What's new

Why India Should be a permanent member in UN security council?

i do not understand the obsession that most indians have about getting a UNSC pemenant seat.......its like they think that when they are inducted as a member all of their other problems will go away or something like that.
look at israel, its actions against the flotilla were condemned by the UNSC but did anything happen....no, the UNSC even asked for an inquiry which will never be carried out.

i do not understand the obsession that most indians have about getting a UNSC pemenant seat.......its like they think that when they are inducted as a member all of their other problems will go away or something like that.
look at israel, its actions against the flotilla were condemned by the UNSC but did anything happen....no, the UNSC even asked for an inquiry which will never be carried out.

I slightly agree with your point of obsession... I think India views it as a matter of prestige , nothing else..

As long as India harbours and continues to advance despicable territory contempt toward almost all of its immediate neighbours such as China, Pakistan, Srilanka, Sikkim , Nepal, ... , it mustn't be allowed ANY permanent place whatsoever in ANY respectable international bodies, let alone prestigious UNSC!

:cheers:

As long as India harbours and continues to advance despicable territory contempt toward almost all of its immediate neighbours such as China, Pakistan, Srilanka, Sikkim , Nepal, ... , it mustn't be allowed ANY permanent place whatsoever in ANY respectable international bodies, let alone prestigious UNSC!

:D:D....coming from a country that has attacked all its nieghbours in the past for land...and still threatens all its neighbours for land....

Which does not know meaning of Human freedom...which keeps thousands of missiles pointed at a tiny Island....

I think IT IS CHINA WHOSE membership should be revoked and India given its place.....

Last edited:
The current power setup in the UN is based on the post ww2 world and is heavily biased towards the western world. It is outdated, unfair, and in no way reprsents the world as it is today.

Countries such as Britain and france, with populations of 50-60 million, have the veto; while much larger countries have no power.

Economically the world has changed, the western countries are no longer the hub of the worlds economy, and they will decline further comparitively.

A change in the power sharing of the UN is long overdue. India, with its large population alone should have far greater clout in the UN. Both security council membership, and the power of veto is long overdue.

This will ofcourse spell disaster for Pakistan. However it is only a matter of time before this takes place.

My two rupees.
Then, to make India a Permanent UN member, India should start another world war, set up a new order and then establish itself as the sole arbiter of the UNO. Remember, no country will accept India as another Permanent member unless it behaves properly with its neighbours.

Population figure has no relevance in that kind of membership. It is the influence a country on other countries of the world that counts. But, India, hooh!

India by no means qualify for a permanent seat in SEC, a country even having trouble to be a stable nation (Maoist), still running under the most evil, discrimination system on the planet. (Caste-System).

It will be a disgrace to the credibility of UN SEC if India will be allowed as a member. :no:

I personally think there is no immediate rush for UNSC. We are still developing and it is not very important as such. Within a decade when we emerge more powerful then I think we'll get it automatically. We should be concentrating in improving the living standards of our people and solve all the issues externally and internally.

But I think pushing for UNSC is a common practice and many countries are doing it for long time, so I think this time also they did as a routine..

India by no means qualify for a permanent seat in SEC, a country even having trouble to be a stable nation (Maoist), still running under the most evil, discrimination system on the planet. (Caste-System).

It will be a disgrace to the credibility of UN SEC if India will be allowed as a member. :no:

If China, a nation with the worst human freedom metrics and a country where respected companies like Google feel the need to get out instead of bear the pain can always take comfort in the fact that even with all this injustice to its people it is a permanent member of UNSC.

India cannot be a member not because China does not want it but it cannot be a member if it does not get support from US. Russia has always supported India and in all probability, by 2015 India will be an important and permanent member of UNSC. Irrespective of China's reservations, its efforts during nuclear deal was dealt with effectively.

I personally think there is no immediate rush for UNSC. We are still developing and it is not very important as such. Within a decade when we emerge more powerful then I think we'll get it automatically. We should be concentrating in improving the living standards of our people and solve all the issues externally and internally.

But I think pushing for UNSC is a common practice and many countries are doing it for long time, so I think this time also they did as a routine..

Yes, keep dreaming for a permanent member of SEC should keep you guys happy for the coming decades, dream on cos its free.:oops:

because india not deserve to be a permanent member and if they got vitto than world only be in flames we already have seen speech of dev cataria in NY with israeli how much hatered they have for muslims even indian ecenomy revolves around islamic countries

I dont see any reason to run for permanent seat in UNSC. Any special advantage we will have? I doubt. It is true, UNSC does represent only few nuclear powers and should be totally abolished. India - along with others should campaign to make it obsolete in UN, rather than running to join it. And we have a lot of important works at home.

because india not deserve to be a permanent member and if they got vitto than world only be in flames we already have seen speech of dev cataria in NY with israeli how much hatered they have for muslims even indian ecenomy revolves around islamic countries

I think India has some ways to go in becoming a true democracy that works for its citizens. I think it is more important for India to become a place where its citizens can pursue happiness and prosperity in a safe and just environment, rather than ambitiously pursuing agendas such as becoming a permanent member of the security council, which truly does not help India in any way. India needs to send out a survey each year to all its citizens to figure out how content they are in their country, much like Bhutan does with its happiness index, and then work to improve their plight. UN permanent seat will automatically follow, as no one can afford to ignore a truly prosperous and powerful nation.

Back
Top Bottom