What's new

Why every Indian should be PROUD of DRDO

That would seem to be the key. A disconnect between the developer,the DRDO and the final consumer the Indian armed forces? Internal DRDO inefficeincies though,IMO,the former is the most likely,though I'm too far away to have any firm opinions. Compared to Pakistani projects,Indian projects do appear to have a loooooong gestation period,eg Tejas viz a viz the j17.

Not true... it's just the matter of availability of info in public domain. ... About Tejas vs JF 17 project..

Project start up : Tejas - 1988, FC1 - 1989
First flight : Tejas - 2001, FC1 -2003 - FC took longer than Tejas to develop - India had zero exp in airplane development
Introduction : Tejas -2013/14, FC1 - 2007 - FC1 included without FOC and was not able to fire BVR missile.

If we see - there is no much difference in development timeline. But contrary to PAF approach IAF wants a mature product.

Not true... it's just the matter of availability of info in public domain. ... About Tejas vs JF 17 project..

Project start up : Tejas - 1988, FC1 - 1989
First flight : Tejas - 2001, FC1 -2003 - FC took longer than Tejas to develop - India had zero exp in airplane development
Introduction : Tejas -2013/14, FC1 - 2007 - FC1 included without FOC and was not able to fire BVR missile.

If we see - there is no much difference in development timeline. But contrary to PAF approach IAF wants a mature product.

Thanks for clearing that up! You're right about public info. I've always been curious about the DRDO;from where I sit the missile program seems a success. Is there a place here or on the net giving no bs DRDO info?

Thanks for clearing that up! You're right about public info. I've always been curious about the DRDO;from where I sit the missile program seems a success. Is there a place here or on the net giving no bs DRDO info?

Visit DRDO web site for info on project status.

well,I feel bad when some immature members talk sh!t about DRDO..they're trying as hard as can be to produce defence products.but as you know,a govt agency in India and efficiency can't go hand in hand.plus,they have inconsistent customers,i.e. Armed Force and they had to work under sanction for some time.so,it is understandable that they'll lag some and will not make tank like Challenger-2 in one day.also,they've huge number of branches to cover with insufficient number of researchers.the main reason is govt and their pay grade.they offer relatively lower sum than what these scholars get in any private company.also,recruitment is pretty slow.but even then,they made us proud.so,Salute to you DRDO..
India.gif

lets list the products DRDO made till now..other members,please help as much as you can.

Back
Top Bottom