What's new

Why does China Copy: Fake It Till You Make It

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cannot innovate ; that's is my point. Japan succeeded and industrialize early on. Chinese was backwards, they even bound women feet! Barbaric! In Meiji Era Japanese vote; in Qing they into slavery still. Backward people !

No comparison. Even now they under autocrat rule CPC; no personal freedom in China. They are same still as before.

Copy copy copy inherent weakness.

In Meiji era until WWII japanese was also willing to go on a suicide run to blow up other people for the sake of the emperor, is that progressive?

Japan has a 40 year head start on China, if china was still resorting to copying 40 years from now then your analysis would be correct, but you are jumping the gun too quick. China embraced FDI, foreign technology because China needed to build an industrial base it didn't have, today she has the largest in the world. If you think Chinese economy is still based off cheap imitations, let me ask you why hasn't any other country adopted the same model, given Chinese labor given its status as a upper middle income economy. If you believe the fomer, you are no smarter than a redneck from the deep south chanting "dey turk er jerbs!".

Back to the topic of Japanese innovation, why is it since the introduction of Chinese competitors, many japanese firms have suffer large losses and have even gone under. Famous examples are Sharp and Panasonic/National, simply put they were unable to differentiate themselves and carried on their old business model of standardisation which made them belly up.

Cannot innovate ; that's is my point. Japan succeeded and industrialize early on. Chinese was backwards, they even bound women feet! Barbaric! In Meiji Era Japanese vote; in Qing they into slavery still. Backward people !

No comparison. Even now they under autocrat rule CPC; no personal freedom in China. They are same still as before.

Would you like to make a PERSONAL RESPONSE to post #20, my friend? LOL

Japanese firms are not known to innovate, you people are know for efficiency. That's why late comer/competitors in Samsung have been able to beat much more established Brands of Japan in the foreign markets. Its why you don't see much companies like Toshiba in Australia anymore for instance. Japan is very good at making standardised products, well established designs, you people are not known to test out new ventures or radical designs.

Copy ? We innovate , can understand meaning of copy from innovate? Maybe innovate for Chinese is reverse engineer?

Copy culture, cheap path !

One of the most commonly discussed issues of national character in Japan revolves around the question of personal creativity. Put simply, it is this: Are the Japanese lacking in the DNA of originality?

This is an old, and tired, polemic, but I want to revisit it today to throw some light on Japanese achievements in science and technology.

The image of Japan as “a nation of copycats” was conjured up in the early Meiji Era (1868-1912). After more than two centuries of national isolation imposed (on pain of death) by the Tokugawa Shogunate, a new modern Japan sprang full-blown out of the heads of talented and impetuous individuals who dreamt of a nation equal in greatness to any other. This meant catching up with the empires of the West; and one of the slogan-engines propelling the newly conceived nation-state forward represented just that: Oitsuki oikose, or “Catch up (with the West) and overtake it.”

This naturally entailed a steep learning curve. The best, the brightest and the most goal-motivated were sent overseas at government expense to learn from the Western powers, primarily Germany, Britain, France and the United States, whatever was necessary to replicate their successes. This process necessarily involved a good deal of what appeared to be rote learning. But this does not mean that you can write off the swift and thoroughgoing innovations of Meiji Japan under the derivative banner, “That’s All She Rote.”

As Japan began to industrialize in the final decades of the 19th century, the Western powers jumped to characterize the Japanese, if you will excuse the mix of metaphor, as a “monkey see monkey do” nation of copycats. The Japanese, too, were more than willing to laugh at themselves in self-deprecation, especially when it was pointed out that a number of foreign-made machines had been replicated in Japanese factories complete with cracks that had inadvertently been in the original prototypes.

What? Please point out some of my anti-China threads...

Keel is the one of most loyal subscribers for creating anti-American sentiments alongside the other America haters
Share your experience in india with us cant you?
Let be honest with yourself, can we? Because we are your enemy, therefore you chose SELECTIVELY to pick product to paint us as a copycat when other like SK or JP did it, you turn a blind eyes because it is not good to embarrass your allies. AM I RIGHT? LOL

Anyway, this copy thing is old and absolutely mean nothing. Any company will try to make a quick profit especially if they just want to get rich quick. In fact, Apple copy Samsung and similar wise Samsung copy Apple but you never see any Indian bot accusing the US or South Korea of being a copycat. Why? Once again, the cheerleaders don't like to paint their allies in a bad way.

Friend? You are no friend of mine, Chinese.
Come on my friend, give me some love Nihon! LOL

One of the most commonly discussed issues of national character in Japan revolves around the question of personal creativity. Put simply, it is this: Are the Japanese lacking in the DNA of originality?

This is an old, and tired, polemic, but I want to revisit it today to throw some light on Japanese achievements in science and technology.

The image of Japan as “a nation of copycats” was conjured up in the early Meiji Era (1868-1912). After more than two centuries of national isolation imposed (on pain of death) by the Tokugawa Shogunate, a new modern Japan sprang full-blown out of the heads of talented and impetuous individuals who dreamt of a nation equal in greatness to any other. This meant catching up with the empires of the West; and one of the slogan-engines propelling the newly conceived nation-state forward represented just that: Oitsuki oikose, or “Catch up (with the West) and overtake it.”

This naturally entailed a steep learning curve. The best, the brightest and the most goal-motivated were sent overseas at government expense to learn from the Western powers, primarily Germany, Britain, France and the United States, whatever was necessary to replicate their successes. This process necessarily involved a good deal of what appeared to be rote learning. But this does not mean that you can write off the swift and thoroughgoing innovations of Meiji Japan under the derivative banner, “That’s All She Rote.”

As Japan began to industrialize in the final decades of the 19th century, the Western powers jumped to characterize the Japanese, if you will excuse the mix of metaphor, as a “monkey see monkey do” nation of copycats. The Japanese, too, were more than willing to laugh at themselves in self-deprecation, especially when it was pointed out that a number of foreign-made machines had been replicated in Japanese factories complete with cracks that had inadvertently been in the original prototypes.

Blah blah blah. You not address point I made , you copy copy copy. Every Japanese company know if they go to China workers will copy blue prints to material and sell to highest bidder. That why now no Chinese are hire in management level. We know you character.

Good at copy copy not good at innovate.

I know I work in Japanese company in Tianjin many years ago. Chinese workers are also lazy, we have height turnaround of Chinese laborers. Not compare to Japanese workers.

Chinese labor is of poorer quality. I admit.

Blue Ray. Video game systems. Even internal of Chinese phones is JAPANESE!!!!!!!

Like I say Chinese copy copy copy copy!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Blue Ray. Video game systems. Even internal of Chinese phones is JAPANESE!!!!!!!

Like I say Chinese copy copy copy copy!!!!!!
BluRay LOL. Oh riteee very innovative that nobody try to buy BlueRay anymore. As far as video game console, only you made them and USA copy later. We ban video game until very lately as in 2015. That because you sell cheap. All internal phones we can supply ourselves. The only important in phone is processor and software it used which does not come from you because you never make good microprocessor anyway. You also bad at producing software. Your specialty is in making standardize hardware, automobile which copy from European design initially and video game which really little competition. LOL

BluRay LOL. Oh riteee very innovative that nobody try to buy BlueRay anymore. As far as video game console, only you made them and USA copy later. We ban video game until very lately as in 2015. That because you sell cheap. All internal phones we can supply ourselves. The only important in phone is processor and software it used which does not come from you because you never make good microprocessor anyway. You also bad at producing software. Your specialty is in making standardize hardware, automobile which copy from European design initially and video game which really little competition. LOL

Hahahahahaha you ban? Why ban ? And rest of you post is blah blah blah. :)

You funny, Chinese. I like you.

seem some Japanese has selected memory lost of some sort, not so long ago after ww2 when there industry was picking up his so called allies was also calling them copycat. i guess that what happen when a country keep rewriting there own history books.

image.jpg

because our govt don't believe game is good for education. In fact, ever since your people start to game, your education goes down. If it wasn't our ancestor Tang's people intelligent gene embedded in your blood, do you think your Ainu barbaric blood can become this intelligent now? This is not mentioning you copy our Tang culture to the core. Am I right? LOL

Yamato is true heir of Tang Culture. :)

Blah blah blah. We Japanese not into drugs. Remember Chinese opium addiction? Gambling?

Inferior and weak social qualities.

We Japanese always see you Chinese as socially culturally our inferiors. And weak.
You are not into drug, but you are into exotic things such as the Otaku. Yes we are socially culturaly inferior to the point your ancestors came to us and copied everything. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom