What's new

Who will Win - America or Americanized China?

Truth be told, Chinese from mainland by and large are already American cultural slaves. That fight is over as far as I am concerned. Or perhaps more accurately there wasn't even a fight.

I can't begin to tell you my disappointment when I came back to Shanghai just to see everybody and their grandmothers "drunk" with the "Titanic" fever quite a few years ago.

Apart from this "GDPism" destroying China sooner or later, this "cultural kampf" has been a rout.

So the status of the "cultural slaves" is not in doubt. The debate is to what extent some in South Asia enjoy their "actual slave" status.

The problem I see for China is the money culture it has. The people are slaves to money more than anything, raw materialism and consumerism, does that equate to Americanism? Pop culture comes and goes, Korean wave, Japanese wave, American wave all these things have no actual cultural substance, they're mindless entertainment that somehow people are confusing with tradition and cultural value, America got Japanized by Anime? The real threat to Chinese cultural values is the obsession with getting rich and materialism, people need to slow down and reconnect with their family values at the core of Chinese society.

hahaha seeing lot of my mates in china getting rich so easily i wish i wasnt in uk in the first place, anyway i m seriously thinking going back to china.
Do not think. Do. The truth is that you know that all those stories about your 'mates' getting so wealthy so easily is exactly that -- stories. If they are so true, you would have gone a long time.

well i lived UK for decade, and moved back, since all my chinese tenants moving back to China i have to seriously start to think marketing to different groups...so please dont mixed up the chinese intension of going abroad (opportunity to make more money) and viets (running away from backward country)
What is wrong with that? Keep in mind that the current Chinese in America, Canada, Australia, and even Taiwan, have their ancestors who ran away from a backward China in their times. In trying to insult me, you ended up insulting your own. :lol:

What is wrong with that? Keep in mind that the current Chinese in America, Canada, Australia, and even Taiwan, have their ancestors who ran away from a backward China in their times. In trying to insult me, you ended up insulting your own. :lol:

Past China=Present Vietnam :laugh:

Do not think. Do. The truth is that you know that all those stories about your 'mates' getting so wealthy so easily is exactly that -- stories. If they are so true, you would have gone a long time.

antique head cant comprehand what i was saying, yes China was poor and backward, but the difference is we pacing up and vietnam is still the same backward and poor country where the vietcon constantly asking my cousin as littile as 10 RMB to buy their wine or cigs so they provide 'protection' for his factories there and paying the vietnamese workers as low as he can

Past China=Present Vietnam :laugh:
You think that bothers me? You are new here so you deserve a break. I have said many times here before: That Viet Nam is an economic sh!thole thanks to communist mismanagement of the country and that I have no desire to live in Viet Nam.

At least I have more courage than the Chinese who were borned and live in America, the UK, or Canada and who denigrate the countries of their births but are too chickensh!t to live in China.

I don't see anything wrong with a merging of culture. As Chinese influence grows we will see familiarity with Chinese culture, etiquette, etc. here in the states as well. May the TV series Firefly had it right after all.

You think that bothers me? You are new here so you deserve a break. I have said many times here before: That Viet Nam is an economic sh!thole thanks to communist mismanagement of the country and that I have no desire to live in Viet Nam.

At least I have more courage than the Chinese who were borned and live in America, the UK, or Canada and who denigrate the countries of their births but are too chickensh!t to live in China.

So in the end the most Americanized person on this forum is you. I don't know what you're still going on about, but I am entertained, so passionate.

So in the end the most Americanized person on this forum is you. I don't know what you're still going on about, but I am entertained, so passionate.
Har...As if YOU can define what is 'Americanized' in the first place. Am willing to bet you cannot even define what it is like being a 'Canadian', considering you are our 52nd state. :lol:

Har...As if YOU can define what is 'Americanized' in the first place. Am willing to bet you cannot even define what it is like being a 'Canadian', considering you are our 52nd state. :lol:

Look in the mirror, you're a fine example. It's interesting to see your attachment to something so bland and substanceless.

Look in the mirror, you're a fine example. It's interesting to see you're attachment to something so bland and substance less.
Like your Canada is so much more interesting? Fine...So you may have better beers. :lol:

You see any empire lasts forever?

uschin1.jpg

THE AMERICANIZATION OF CHINA

So Even If China Surpasses America in GDP, Will China still remain an American Cultural Slave and America Wins?

Like your Canada is so much more interesting? Fine...So you may have better beers. :lol:

The most interesting part of Canada is the French part, and they want to leave haha. The most interesting part of America are the Native Indians and you killed them all.:frown:

The most interesting part of Canada is the French part, and they want to leave haha. The most interesting part of America are the Native Indians and you killed them all.:frown:
All? You sure about that? But then, I guess Canada was quite devoid of Native Americans?

Back
Top Bottom