What's new

Why India needs Myanmar on its side!!

just 1 question,in what aspect we r going behind china as a friend?

The day when India becomes good friend with China is the same day USA will label India as a "TRAITOR". LOL

We can influence on burma to stop their human rights abuse only if we have good friendship with them(then we can say...hey pal, stop your hr abuse...it suckzz:cheers:)
btw what is your openion on china providing weapons and having good relationship with that dictatorshio country?

LOL. I think India wants to control Burma's natural gas more than she want to fight Human Right abuse there.

Good going. Nepal, Bhutan, Srilanka, Bangladesh and Maldives already on our side. Myanmar is also crucial but China also has influence on it. We should work on Myanmar. Its just first phase.

I doubt Nepal..although, till now we share good relation, I am not sure about near future. maoists pressure is increasingly high on nepalese govt. we just saw Nepal pm resigning because of these maoist pressure.

i can see the fact going on in same order in Nepal as china in 1940's.

It will not be like China. Democracy can not be over powered by the maoists. Specially when the Nepalese Army is very strong.

It will not be like China. Democracy can not be over powered by the maoists. Specially when the Nepalese Army is very strong.

if we see the last few episodes in Nepalese political drama..then you should remember, even the Nepal army was almost ready to be merged with maoist guirellas army in Nepal, although later it came to be known as Prachanda's dirty trick and lie behind it, but for a moment, the maoist influence was easily visible on Nepalese army.

I doubt Nepal..although, till now we share good relation, I am not sure about near future. maoists pressure is increasingly high on nepalese govt. we just saw Nepal pm resigning because of these maoist pressure.

But as of now they don't have majority control and above all Nepalese army is against them. But their influence is growing. That is a major challenge for India.

If Prachanda becomes PM, still it will take time to change its policy entirely. But for last few years there is no political stability in Nepal and no PM was able to complete his turns.

Already replied to laxman,

"Maoist influence in Nepal increased substantially over past few years but the govt and the Army is still under Indian influence. As of now maoist didn't take over control of Nepal's internal and external foreign policies."

if the support of the people is going at its end how long they(army) can survive? you see the people of nepal are willing to play more in bilateral relation with india !

When I said 'against China'? Who said we are going to fight against China? Yes, they are our adversary and we are modernizing our forces just like others but that doesn't mean we are going to fight against China. Every adversaries doesn't fight.

Its true that India has much more influence on those countries than any other countries. China also trying to grow its influence on these countries but except Pakistan and Myanmar they have failed to influence on any of its neighbors.

You're right, India and China will never fight each other directly. Too much to lose on both sides.

I disagree with your second paragraph though... we have influence in Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Myanmar, etc.

I think you are wrong to say we have no influence on our South Asian neighbours apart from Pakistan and Myanmar. Look at us building ports in Sri Lanka for example.

BBC News - Sri Lanka port built with Chinese help

Last edited:
if the support of the people is going at its end how long they(army) can survive? you see the people of nepal are willing to play more in bilateral relation with india !

well, I am convinced that soon we'll see big changes in India-nepal relation, if things continue like this...if this happens, India will have certain advantages as well as disadvantages both.

What the people think should be represented by the govt and the country. If the people of Nepal chooses maoist, that is their own choice. but like earlier PM of Nepal, their could still non-maoist parties those can be in power. like many of the people accepted communism, there are many don't like it and they are they majority. so we should work on them.

maoist are powerful but not everything nor going to be any time soon.

The day when India becomes good friend with China is the same day USA will label India as a "TRAITOR". LOL

so by that comment i can guess,u had already earned that title:lol:

LOL. I think India wants to control Burma's natural gas more than she want to fight Human Right abuse there.

definitely yes,what do u think we r there for,and what do u think china is there for

well, I am convinced that soon we'll see big changes in India-nepal relation, if things continue like this...if this happens, India will have certain advantages as well as disadvantages both.

many young citizens of india will get their job in BSF, is d only advantages,

maoist are powerful but not everything nor going to be any time soon.

The maoists party lead by Prachanda is a corrupt one, who used and cheated their own people for power and greed of money...they were caught red handed after the leader was caught on camera speaking about how he fooled the people iof Nepal to get his demands met..

see this..not a very good future for nepal if maoists win..

Last edited by a moderator:
many young citizens of india will get their job in BSF, is d only advantages,

look at the bigger picture buddy, i dont want to spill the beans , but majority of our internal rebel groups are getting the support by arms and money through external parties through these maountainous region...terrorist using the free Indo-Nepal border..free visa policy hits the security at large.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom