What's new

Why China will chose India over Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you have mistaken confidence for arrogance…

Immediately after 26/11, Pakistan offered to send the ISI chief to help with the investigation, but India refused.

what would have been Pakistan’s reaction if such thing as 26/11 happened on Pakistan’s soil?

Given the level of mistrust on both sides, probably the same response.

Immediately after 26/11, Pakistan offered to send the ISI chief to help with the investigation, but India refused.
lil correction INDIA did not refused it was pakistan who took a U turn saying they cant send there ISI cheif to india . why would INDIA refuse to something it demanded?

The 10 reasons why China should choose India over Pakistan are

1)China wants to be a global power and would not like to spend energies on rivalry with India

2)China would like to reduce US influence in the Asian region

3)China would not likely to ignore a 1.2 billion Country growing at a near rate of 10%

4)There is a enormous trade potential (China Japan analogy won’t work here…the rivalry between India and China is not based on ideologies, but geopolitical compulsions and they could change fast)

5)China would like India to remain neutral and not to be in western camp

6)China security depends to a large on India’s intent

7)China and India share a 3500 Km boundary; a peaceful boundary has enormous benefits to China

8)Through India China can secure it logistics and sea lanes in Indian ocean region

9)China would like to have a share in $1 trillion Indian infrastructure sector

10)China and India being developing nations have common interests in many areas such as carbon emissions, environment, trade, development, subsidiaries, western interests, R&D, patenting issues etc…

Last edited:

India didn't refused, but the trip was canceled by Pakistan itself.

Given the level of mistrust on both sides, probably the same response.

At least we agree on something

I agree to Developereo's statement.

ANYONE STILL IN DOUBT SHOULD SEE THESE VIDEOS.

Pak-China Relationship part-1

Pak-China Relationship part-2

Pak-China Relationship part-3

Pak-China Relationship part-4

If someone dont want to watch videos; the bottom line by Najam Sethi is:

China is a very good friend of Pakistan but every where China invests, it seeks its own interests.

AND MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL:

China does not gives this statement in public but through its talks with leaders, China advices our senior officials to forget the Kashmir issue. .

Pakistan should learn to be independent. We rely on other countries to much. .

Excellent post. Self interest dictates friends and foes. A country with a defined and concrete self interest is always independent

Maybe Pakistan should overcome its Kashmir obsession and heed China's advice.But I guess for that to happen Pakistan will have to implement Land reforms...and that might upset a lot of people.

Pakistan is an incredible nation with highly strategic location both politically and economically with vast human resource but pathetic leadership.Pakistan needs good leaders!

I am pleasantly surprised on developero opening this thread and letting our minds travel in such relevant directions.

And I do admire India for certain things they have done better than Pakistan. They do make democracy work. They have a pretty decent education system. They have developed their soft power far beyond their actual military or economic muscle.

Right now we have a serious image problem around the world; the least we can expect is that our friends understand our side of the story. This requires effort on both sides. The Chinese government and media need to showcase Pakistani culture. And Pakistan needs to develop its soft power so we can project a positive image to the rest of the world.

What exactly should they showcase that the Chinese people might take interest in??

lol ~ they are gonna be showcasing Indian culture instead...

China gives green light to first ‘Made in China' Bollywood film

I don't want to lead offtopic, but why is it we can't have a successful film industry? Is it because we are too Islamic/conservative and look down on such things as dance, music, acting, modeling (and yet take interest in that of the 'enemy state')...or...simply not enough talent/drive/entrepreneurship/competence in this arena...?

What exactly should they showcase that the Chinese people might take interest in??

lol ~ they are gonna be showcasing Indian culture instead...

China gives green light to first ‘Made in China' Bollywood film

I don't want to lead offtopic, but why is it we can't have a successful film industry? Is it because we are too Islamic/conservative and look down on such things as dance, music, acting, modeling (and yet take interest in that of the 'enemy state')...or...simply not enough talent/drive/entrepreneurship/competence in this arena...?

INDIAN CULTURE is an umbrella term for all South Asian culture!!India historically is the land of INDUS...and the term HINDU also arise from there!!

I agree to Developereo's statement.

ANYONE STILL IN DOUBT SHOULD SEE THESE VIDEOS.

If someone dont want to watch videos; the bottom line by Najam Sethi is:

AND MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL:

Good post. Never expected someone from Pakistan to post these, but its good that you know everything that is going on. You should know about both the sides of the coin.

Secondly, Najam Sethi also revealed something about Pakistan missile, and nuclear development, along with tank and jet fighter development during the talks. Although its well known among Indian members, but some Pakistani members don't want to believe it.

I don't think its anything to hide. But its good that he is fearless when he speaks. And that he speaks logic, and has proper sources.

However, right now, we are in a cold war and things are actually getting worse. As India becomes stronger and gains powerful, global allies, it is becoming more arrogant. It treats Pakistan almost with disdain, acting like a superpower, instead of as an equal adversary to be treated with mutual respect to resolve matters diplomatically. The Mumbai 26/11 saga is one example where India treated the situation as a US v/s Afghanistan scenario. The truth is that India is not the US, and Pakistan is not Afghanistan. But India doesn't want to admit it. It is getting drunk on its newfound popularity with the West.

I do not think that India treats Pakistan with disdain but possibly with a mild form of exasperation or shall we say with vexation as Pakistan has always taken a “Hostile Attitude” towards India. The 26/11 incidence shows Pakistan’s total lack of sensitivity in respect of the loss of Human Life in Mumbai.

The main problem is that Pakistan always wants to be equal to India especially in Military Terms.

Where as India’s Population is about Six and a Half Times that of Pakistan in comparison Pakistan’s Population is about Six Times that of Afghanistan.

It is incomprehensible to consider Afghanistan being treated as an equal by Pakistan especially in Military Terms.

As such Pakistan is an Equal of India in the United Nations and any other World or for that matter Regional Forums but Pakistan wanting to be the equal of India – now that India’s Economy is about Eight Times that of Pakistan – is a bit difficult to comprehend.

I do foresee India-Pakistan relations turning for the worse as India keeps growing economically vis-à-vis Pakistan and as such Pakistan’s support for Terrorism in India will increase, in an effort to restrain India’s Economic Growth, which has been appreciated by notable Pakistani commentators.

In the unlikely event of Pakistan eschewing its wanting to be Militarily Equal of India and pursues the path of Pakistan's Economic Development then I am sure with the waning of belligerence towards India, Pakistan will make substantial Economic & Human Welfare progress which would then lead to normalizing its relationship with India.

Is it possible?

Not until the Army has Pakistan Directly or from behind the Scenes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom