What's new

Why do Chinese and Koreans have Inferiority Complex against Japanese?

"It's the education, stupid" To paraphrase Bill Clinton with a twist. Of course a strong mother country is the utmost important factor for others not to look down on you.

not entirely correct. education is only a part of it and so is national strength until we get to a ridiculously high level.

think about this: in the 19th century, China was far more dangerous than Africa or Afghanistan today.

Yet impoverished Chinese sailors married with British females easily and produced a whole race called Anglo-Chinese.

British Chinese - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The first presence of Chinese people in Liverpool dates back to the early 19th century, with the main influx arriving at the end of the 18th century. This was in part due to the Alfred Holt and Company establishing the first commercial shipping line to focus on the China trade. From the 1890s onwards, small numbers of Chinese began to set up businesses catering to the Chinese sailors working on Holt's lines and others. Some of these men married working class British women, resulting in a number of British-born Eurasian Chinese being born during World War II in Liverpool. At the beginning of the War, there were up to 20,000 Chinese mariners in the city.

Local sources suggest that by 1860 there were some Chinese men married to English women. Many lived at riverside settlements such as Deptford and Woolwich. Most Chinese seamen lived to the north of the river. By 1880, the Chinese community was based in Limehouse and consisted mainly of seamen from Shanghai and Canton who catered for the Chinese and Indians that arrived at the docks. In 1881, there were several Chinese seamen living in the boarding house of Mr M. Lamar at 14 Limehouse Court.

Fast forward to 2012. It is undeniable that today, most East Asian countries are far superior to African ones. The poorest East Asian country, Vietnam, is equal to the 5th richest African country, Nigeria. Yet the situation is totally reversed. Not one Asian nation has a male advantage over the West. There are far less Chinese males marrying British females today in this supposedly post-racial, globalized, free world than there were in the big bad dark ages of the imperial 19th century.

I strongly believe that the male:female outmarriage ratio is a proxy for social strength and ideological power. In this aspect, China's ideological power is far weaker today than even in Qing Dynasty times. It was at a height 40 years ago during the Cultural Revolution. This is despite our hard power increasing dramatically in the same time period.

I respectfully disagree. I believe in a world where a ruthless, nationalistic totalitarian oligarchy allied with other similar states for survival alone, and a constellation of conquered satellites allied with an equally ruthless fascist military-corporate state are fighting for command of dwindling resources on a dying planet. I consider it an absolute miracle if our grandchildren grow up in a happy world.

We are definitely going to give up consumerism, but not by choice. Every excess WILL be corrected, but we may not like the solutions. Things are changing, but what direction will they take? I am not optimistic. Both systems are too deeply entrenched for anyone to do anything.

The oligarchy you mention can apply to any global powers, new and emerging, while the other states are victims, and yes it is a good way to look at things. The challenge is to transform these oligarchies to true democracies, using new technology like internet voting and turn them into direct democracies, so power rests with the 99%, not 1% elite.

The planet is not dying, yes it will go through irreversible changes due to global warming, but it will have enough for humanity to survive and avoid any major catastrophe.

In order to maintain global balance, I promote regional unions, I think that is the most sensible global road map for future. It may seem impossible and far fetched today, but we live in a time when the pace of change is getting faster everyday, so I will not be surprised to see this kind of change within the next 10-20 years time frame. Nation states is the obsolete model, larger super states and unions will become a more viable model.

The oligarchy you mention can apply to any global powers, new and emerging, while the other states are victims, and yes it is a good way to look at things. The challenge is to transform these oligarchies to true democracies, using new technology like internet voting and turn them into direct democracies, so power rests with the 99%, not 1% elite.

The planet is not dying, yes it will go through irreversible changes due to global warming, but it will have enough for humanity to survive and avoid any major catastrophe.

In order to maintain global balance, I promote regional unions, I think that is the most sensible global road map for future. It may seem impossible and far fetched today, but we live in a time when the pace of change is getting faster everyday, so I will not be surprised to see this kind of change within the next 10-20 years time frame. Nation states is the obsolete model, larger super states and unions will become a more viable model.

i do not believe small states have any role in the world's future. the future will be decided by a number of countries smaller than the fingers on your hands. they take up the lion's share of population, scientific publications, patents, military expenditure, etc. each of them could fight 5-10 small states at once and win relatively easily.

not entirely correct. education is only a part of it and so is national strength until we get to a ridiculously high level.

think about this: in the 19th century, China was far more dangerous than Africa or Afghanistan today.

Yet impoverished Chinese sailors married with British females easily and produced a whole race called Anglo-Chinese.

British Chinese - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Fast forward to 2012. It is undeniable that today, most East Asian countries are far superior to African ones. The poorest East Asian country, Vietnam, is equal to the 5th richest African country, Nigeria. Yet the situation is totally reversed. Not one Asian nation has a male advantage over the West. There are far less Chinese males marrying British females today in this supposedly post-racial, globalized, free world than there were in the big bad dark ages of the imperial 19th century.

I strongly believe that the male:female outmarriage ratio is a proxy for social strength and ideological power. In this aspect, China's ideological power is far weaker today than even in Qing Dynasty times. It was at a height 40 years ago during the Cultural Revolution. This is despite our hard power increasing dramatically in the same time period.

When it come to marriages, I'm talking about my own thinking and my friends' here in the US, Chinese men are very conservative or maybe very smart however you want to put it. As we were growing up as young men none of us ever considered marrying girls of other racial groups. It was not the acceptance factors but rather we didn't think they are the kind of wives we wanted or we can trusted. To play around, sure, but for marriages always good old fashion Chinese girls are preferred. Where they came from are immaterial. Other oriental girls were and are the second choices if the right can not be met.

we are not confident because we have lost our core culture-华夷之辨.we should recover this value and treat all the non-chinese culture people as barbarians. we should be proud of our culture and believe it's the best in the world.

we are not confident because we have lost our core culture-华夷之辨.we should recover this value and treat all the non-chinese culture people as barbarians. we should be proud of our culture and believe it's the best in the world.

That is stupid

Because I never saw a Japanese celebs going to Korea and then singing in Korean.

Maybe not in Korea, but in Japan, sure.

People who heard the ending theme of Detective Conan(Kuraki Mai performed both Japanese and Korean language themes) were shocked because it had zero accent.(Unlike the typical Japanese singer's attempt in Korean)

Anyways, I don't think Japan thinks of Korea as rival.
Of course they do.

Last edited by a moderator:

华夷之辨不只是口头上说说而已,我们确实需要自己的独立思想方针,但更重要的是这种思想方针的结果必须比西方的强。

中国在文革中的“华夷之辨”思想是200年来最强的,但文革对中国的整体影响是负面的。

我们的文化有很多精华,但同时有很多糟粕。男尊女卑,阶级思想,封建迷信,拜金等都是中华文明的糟粕,但很难消除。只有社会主义才能在保护中华文明核心价值观的情况下去掉中国文化中的少量糟粕和将其中的精华发扬光大。只有社会主义才能拯救中国,但目前我们的执行相当糟糕。

When it come to marriages, I'm talking about my own thinking and my friends' here in the US, Chinese men are very conservative or maybe very smart however you want to put it. As we were growing up as young men none of us ever considered marrying girls of other racial groups. It was not the acceptance factors but rather we didn't think they are the kind of wives we wanted or we can trusted. To play around, sure, but for marriages always good old fashion Chinese girls are preferred. Where they came from are immaterial. Other oriental girls were and are the second choices if the right can not be met.

I am in the US right now, and my thinking is, that's not totally true. I hear all the time about ABCs being angry that they cannot get a girlfriend in the US, and have to go back to China, Taiwan, HK, Vietnam, wherever they're from, to look. However it is true that many Chinese-American men, older ones especially, are highly conservative, and that strongly clashes with the culture in Asia which is much more liberal in some ways. This results in strong difficulties all around for ABCs.

Actually, from what I know, many Chinese males feel, unconsciously, inadequate compared to American males. This is due to the cruelty of colonialism and propaganda. Even Chinese males who are dating European females face severe negative social pressure from other Chinese males! This is because they have subconsciously thought that they themselves are "inferior" to Europeans, and if a Chinese male is dating an European female, that threatens their own masculinity, makes them feel inferior to another Chinese (its OK to be inferior to Europeans, never to other Chinese) and so they exert severe social pressure to get rid of the "threat". I read the blog by the Finnish girl who was dating a Chinese man, and even she noticed the negative pressure from OTHER CHINESE MALES. This is true self hatred.

I am in the US right now, and my thinking is, that's not totally true. I hear all the time about ABCs being angry that they cannot get a girlfriend in the US, and have to go back to China, Taiwan, HK, Vietnam, wherever they're from, to look. However it is true that many Chinese-American men, older ones especially, are highly conservative, and that strongly clashes with the culture in Asia which is much more liberal in some ways. This results in strong difficulties all around for ABCs.

Actually, from what I know, many Chinese males feel, unconsciously, inadequate compared to American males. This is due to the cruelty of colonialism and propaganda. Even Chinese males who are dating European females face severe negative social pressure from other Chinese males! This is because they have subconsciously thought that they themselves are "inferior" to Europeans, and if a Chinese male is dating an European female, that threatens their own masculinity, makes them feel inferior to another Chinese (its OK to be inferior to Europeans, never to other Chinese) and so they exert severe social pressure to get rid of the "threat". I read the blog by the Finnish girl who was dating a Chinese man, and even she noticed the negative pressure from OTHER CHINESE MALES. This is true self hatred.

I'm an ABC myself and I have dated quite a few girls of other races until I found an 'old fashion' ABC. I had never wanted to marry others and the same with most of my Chinese friends if not all.

Rather then say Chinese males feel inadequate as to the other males, we can look at it from a different angle. The second generation onward Chinese, at least on the East Coast, are still pretty much under the deep influence of Chinese cultures. Our personalities are more, I'm generalizing here now, inward and non aggressive; nothing like hugging and patting on the ***** like the others do. We avoid physical confrontations if we can. Perhaps this is what give other ideas that we are weak.

I was a young teen during the tail ends of Chinatown gangster epidermic. True most young gangs were new immigrants from China, Vietnam and other places. We were radicalized and were just as tough as them when we went up against the Italians, Puerto Ricans and Blacks in streets fights.

I bring this out to you not meant to be boastful, but merely point out to that we Chinese males can be just as tough mentally and physically as anyone if the situations arise. We have no fear of deaths if our deaths have the value of Mount Tai, so to speak. Otherwise our thousands of years of Confucius humbleness persisted.

I'm an ABC myself and I have dated quite a few girls of other races until I found an 'old fashion' ABC. I had never wanted to marry others and the same with most of my Chinese friends if not all.

Rather then say Chinese males feel inadequate as to the other males, we can look at it from a different angle. The second generation onward Chinese, at least on the East Coast, are still pretty much under the deep influence of Chinese cultures. Our personalities are more, I'm generalizing here now, inward and non aggressive; nothing like hugging and patting on the ***** like the others do. We avoid physical confrontations if we can. Perhaps this is what give other ideas that we are weak.

I was a young teen during the tail ends of Chinatown gangster epidermic. True most young gangs were new immigrants from China, Vietnam and other places. We were radicalized and were just as tough as them when we went up against the Italians, Puerto Ricans and Blacks in streets fights.

I bring this out to you not meant to be boastful, but merely point out to that we Chinese males can be just as tough mentally and physically as anyone if the situations arise. We have no fear of deaths if our deaths have the value of Mount Tai, so to speak. Otherwise our thousands of years of Confucius humbleness persisted.

im not saying Chinese males are not physically and mentally tough. that's a fact. I'm talking about subjective feelings. Actually, I remember seeing a correlation of interracial marriage, age difference, etc. and I saw some shifts in the demographics from when you were a teenager and today.

The Rise of Intermarriage | Pew Social & Demographic Trends

Today, almost 3 times as many white males marry Asian female as the opposite way. Asians have the highest academic achievement of all races in the US, yet average life savings for a new Asian-Asian couple are much lower than that of white males who marry Asians. Only the most elite and richest Asian males like Steve Chu can marry white females.

78.9% of Asian-Asian marriages are first time marriages. In contrast, only 54.4% of white male Asian female marriages are first time marriages, the 3rd lowest rate.

sdt-2012-rise-of-intermarriage-16.png

The age gap between white male Asian female marriages is staggeringly high, and double that of most other races.

sdt-2012-rise-of-intermarriage-17.png

In the past, 1980, it was usually old Asian males who married young white girls. Today, the situation has been reversed, where it is now old White males who marry young Asian girls and in far greater numbers than older Asian males marrying young white girls in the 1980's.

sdt-2012-rise-of-intermarriage-31.png

This shows that even as Asian countries have taken an upward economic trajectory, this has not been correlated with increasing male attraction.

We have the inferiority complex towards no one, always being proud to be Chinese.

thats not true for some people. it is foolish to deny a significant portion of our population has an inherent inferiority complex. Every time I see a Chinese male dating a European female (rare, but I've seen it) they get negative pressure from other Chinese males. The opposite occurs when white males date Chinese females; the other whites help him.

thats not true for some people. it is foolish to deny a significant portion of our population has an inherent inferiority complex. Every time I see a Chinese male dating a European female (rare, but I've seen it) they get negative pressure from other Chinese males. The opposite occurs when white males date Chinese females; the other whites help him.

Why i heard the different voice like "支持中国爷们草外国妞"?

Anyway, most of Chinese guys prefer to date with the Chinese girls, i think the girls from Shanghai or Dongbei are the most popular Chinese girls for the Chinese guys since i often heard the online gossip about them. :lol:

Why i heard the different voice like "支持中国爷们草外国妞"?

Anyway, most of Chinese guys prefer to date with the Chinese girls, i think the girls from Shanghai or Dongbei are the most popular Chinese girls for the Chinese guys since i often heard the online gossip about them. :lol:

实际生活中并非如此,他们只不过是口头上说支持,暗地里总是背后插刀。

呵呵,还是喜欢我们南方的川妹子,湘妹子~

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom