What's new

Where were you and what were you doing on 2/27th?

iPhone

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
February 27th, 2019 is gonna go down in Pakistan’s history as a day Pakistan achieved and accomplished so much militarily, politically and I think as a nation. So, it’s only fitting that we look back and bookmark our memories of that day and time when the news broke out that Pakistan had retaliated in response to Indian incursion and targeted Indian military installations and downed multiple Indian jets as a result and captured their pilots.

For me it was night time in New York and I had just finished my afternoon shift and was in the gym working out. I had this feeling that Pakistan was gonna do something today. I finished up and got home around 1am, got in my bed and was watching Netflix and browsing PDF on my phone when @Windjammer posted the news that Pakistan had retaliated. What an end to my day that was. :D I got up next morning and watched the DG ISPR press conference with a swell of pride and when Gen Asif Ghafoor wrapped up the conference this man from the press just shouted, “Pakistan Zindabaad.” It gave me goosebumps and I knew then that Pakistan had accomplished something special and important that at least my generation had never seen before and our kids will be talking about the events of this day.

Although I was 2000 km away from Pakistan, my night was completely sleepless. When I got up for fajar, I checked PDF on my cell phone and there I saw the Post. "PAF shot down 2 IAF jets" and member commenting "We got em guys". I thanked Allah for the victory. Never felt more proud in my entire life.

I was in my house watching the action live in the skies from my garden.

Jets flew all night so I coudn't sleep properly. I was angry what's the point now because India has already done the strike.

Then around 10AM I heard a loud blast. I went to the garden saw 3 jets. Few minutes later I heard another blast which was not as loud as the first one. I thought it must be a sonic boom thing which happens when jets break the sound barrier.

An hour later I turned my TV on and felt so proud of PAF.

I was at work and one fella told me...jet got blown.

I was like: WTF.....This is just too good.

People in surrounding were chanting Pakistan Zindabad.

It was one memorable day....A day we'll never forget

:pakistan:

Although I was 2000 km away from Pakistan, my night was completely sleepless. When I got up for fajar, I checked PDF on my cell phone and there I saw the Post. "PAF shot down 2 IAF jets" and member commenting "We got em guys". I thanked Allah for the victory. Never felt more proud in my entire life.

Same thing happened to me here in Canada.

I called in sick the next day at work. I had stayed up too late!

Proud Pakistani!

I had taken my wife to gynecologist for checkup and i was in my car when my wife text me we have shoot down 2 indian jets i saw it on tv check defence.pk and i was like Shukar Alhamdulillah and then open defence.pk for confirmation....

I wrote this on the night of 26th (apparently attributed to LT Gen Tariq Khan)

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/27-f...irspace-dg-ispr.604031/page-113#post-11207771

I was in favor of counter-strike by PAF.

I was sleeping and heard jets around ISB around 2-4 AM on the morning of 27th.

Went to office and heard jets around 10 am. Went through twitter and Def.pk and read that Pakistan struck back.

Couldn't have been more satisfied with the outcome.

I was at my work but was on my mobile checking twitter like hell as I was really pissed on Indian attempt to attack us. And finally good news started to come up.

I was very angry and restless after the Indian air incursion on the morning of 26th Feb. I couldn't even bear to watch Indian news channels. I thought to myself PAF should be dismantled if couldn't even stop Indian planes when their attacks was 100% expected. I kept checking youtube, twitter and PDF all day hoping that our response would come. Thankfully, on the morning of 27th Feb while I was still checking twitter, the news of Pakistan's retaliation broke out. My chest puffed up with pride and my faith in our armed forces was restored.

I was in my office and went to the cafeteria where three Indian colleagues (one of them Muslim) were talking about the previous day's misadventure like they have reached Andromeda Galaxy.. I told them while having a cup of my morning coffee that Pakistan will retaliate and all of them were smiling while telling me NO, Pakistan can't because Indian Air Force is on high alert and su 30s would eat our few jets even before they would cross the border.

A friend of mine called me to check Pakistan news channels live transmission. I opened live broadcast on my mobile, and there it was... The news that I had been waiting for, for the past several hours.

I told my Indian colleagues and they termed the news as fake.. then all of us went back to our offices only to find out that Pakistan ne India ki sahi wali le li hai...

Next few hours were very heavy on our Indian colleagues...

Back
Top Bottom