What's new

Who are Wahabbi? What is Wahabbism?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me ask you a question.

If all of the land was India, then why was there a difference between the Mughal Empire, and the Maratha Empire?

Why do you have so many different ethnic people in India?

Are they all the same people?
yes we all are same .... Indians = different ethnic groups, (Marathas+dravidians+bundelies+punjabies+nagas+bodos +etc). They can be different, united they all form India.
India existed right before 5000 years.

I dont know why pakistan feel sindh not to be part of India, Sindh is still one of the Indian states even in our National anthem, and who knows it becomes another Indian state administratively after 50 years!!!!!!

Okay so there have been increased recent use of this term on the forum and several thread on the attacks these people did recently in Germany.

I request moderators and administrators not to delete this thread or issue me an infraction, but lock this thread (you know how this thread will soon result in) and make it a sticky.

I have learnt this through history and facts, digging deep inside and got help from scholars. And I have directed this post at Muslim members who will ofcourse have knowledge to go with what I say.

The major sections of Islam are, as we all know, Sunni and Shia. (Although I am against this sects culture, all must be broken and be one and unite.) After the era of the last Prophet Muhammad (SAWS) there was a clash between people, and the scholars. From here, Sunnism took four different sections, cannot recall but two of them were Shafi and Maliki, the followers of two scholars Shafi and Malik. The disputes were minor issues, like sunnah. One of the scholar said you ought to wash between your toes with your fingers while performing Wudhu and other disagreed. This dispute make the Sunni group into four little groups. They would never pray together in one congregation, even in the Grand Mosque. There used to be four congregational prayers for each time.

This happened during the time of King AbdulAziz al Saud that a senior scholar, named Abdul-Wahhab, did work onto this long coming fights. Supported by the Saudi King, he started to force people to become one again, and demolished the culture of four different congregations. He also lashed-back and made it illegal to merge other activities with Islam which was as it's peak, like visiting tombs and believing in what we call 'Peer-fakeer'. This all culture got introduced in Islam from India-Pakistan where this culture is long coming from ages and is merely baseless. This is Shirk yet the people started to oppose him cause he lashed-back what the people practice the most and the angered the people, obviously. He started to gain haters in the subcontinental Muslims but the Arab world greeted him. This lead to creation of another major section of Islam. Wahhabi as people call it (this is wrong though, neither the sect should have been created nor this name must be given. Wahab is a name of God.) Now, there are three major sects. The followers of Abdul-Wahab, the Shia and the Sunni. The believes of those who adopted Abdul-Wahab's concept and those of the Sunni are same, except that the latter still believe in 'Mazar, chadar charhana, mela, peers' and similar stuff. The first don't do these acts and the latter does.

The people have inherited the hatred for Abdul-Wahab through their ancestors. They call themselves Sunni yet they do the actions of what a Wahabi does. In short, most of the Sunni are, theoretically and practically, Wahabi. They won't agree though.

The other theories are all baseless allegations and accusations and must not be believed. Think of it, what Abdul-Wahab said, isn't it right? A Muslim must do what Allah has commanded him to do, he must follow the teachings of Islam, by Quran and hadiths, and unite together as one. Anything else which is not either in any hadith nor Quran, must be stopped.

This is what I learnt from my research in KSA. Think about it. PS. No I am not a Wahabi. Sunni is what was written on my passport and I used to follow what I was taught, even before this research. After the research, i found out that Sunnis and Wahhabis are not that different.

Stay neutral, I just posted my findings.

My grandfather was Wahabi, and I suppose that makes me one as well. Everything you have written is true. Also we don't use the term Wahabi in the family, but just Muslim.

My grandfather was Wahabi, and I suppose that makes me one as well. Everything you have written is true. Also we don't use the term Wahabi in the family, but just Muslim.

The world says Muslims are terrorists. We know where the reality lies.
They also propagate against Wahabbis. Some know where the reality is.

It doesn't matter what we call ourselves, our actions prove them. If your grandfather was a Wahabbis won't mean you are one. You still could practice otherwise. I bet, most of the people are practically Wahabbi, but they don't use the term and have hatred for those who accept. In my opinion, someone like Abdul-Wahhab should come again who with powers given to him, and should demolish all these sects which are just names and nothing more. Muslim or not. That is it.

The world says Muslims are terrorists. We know where the reality lies.
They also propagate against Wahabbis. Some know where the reality is.

It doesn't matter what we call ourselves, our actions prove them. If your grandfather was a Wahabbis won't mean you are one. You still could practice otherwise. I bet, most of the people are practically Wahabbi, but they don't use the term and have hatred for those who accept. In my opinion, someone like Abdul-Wahhab should come again who with powers given to him, and should demolish all these sects which are just names and nothing more. Muslim or not. That is it.

My father is one too.

My grandfather very much looked down upon people that would pray to people's graves or go to pir babas and get tavees, ect.

This doesn't mean my grandfather didn't have respect for our sufi saints. He was not a very strict man either, his poetry was very amazing and at times very risque. However when it came to religion he kept it simple.

Oh please people, the difference between different sects in Islam is so small which can easily be resolved through dialogue. Problem is the leaders have their own stakes to think about, the problems of Politics come through and causes the problem.

For instance, You Sunni and Shia..... look at the difference. At first it was all political, who should become the first Caliph (PM/President title of todays age). The Shia split demanding the member of the Prophets family and the Sunni's claimed that leadership is not your birthright therefore went away. This caused the split. I agree that the move made after this by Shia leaders was wrong, as in to strike down all the ahadith from the companions of the prophet who supported the Sunni position, nonetheless the difference still was and is minor and can be easily resolved.

Same here with Wahabi and others. Through dialogue, patience, understanding and reasoning these matters can all be resolved

As Muslims we should go to the roots of Islam. Not the one you see today, but the time when Muslims had over 1,00,000 books in each home, each being its own library of knowledge. Where debate on religion was held through dialogue, reasoning and sound argument. Where one did not fear death or violence like today. Where points raised which were political were not taken as religious but kept in the view of political difference. Where using the Quran and Ahadith to resolve outstanding issues was encouraged in all parts of life.

This was the face of Islam and Muslims. Fatwas, or what we call Acts of Parliament and statute were debated healthily by communities and passed with intelligent thought behind educated scholars of deen.

@ last hope , the four school of thought in ahlul Sunnah are Hanafai , Sha'fai, Hanbali & Malaiki . i dont know any one from Saudi Arabia or elsewhere claimed to be Wahabi basicaly the call themselves Salafi and re;ate their idelogy to 13th Century slamic scholar Ibn Tamiha( who was hanbali) so the term wahabi or wahabism is very commonly used by Iranian Mullahs to term the present day Peninsula Arabs and put them the category of cult .

For all intents and purposes India was created on Aug 15, 1947. Before that there was Britain, before that Mughal territories, before that lesser disjointed Kingdoms.

Lesser disjoint kingdoms like those of Ashoka??

I am a salafi too but i hate to be called as wahabi, in my family My Dad and his family are Berlvi ( self proclaimed sunnat jamat) .Salafis/Wahabis are true followers of quran and Sunnah and alhamdulillah i am trying my best to be on tauheed and aviod shirk

Wahhabism originated in Britain if you ask me, so it's been inherited by its protectorates as well (India and Saudi Arabia).

For all intents and purposes India was created on Aug 15, 1947. Before that there was Britain, before that Mughal territories, before that lesser disjointed Kingdoms.

When Prophet Muhammad referred to the cool breeze that he feels coming from Hind he was referring to a nation called Hind

When Al Beruni who traveled all over Present day Pakistan and India wrote his book Kitab ul Hind (not Kitab ul HInd wa Sindh wa Punjab or Kitabul Pakistan) he was addressing what people of that time referred to as Hind or India

When Allama Iqbal urged his fellow members of the All India Muslim League to address the problem of colonialism he said "we must look at the Indian problem not only from the Muslim point of view, but also from the standpoint of the Indian Muslim as such"

----------------------------------------

On topic, people just confuse and treat Wahabbis or Salafis like a curse word nowadays without trying to understand who or what they are.
The ideological school for Salafis is that they look directly at the text rather than depend on the scholarly works of other scholars notably Imam Abu Hanifa, Shafii, Hanbali and Maliki (RAH).

There is nothing wrong in following any school of thought, but for being a Salafi, you have to be well versed in Islamic jurisprudence and knowledge to make informed decisions. Otherwise you end up becoming an intolerant fool like many of the modern day wannabe salafis who have very little knowledge of the Quran and Sunnah. Case in point is Maulana Azad of India who was a follower of the Ahle Hadees school of thought but he was an Islamic scholar in his own right and proficient in many languages. At the same time he had the ability to give solid Islamic backing to many of the modern concepts of governance including composite nationalism and loyalty to a nation on the basis of Quran and Sunnah by going back to the source.

Muhammed bin Abdul Wahab may have had some influence from this particular Indian scholar but he had his own influence in his own right. Nowadays a lot of cultural customs have also been conflated with Islam in Saudi Arabia like the issue about women driving cars which realistically has no prohibition in Islam. Every region has its own version of the Salafist school of thought like with other schools and this shows how Islam adapts to the region where it spreads.
-------------------------------------

The real problem that we as muslims face today is with political Islamic ideology and religious muslim nationalism. This ideology is no different from say Jewish nationalism aka Zionism. It is a cancer with the Muslim community that is to be rooted out and has no basis in Islam and Quran.

These are people who call for a so called Islamic state and claim to impelment sharia in a top down approach. You will find people who are salafis in these groups, you have shias like the Ayotalla in Iran in this group and you will also find people who are not religious at all and still support this like the Hizb ut Tahrir supporters.

I have discussed this in an earlier thread here
http://www.defence.pk/forums/curren...wered-questions-case-pakistan.html#post550583
and
http://www.defence.pk/forums/curren...884-counter-ideology-wahhabis.html#post521346

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom