What's new

Who will Win in a BD - Myanmar Naval War?

only one as of now FM 90. I think we are buying new ones from russia soon.

Do we really need this kind of thread? :S

However, as its been opened and unless it gets closed (if it does), heres my view:-

1. Their Air Force is quite in better shape then ours. More planes = more firepower. Their air defence is also better then ours. In this solitary scenario, Myanmar 1 - Bangladesh 0.

2. Our navy, according to me, should have advantage. Reason his over the past years, exercise & training with the US Navy and there has been heavy investment in here. More ships are to arrive soon. And our SWADS would play a very vital role in any sort of commando operations, though i have no idea about any such similar Burmese special force. We also do have a missile launching pad in Chittagong, no never ever heard much about it..should be to encounter any such naval aggression. In this solitarty scenario, Myanmar 0 - Bangladesh 1.

3. As for army, well its a tough call. Dont want to belittle anyone, but i would say our army is more professional and trained whereas they have COIN experience. It could again be equal and its a tough call to make. Here my call, Bangladesh 1 - Myanmar 1.

However, it would all come down to strategies, deployments and all the top-level decisions. I am definitely sure we have our plans set for any sort of scenario, and as someone said above, all the forces will work in unison. Hence, it would also depend on how the different forces gel down.

** This post aint for any random fanboy, who cant fathom the meaning of POV. If you dont like it, not my problem **

Cheers!!!

@ Why we will fight with Myanmar ? It does not exist even ?

@ We might have some refugee and and marital boundry disputes which can be very well sorted out with discussion.

@ I think, India is instigating Sk Hasina regarding this aspects !!!!!!!

Myanmar Air Force may become main challenge for Bangladesh

Myanmar Air Force

32 – Mig-29 jets upgraded to SMT Standard

25 – F-7 jets upgraded to PG Standard

20 – A-5C jets upgraded to Q-5II Standard

60 – Mi-24 Attack helicopters

Do we really need this kind of thread? :S

However, as its been opened and unless it gets closed (if it does), heres my view:-

1. Their Air Force is quite in better shape then ours. More planes = more firepower. Their air defence is also better then ours. In this solitary scenario, Myanmar 1 - Bangladesh 0.

2. Our navy, according to me, should have advantage. Reason his over the past years, exercise & training with the US Navy and there has been heavy investment in here. More ships are to arrive soon. And our SWADS would play a very vital role in any sort of commando operations, though i have no idea about any such similar Burmese special force. We also do have a missile launching pad in Chittagong, no never ever heard much about it..should be to encounter any such naval aggression. In this solitarty scenario, Myanmar 0 - Bangladesh 1.

3. As for army, well its a tough call. Dont want to belittle anyone, but i would say our army is more professional and trained whereas they have COIN experience. It could again be equal and its a tough call to make. Here my call, Bangladesh 1 - Myanmar 1.

However, it would all come down to strategies, deployments and all the top-level decisions. I am definitely sure we have our plans set for any sort of scenario, and as someone said above, all the forces will work in unison. Hence, it would also depend on how the different forces gel down.

** This post aint for any random fanboy, who cant fathom the meaning of POV. If you dont like it, not my problem **

Cheers!!!

Might i add that a significant number(10-25%) of personnel of burmese army are kids(below 16) kidnapped to serve the army

Myanmar Air Force

I am baffled to know that their GDP per capita is $1300, yet they can handle 32 migs and 60 mi-24s.

What is even more baffling is that our GDP is $1700, but handling 8 migs is a pain in our a$$

Do kids like 'Banana' even know anything about warfare? :lol:

Victory is not determined by equipment alone. Or how many troops a country possess.

The country that is able to run the war longer, has regional and international support and to be able to force the enemy to play under his rules in all fronts is the victor.

Add geographical advantages to that.

And in this case, it favors Bangladesh more.

Myanmar Air Force

And just how will they fully operate all those Hinds and Fulcrums effectively during a war given their economy?

Of-course, to all the fanboys, war's like a video game.

Pity :rolleyes:

thats not a fair debate!!!!!

we dont have anyone from myanmar to support that side

Myanmar Armed Forces - Budget US$2 billion +

Bangadesh Armed Forces - Budget US$1 billion +

but in war time we can regroup and refinance much better since our economy is 3-4 times the size of Burma.

I am baffled to know that their GDP per capita is $1300, yet they can handle 32 migs and 60 mi-24s.

What is even more baffling is that our GDP is $1700, but handling 8 migs is a pain in our a$$

only 3 of their Migs have HUDs.

Myanmar buys 20 MiG-29 jets

A 400 million-euro ($570 mln) contract has been signed for the delivery of Russian 20 MiG-29 fighters for the Myanmar Air Force, a source close to Russia's arms export monopoly told a business daily on Wednesday.

The country bought 12 MiG-29 fighters in 2001.

The country bought 12 MiG-29 fighters in 2001, but this contract is the largest since the 2007 fulfilled contract to supply Algeria with 34 MiG-29 fighters.

In 2008, a contract for the supply of six MiG-29 fighters was signed with Sri Lanka.

Myanmar to buy 20 MiG-29 fighters for $570 mln - paper | Business | RIA Novosti

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom