What's new

Which dates (Khajoor) are better after ajwa ?

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Which dates (Khajoor) are better after ajwa ?

Ajwa:
Ajwa are of different types. I like the ones with white lines, hard to find even in Madina but are high quality ones.

Safawi(if I am not mistaken). Are another dates which are delicious, they are alot cheaper than Ajwa but great taste, I eat them for Ramadhan. Affordable.

Majdool are my 3rd favourite. Large dates but soft.

It really depends on your taste and pocket

Ajwa is famous for it medicinal properties as mentioned in Ahadith, Khalid Bin Walid's heart problem was treated by Prophet PBUH with Ajwa, less sweet and thick seed.

Mabroom very small seed bit tough on the teeth, very sweet.

Dhaki from (Dera Ismail Khan) if someone can sell you the original pot prepared (water pitcher) it is heavenly

A friend send me few kilogram every year its called Iraqi, large in size, average seed and less sweet in taste.

Begum Jangi from Makran area is also very good, an interesting fact is that Mabroom and Ajwa are now being grown in Pakistan particularly jhang, bhakkar area. I also donate Ajwa and Mabroom plants every year.

Last edited:
Medjoul is probably my favourite. Large and soft.

Also a big fan of Mazafati dates of Balochistan. Small, sweet and juicy.

I only like Ajwa dates because Prophet Muhammad planted those himself. Taste wise idk but the feeling associated with them is great.

Majdool are great they are a bit sakht and very sweet. I like them very much. I try hard to avoid Israeli ones.

Back
Top Bottom