with 100% gov funding
so we can develop more PHD who can help move R&D sector or our nation

Finally the biggest question in end that emerges while the student is going thru the education is

a) Why is he/she getting education in the first place?
b) What is the purpose of getting all that education?

Alot of briliant students change their desired fields to take up fields only for sake of a career or because there are no jobs in Pakistan for that field

>Ever University must get 1 Million USD grant fom Gov yearly
and we must have 50 Universities nationally in order to really start
producing quality

Its better to have 50 universities that are funded by 1 Million dollar USD grants
vs , 500 Universites that have nothing ...no quality

> Secondly the talent must be retained for Pakistan frist with
lucrative gov jobs or private sector , there is no point to train
the talent and only for it to leave the country

100% of the talent must be retained in order for our country to be able to do something if the talent can't find WORK .. and they move abroad then you talent is helping someone else become world super power if you know you what I mean

If these two ares can be tapped , I am sure Pakistan can move up places

Last edited:
STEP is a really good blog for people interested in discussing the problems and promotion of higher education. The main focus of the blog is to promote R&D, discuss publication with established Pakistanis and create an environment that is conductive to learning.

It is the duty of every educated Pakistani to work towards improving our public education system, especially the primary sector which has been completely taken over by vulturous private schools.

Interesting statistics & facts about muslim?.............

o World Muslim Population:
1,500 Billion

I, 000 billion in Asia/Mid-East

400 M in Africa

44 M in Europe

6 M in the Americas

Wow wow take it easy, there are only about 6.7 Billion people living in this earth as of now so howcome u cameup with 1500 Billion (1.5 trillion) muslims?? Never in the history of this earth there has been that much people so, either world sensus data is wrong or ur source is unreliable.

o Every fifth human being is a Muslim.
20%

o For every single Hindu there are two Muslims
1 : 2

o For every Buddhist there are two Muslims
1 : 2

o For every Jew there are 107 Muslims
1 : 107

U dont want to count us Christians, do u?;)

2.1 Billion christians for 1.5 Billion Muslims.

Now there serious corrections in ur data:

Here are the real ratios:

1.4 Christian - 1 Muslim

1.3 Muslim - 1 Secular/Atheist/Non-religious/Agnostic

1.6 Mulsim - 1 Hindu

3.9 Muslim - 1 Buddhist

107 Muslim - 1 Jew ( u got that right, atleast u guys arent miscalculating Jews :lol:)

1.2 Secu/Atheist/Non-relig/Agnostic - 1 Hindu

2.28 Hindu - 1 Chinese Traditional Religion

.376 C.T.R - 1 Buddhist.........etc

606e2324fad2b4925dedf9a31126bd29.gif

Note: As of 2007

Major Religions Ranked by Size

Btw, I dont think religion is a motive in every so called 'non-muslim' countries or non-muslim world. Culture overrides Religion in the rest of the world IMHO.

Last edited:
Wow wow take it easy, there are only about 6.7 Billion people living in this earth as of now so howcome u cameup with 1500 Billion (1.5 trillion) muslims?? Never in the history of this earth there hasnt been that much people so, either world sensus data is wrong or ur source is unreliable.

don't be that stupid Sir,

He wanted to say 1.5 billion or 1500 Million Muslims

you know it already so why criticizing for nothing?

don't be that stupid Sir,

He wanted to say 1.5 billion or 1500 Million Muslims

you know it already so why criticizing for nothing?

hmmm....if so,howcome the ratio calculation is dead wrong? Oops sorry....I was being stupid, wasnt I?, for pointing out he just miscalculated few hundred million people and added extra ~993 million humans.:hang2:

Maths is Maths no matter what.

btw, where is his source?

Shall we get back on track, People! The topic is of education in Pakistan. So trop trolling over who's data is more precise, etc.

True, the education system is not as well as it could be. Our government expends more on things that aren't really as necessary as are other important things like education and health care. The nation will prosper when and if it's fueled with well rounded minds, with an educated force! Our government definitely needs to prioritize.

hmmm....if so,howcome the ratio calculation is dead wrong? Oops sorry....I was being stupid, wasnt I?, for pointing out he just miscalculated few hundred million people and added extra ~993 million humans.:hang2:

A bit offtopic ..

You Cant really argue with Mathematical Equations
--Stephen Hawkins.

IMO, The basic social system of "purdah" is a lot responsible for lower education in women.
A Mother is the first Teacher to the child, so an illiterate mother also, means improper education for the next generation child.

A bit offtopic ..

IMO, The basic social system of "purdah" is a lot responsible for lower education in women.
A very poor statement....Tell me how purdah effects education?
Islam is the religion that made every male or female o get education...and plz enlighten us about ur knowledge of islamic social system.

how many times will you edit your above post so that i could answer :hitwall:

ok different websites claims different population by religion...... for example some websites claim Christians at 1.68 billion peoples only while some other claims around 2 billion

Similar is the case with Muslims (ranging between 20-30% of the world population) and other religions

secondly the article he posted is outdated i received that article back in 2003-05 so obivoulsy the stats will be changed

but still as u mentioned Jews are 1:107 so thats correct
There is no official figures for budhists they are ranging from 400 million to 1.4 billion according to different internet websites/sources so you keep guessing the right figures

what else is remaining? Hindu's? yes that is wrong and i accept that but in simple maths where they take the closest figure in that way that is also correct for example what is the closer of 1.6? 1 or 2?

yes poor way of mathematics but what else can we say :lol::lol::lol:

A very poor statement....Tell me how purdah effects education?
Islam is the religion that made every male or female o get education...and plz enlighten us about ur knowledge of islamic social system.

Well, read my lines ... did i say "islamic social system" ?
Purdah exists in Hindus too and infact a practice in entire SA, i am NOT referring to "Burkah".

From what i can see in my own villages, the women/girl child stays at home for several reasons , poverty, unwilingness etc... and the situation becomes worse at higher levels of education.

Male Child gets preference and what i can see is even if Girls are given secondary education , they are debarred from further education as parents think its inappropriate for her to continue.

Purdah/ a sense of insecurity for the Girl Student ; is Just one of the several issues ,reason i pointed, especially for rural areas.

Well, read my lines ... did i say "islamic social system" ?
Purdah exists in Hindus too and infact a practice in entire SA, i am NOT referring to "Burkah".

From what i can see in my own villages, the women/girl child stays at home for several reasons , poverty, unwilingness etc... and the situation becomes worse at higher levels of education.

Male Child gets preference and what i can see is even if Girls are given secondary education , they are debarred from further education as parents think its inappropriate for her to continue.

Purdah/ a sense of insecurity for the Girl Student ; is Just one of the several issues ,reason i pointed, especially for rural areas.

Hindus have purdah ??????
Really?coz i see indian women with naked belly and no dupata all the time be it ur dramas or ur news

Even if "veil" is a factor it is not a major one. Let's focus on the major ones please. It is a very beautiful thread - let's not derail it.

Hindus have purdah ??????
Really?coz i see indian women with naked belly and no dupata all the time be it ur dramas or ur news

Yaar "Ghoonghat" Ka Naam Suna Hai ??
And have u been to a real Village?

Besides u failed to realized the meaning .....
sense of insecurity for the Girl Student

The Offical rather Traditional Indian costume is filled with grace and diginity if u have seen an indian lady in the official costumes.
Besides, i dont think all women in pakistan too appear in burkas in films, which is justifies as per commercial demand.

02432c9a52e88dfe51c437eed6c26430.jpg

Brother, lets get back to the topic, i wont comment more on
coz i see indian women with naked belly and no dupata all the time be it ur dramas or ur news

what can i do if u search for saree on "improper" channels as to the best of my knowledge, No Indian News Channel shows what u mentioned above.

PS : Atleast when talking about women we can use some good words to show respect.

A bit offtopic ..

Not just a 'bit' but a 'Tera-bit' offtopic. I couldnt resist wrong figures floating around.:devil:

how many times will you edit your above post so that i could answer :hitwall:

To be honest many times probably:P usually untill the sentance make sence mechanically. But hey, I add more stuff instead of removing.:D

Ontopic: I see thread like top ten in muslim world in this and that all the time. I guess this very mentality is the bottom problem. When u do this, u r lowering the limits of human potential. People need to start to look at whole world and need to compare to the best in the world instead of being comparing themselves to other frogs in the shallow well, IMHO.:coffee:

Here is a quote that might inspire u guys especially when it comes to education (right on topic this time)

"Why sky is the limit when there are footprints on moon"
- uknown author

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom