What's new

Who's the richest Pakistani alive?

Chrome9

Reaction score
Well guy's I was reading about Indian entrepreneurship and how they have a phenomenal amount of Indian Billionaires. That led me to think who exactly is the richest Pakistani alive? and how much exactly is he worth? I guess some corrupt politicians would be up there, so would generals of the taleban vs soviet union era. I'm also intersted about how the Pakistani business community fairs and who's the brightest success story. Anyone who has some decent figures would be appreciated.. thanx

Mian Mohammad Mansha

Mian Mohammad Mansha is the head of the Mansha family and the chairman of the Nishat Group. He is regarded as the richest person in Pakistan. He owns textile mills, the Muslim Commercial Bank (MCB) and is a major player in Cements. He is highly influential in the textile sector in Pakistan. In 2004, Mansha's group and his preferred candidate were defeated by a margin of 2 votes in the All Pakistan Textile Mills Association. Subsequently, Mansha resighed from APTMA. He is also the biggest single exporter in Pakistan. The assets of Nishat Group are estimated at around Rs. 27000 corore. (Rs. 270000 million). Nishat groups companies include: Nishat Textiles, DG Cement,Adamjee Insurance, and MCB Bank Ltd. Mian Mohammad Mansha is on the board of 45 companies in Pakistan and is one of the most powerful and influential people in the country. Nishat Textiles is also the largest exporting entity in Pakistan. Nishat group is currently in the process of setting up a paper mill in a Joint Venture with a Kuwaiti company.

I'm not too great with numbers, how much is Rs. 270000 million in dollars?

If am not mistaken he is nearly 460 million dollar's

460 million? that doesn't seem too much. I thought Pakistan would have atleast one person approaching the Billion dollar mark.. oh well

i think that is good think this shows that there is still something called equal distribution of income.

Kidwai,

Not having a billonaire doesnt mean equal distribution of income

460 million? that doesn't seem too much. I thought Pakistan would have atleast one person approaching the Billion dollar mark.. oh well

There is no dought about that Mr. Minsha is a business tycon is Pakistan but i am not Agreed about the Figures i think that he can easily pass the figure of Billion dollar company . they are also some other Business Tycons Groups here too..

GulAhmed Group

GulAhmed Textiles Mills
Gul Energy (136 Mega Watt Power Plant Give Electericcity to KESC)
My Bank Ltd.
Pakcola Bevrages
Habib Metropolitan Bank (Shares)
Pespsi Cola

Alkaram Group

Alkaram Textiles Mills
Orient Textile Mills
Ammna Industries Lmited
Pakistan Synthetic Limited
Sattar Pvt Ltd
Imran Crown Corks
Gul Agencies
Pakistan Dairy Products (Igloo Ice Cream)
Dahbeji Salt Works

Its Dought that GulAhmed and Alkaram groups are operated by same peoples by Diffrent names we join toghter them its going to be a very big group too.

Dawood Lawrencepur
Lawrencepur Woolen and Textile Mills
Burewala Textiles
Dawood Cotton Mills (DCM)
Dillion Textile Mills
Dawood Walika Woolen Mills
Dawood Hercules Chemiclas
Inbox Technologies
First Dawood Islamic Bank
Central Insurance Company
Elixir Securities

• Associated Companies

Engro Innovative Automation
Engro Chemical Pakistan
Engro Asahi Polymer & Chem.
Engro Foods
Engro Energy
Engro Vopak Terminal

• Strategic Investment

Sui Northen Gas Pipelines

www.dawoodgroup.com

Deawan Mushtaq Group
Automobile Manufacturing

Dewan Farooque Motors Pvt Ltd Dewan City
Dewan Automotive Engineering HUB Karachi
Dewan Motorcyles HUB Karachi
BMW distributor in Pakistan

Polyester Staple Fibre Manufacturing

Dewan Salman Fibre

Sugar Manufacturing

Dewan Sugar Mills Pvt Ltd Dewan City
Dewan Khoski Sugar Mills Pvt Ltd Khoski
Dewan Bawany Sugar Mills Ltd, Talhar
Al-Asif Sugar Mills Ltd Garho

Textile Manufacturing

Dewan Textile Mills Hyderabad
Dewan Khalid Textile Mills Hyderabad
Dewan Mushtaq Textile Mills
Dewan Farooque Spinning Mills

Cement Manufacturing

Pakland Cement Karachi
Saadi Cement

Younis Brother (YB)
Fazal Textile Mills
Lucky Cement
Lucky Star Cement
Younis Fans

There also some other groups and companies list i will updated it soon :smitten:

so who is the richest
and its not about the company but rather personal fortune

OK so lets split it here, which is the largest of these Pakistani groups and who is the richest individual? I guess the individual is Mr Mansha and a new roomer is that he is a billionair(in dollars). Though I wonder why the likes of forbes havn't picked up on that yet?

Guys what about Bahria town Mr Raiz Shaikh he is making Atlest 1 million Dollors a day from his investments, well thats what I have heard.

Sir most of these things are rumours and lack evidence.

Well what about some of the senior generals and ISI guys? I heard they hit the Jackpot when Saudia and the USA were sending sack loads of cash to support the Taleban against the soviet union. But I also wonder how much Raiz hussein is worth. Anyone got figures?

here are the 5 richest families of Pakistan: (found it from the internet, so dont blame me if its not right).

1. The Nishat Group

Mian Muhammad Mansha Yaha is the captain of this splendid ship having around 30 companies on board. Mansha, who owns the Muslim Commercial Bank as well, is now setting up a billion rupee ($ 17 m) paper sack project too. He is one of the richest Pakistanis around. Nishat Group was country’s 15th richest family in 1970, 6th in 1990 and Number 1 in 1997. Mansha is on the board of nearly 50 companies. Chinioti by clan, Mansha is married to Yousaf Saigol’s daughter. He is deemed to have made investments in many bourses, currency and metal exchanges both within and outside Pakistan. He has had his share of luck on many occasions in life and has recently been awarded Pakistan’s highest civil award by President Musharraf. He could have bought the United Bank too, but then who doesn’t have adversaries. Nishat Group comprises of textiles, cement, leasing, insurance and management companies. If Mansha was bitten by Bhutto’s nationalization stint of 1970, his friends think he was compensated by Nawaz Sharif’s denationalization programme to a very good effect. There is no stopping Mansha and he is still on the move!

2. The Jang Group

This huge media empire was founded by late Mir Khalil-ur-Rehman some six decades ago. Today, around 10 top newspapers and the multi-billion rupee GEO TV project are being run by Mir Shakeel-ur-Rehman, Mir Khalil’s brainy son, who has a lot of projects pertaining to real estate under his belt too. Though he can be very modest, Shakeel is known to have taken country’s Prime Ministers head-on. His tussle with Nawaz Sharif in 1999 spoke volumes of his unmatched influence in all domestic and international quarters which matter Shakeel is one of Asia’s most well known media barons, whose newspapers have served to be the breeding nurseries for country’s top journalists. He invests massively in stocks business regularly. His elder brother Mir Javed ur Rehman and tender son Mir Ibrahim also assist him in business. Such magnificent has been his influence that at times, a few governments have opted to take a few of his employees as ministers. The Group, as most politicians agree, has been instrumental in both toppling and building governments in Pakistan for decades now. Limelight is the product that he sells but doesn’t like tasting the fruits of his own garden.

3. The Hashoo Group

Led by the vintage Saddaruddin Haswani, the Hashoo Group is more known for its dominance in Pakistan’s hotel industry, though the people who know a bit more about the Hashwanis are of their strength in real estate business too. Hashwanis are involved in trading of cotton grain and steel and till the nationalization of cotton export in 1974, they were widely being dubbed as the Cotton Kings of Pakistan. Today, this group has excelled in export of rice, wheat, cotton and barley. It owns textile units, besides having invested billions in mines, minerals. hotels, insurance, batteries, tobacco, residential properties, construction, engineering and information technology. In 1984, Hashwani defeated the Lakhanis in the bid for Premier Tobacco but was arrested along with his brother Akbar in 1986 for allegedly evading customs duty on cigarettes. Sadarduddin’s brother Akbar and the children of another late brother Hassan Ali Hashwani together manage around 45 companies. Akbar runs the second Hashwani Group. He is one of the most well-known magnates in Pakistan who is a regular invitee at the Diplomatic Enclave. The list of local and international bigwigs known personally to Hashwani is unending.

4. The Packages Group

The seed of this huge empire was sown by Syed Maratib All, a renowned supplier for British Army and the Indian Railways before partition. The group launched a joint venture with Lever Brothers soon after 1947, but massive production of Pakistan Tobacco Company later reportedly made Syed Maratib All and sons install a packaging Unit by the names of Packages. Two of Maratib’s sons-Syed Amjad All and Syed Babar Au have remained Pakistan’s finance Ministers and two of his well-known grand-children-Syeda Abida Hussain and Syed Fakhar Imam-are political stalwarts who need no recognition. Late Syed Amjad Ali was Pakistan’s first Ambassador to the United Nations, while Syed Babar Ali is the force behind the establishment of the LUMS. The group owns Nestle Pakistan too which is being run by Syed Yawar Ali. Syed Babar Ali has also served as Chairman National Fertilizer Corporation during the Bhutto regime too and has been the Chairman of Hoeist Pakistan, Lever Brothers and Siemen. The group also acquired a good number of Coca Cola plants in Pakistan. Its famous brands include Nestle Milk Pak, Treet, Mitchells and Tri Pack Films. It has stakes in the textile, dairy, agriculture and rice Sectors too. The groups Contributions towards the cause of an independent Pakistan are unprecedented.

5. The House of Habib

Legend has it that the Goddess of Wealth has been in love with the seasoned Habibs more than anybody else in Pakistan. Most pundits believe that Habibs own at least 100 companies throughout the world, but these content mega-tycoons never boast off, something which has made it uphill for most to predict about their financial standing. This industrial group was founded by Seth Habib Mitha, born in 1878 to Esmail Ali-a factory owner in Bombay. The financial strength of the Habibs can be gauged from the fact that Muhammad Ali Habib was gave a cheque of Rs 80 million to Quaid-e-Azam in 1948 at a time when Pakistan government was penniless owing to delay in transfer of Pakistan’s share of Rs. 750 million by the Reserve Bank of India. They had offices in Europe in 1912. They incorporated the Habib Bank in 1941. They own the Habib Bank A.G Zurich, Bank Al-Habib, Indus Motors assembling Corolla cars and many dozens of units in sectors such as jute, paper sack, minerals, steel, tiles, synthetics sugar, glass, construction, concrete, farm autos, banking, oil, computers, music, paper, packages, leasing and capital management. Habibs today are headed by Rafiq Habib and Rashid Habib in two distinct groups. What makes them extremely influential players of all times is the fact that for dozens of top businessmen today, Habib were a myth once.

Back
Top Bottom