What's new

Why India Did Not ‘Win’ the Standoff with China

Doklam and Doklam plateau are two different things, China wanted to own Doklam not just the plateau, the road till Doka La essentially already covers the whole Doklam plateau. When we station troops there, we have de-facto control of Doklam plateau. Strategically, it was the plateau that mattered, the last big piece of flat land there facing Siliguri. Use google 3D, the plateau area is only at the top left quarter of Doklam, the rest are essentially river valleys with no strategic use.

So when Indians entered the Doklam plateau area, their main aim was not road obstruction, it was road destruction of the completed roads in Doklam Plateau. Why else do you need to bring in 2 excavsatros, you could have used only kumbaya troops instead.

Map from Indian analyst. Doklam plateau is from Batang La, Merug La, Senche La to Doka La, looks like a diamond, essentially the whitish area crisscrossed by the roads there. We completed roads from Merug La/Senche La to Doka La, essentially grade 40 roads, then interference from Doka La happened when we tried to extend to Gyomochen. Gyomochen is not a plateau but it was the original trijunction as per 1890 agreement.

Doklam%2BPlateau-3.jpg

Map from Chinese MOFA
china-sikkim-border-1.jpg

Well said, Indians strategist's worst nightmare is China to militarize Donglang to threaten the Chicken neck, but with their stupid provocation now it just like to became a self fulfilling prophecy. With Donglang China will hold 3 strategic advantages over India:

1-military advantage: we can cut India North East off in time of war with massively militarized Donglang.
2-economy advantage: We can cut Indian water to severly affect their economy
3-Religious hostage: Hindu pilgrim need to go to worship their Lord Shiva at Mount Kailash in Tibet, and purify their sins in Mansarovar lake, We're the one to decide to let these +hundred millions Indian Hindus belivers to pay respect to their lord Shiva.

http://www.himalayanglacier.com/blog/the-10-undenying-spiritual-facts-of-mount-kailash.html
I hope Pakistan has the good sense to utilise China's victory to her advantage if needs be.

I did not realise the gravity of this Chinese victory result against the aggressor.

I hope Pakistan has the good sense to utilise China's victory to her advantage if needs be.

I did not realise the gravity of this Chinese victory result against the aggressor.

For Chinese :Crisis is equal to opportunity, in the pass China didn't want to address the tactical imbalance near India border, we don't want Indian to perceive that as arm race against them and India always hold a military advantage over China but Donglang is a turning point for Chinese general to rethink Chinese border defense against India and recalibrate Chinese military to address this tactical imbalance but acquiring a strategically advantage such as Donglang Plateau.

Now with the militarization of Donglang, we will able to do to India of what they have done to United Pakistan in 1971.

For Chinese :Crisis is equal to opportunity, in the pass China didn't want to address the tactical imbalance near India border, we don't want Indian to perceive that as arm race against them and India always hold a military advantage over China but Donglang is a turning point for Chinese general to rethink Chinese border defense against India and recalibrate Chinese military to address this tactical imbalance but acquiring a strategically advantage such as Donglang Plateau.

Now with the militarization of Donglang, we will able to do to India of what they have done to United Pakistan in 1971.
Will not Bharat know this? Will she not respond to this?

Will she not increase the troop numbers in that region and her air force there?

Will not Bharat know this? Will she not respond to this?

Will she not increase the troop numbers in that region and her air force there?

Surely they know all these, we're just playing their game and give them a psychological nightmare which we can do to them of what they did to Pakistan. They know how vulnerable this Siliguri corridor to China's attack, once it's been cut off from mainland India, their troops will not be able to hold longer this area from multi direction of PLA rocket and artilleries assault regardless of how many troops numbers increase.

Last edited:
The only thing they win is get away unharmed from this standoff, this is undeniable fact. But they will not be so lucky next time.

and what did you do to harm indians sitting in territory claimed by china ? More than 70 warnings by your state and state owned media.

Surely they know all these, we're just playing their game and give them a psychological nightmare which we can do to them of what they did to Pakistan. They know how vulnerable this Siliguri corridor to China's attack, once it's been cut off from mainland India, their troops will not be able to hold longer this area from multi direction of PLA rocket and artilleries assault regardless of how many troops numbers increase.
So this could potentially lead to a "two-front" conflict for Bharat? Interesting. I pray that Pakistan uses this towards the interests of the oppressed people of Bharat occupied Kashmir if this situation arises.

and what did you do to harm indians sitting in territory claimed by china ? More than 70 warnings by your state and state owned media.

What you want me to say more I already said India got away without harm but you guys go empty handed either in this standoff. Now China is patrol and set explosive mine at the border...next Indian trespass shall be their own doom.

So this could potentially lead to a "two-front" conflict for Bharat? Interesting. I pray that Pakistan uses this towards the interests of the oppressed people of Bharat occupied Kashmir if this situation arises.

Aksai Chin is geo-strategically advantage for China to act like earlier Warning aircraft without the need for refueling that scan and monitor all Indian activities in J&K 24/7. We can share the real time information with Pakistan during standoff or any skirmish so Pakistan can preemptive Indian position. China can certainly deter India any military adventure against Pakistan.

main-map_647_030317072114.jpg

What you want me to say more I already said India got away without harm but you guys go empty handed either in this standoff. Now China is patrol and set explosive mine at the border...next Indian trespass shall be their own doom.

Its all about Road not patrolling. Without harm ? pls take a hike .

What are the things we need to consider while doing Everest base camp trek?
https://www.nepalhighlandtreks.com/everest-trekking.html

The Everest Base Camp Trek is a spectacular high altitude trek in the mountains of Nepal. You can experience jaw dropping scenery and a unique cultural experience exploring the challenging trekking routes around the highest mountain in the world. Everest Base Camp is situated on the Khumbu Glacier at the foot of Everest at an altitude of 5600 metres .It can be reached over a period of nine days with two complete rest days enroute.

Before doing Everest Base Camp Trek we need to make a checklist which includes the budget , number of days to be spent there and the things that we need in trek .

Here are a lot of things mentioned below:

1) As we have limited days remaining and are financially feasible then we can have flight ,but climate and time for doing camp should be choosen carefully as there might be risk in unfavourable situation. Best time is taken between mid February to the end of the March and the other months include April ,September and October

2) We have to make clear to the agencies upon charge they take for Everest Base Camp Trek. Those cost related budget should be made clear earlier .

3) People can suffer from altitiude sickess so prepare yourself by carrying Diamox along with first aid kit. Also consult with agencies about types of clothes the may recommend including gloves , extra pair of warm shocks,hat /handband,reusuable water bottle, light jacket as it can help us feel ease in trekking. Other small, but important things include wives ,sunglasses, raincoats , chocolates etc. Always remember that take more that the agencies suggest you regarding dry food items and light clothes , wives and extra medicines.

4) Buying for drinking water is found to be much expensive so prepare for it by taking chlorine pills so that you can use it on the way by mixing it on tap water.

5) One goes there to make some experience which is remembered throughout the life , so keep in mind about taking camera ,capturing moments, writing names on the stone at Everst Base Camp, enjoying at the restaurants and museum is the most important thing for making this experience living .

6) The most appropriate platform for the preparation in doing Everest Base Camp Trek is through knowing the experiences of other people trekking. So, you can read articles of other people experiences.

Back
Top Bottom