What's new

Why Narendra Modi will never become PM

Of course he does have a point. Following their rout in Karnataka bypolls and elsewhere, BJP was fighting within itself wrt Modi & the part was in disarray. But now with Modi nominated as BJP's PM candidate, the masses and local political parties and allies can be unified and rallied behind Modi and BJP/NDA election manifesto. He has the charisma that very few present day political leaders possess today.

And TBH, the Indian public is tired of all this corruption nurtured by the UPA govt. Hell, despite being an economy mastermind, MMS is sitting idle while the economy slowly slides downhill. He has no political power to implement economic reforms and initiatives. Congress and UPA leaders have never shown any backbone to take bold political decisions. And who among the Congress leaders is a good PM candidate? A face which can showcase India and its achievements and potential on the world stage? Rahul Gandhi? Please.

This election, like all previous others, will be about the economy. No religion, no foreign policies, nothing but the economy.

If all reforms could not be implemented BJP too is equally to be blamed for disrupting parliament, cong will pay for its mis governance but will BJP gain because of the failure of both, the regional parties have got very strong in all big states which is not at all a good sign for emerging India. BJP always i have seen floundered while making its political moves, what are the possible reasons for it

1. Too many aspirants even after declaring Modi as PM Candidate

2. Weak n direction less central leadership since the exit of vajpayeeji,(i voted for this party ist n last time in 1999 because of him alone) and in the states BJP matters they have a very strong local leadership

3. Because of vast diffrence in state n central leaders of BJP the perception of it as being serious challanger to congress in whole india is doubtful

3. BJP alone is to be blamed for the rise of regional parties because of lack of vision of its central leader ship since defeat of 2004, congress on the other hand had better reach in almost whole of india

Only Reason can be here ...

1278179_520311414714378_905903325_n.jpg

Hilarious...:rofl:

See here Congress stands exposed

http://www.defence.pk/forums/centra...ves-cheap-land-free-laptops-journalists.html#

i must all add that with the modi as candidate for PM the cadres are elated n raring to go but what about the states where it has no presence at all and in states ruled by it since last 2-3 terms it has impressive strength already except Rajasthan so ig it gains there will surely loose some seats in MP, Chattisgarh. Gujarat will be status quo since they have already 90% of seats

So where from where the numbers will add up with modi at helm its less allies and Rural, East, South India to worry about

Now that Yedurappa supports BJP, Karnataka is assured. Prepoll with Jayalalita is also very likely.

In Bihar, Nitish may suffer but BJP may get same number of seats. So TN may be net addition.

if congress does not deliver telangana,bjp will surely get 10 to 12 states.But i somehow feel cong will do everything in its ability to create telangana.bjp can take firm roots in telangana (the second region for them after karnataka)if cong goes back on its words(but will cong give tg to bjp on a silver platter?)

Stages in professional lifes of eNREGA workers :

1. <Lets make a sensational article why MODI is the devil himself in human form >

2. <Lets make a sensational artcile on why MODI will never be a BJP PM candidate>

3. <Lets make a sensational article on why MODI can never be PM of INDIA >

4. <???????? >
ps..... even I am curious what these low lives will do after they become jobless when MODI comes to power

one true story !!

The cab driver who comes to pick me up in the morning for office.. today he was ecstatic to hear the news o MODI's PM candidature.. As much of a meek guy he is, he went to lengths to convince me why MODI should be the PM of India ..

Just for kicks all this time I was acting like a dumb eNREGA worker for sometime !! I myself was left dumb founded by his unabated verbal thrashing of congress !!

Plenty of threads are already there on this, for a change why don't you post something about who you think should/will become PM, and why? Ultimately we have to have a PM, so why don't you make it more constructive by pitching a good alternative with your sound reasoning!! :)

[Bregs];4778623 said:
Modi's aggression and ruthlessness may appeal to that section of Indian middle class which thinks it is high time India kicked into a higher gear. It does not appeal to most other Indians.

This week’s court conviction of 31 people for crimes including murder during the 2002 post-Godhra riots in Gujarat makes it clear that state Chief Minister Narendra Modi will never be prime minister of India. It would be foolish to try and channel even an iota of the prevailing anti-Congress sentiment around the country that shows no sign of abating in the foreseeable future towards this egotistical man. Each act by Modi demonstrates that he has no misgivings about the death of a thousand Indians during those riots; indeed he is contemptuous about making shows of generosity towards Muslims, as evidenced during his fast (an attempt to appropriate Anna Hazare’s effective anti-Congress tool) when he refused to wear a cap offered by a Muslim. Actually, what could be greater evidence than the fact that he hasn’t made the simple, no-cost political move of apologising for the post-Godhra riots? If Modi thinks that the lack of proof of a chain of culpability on technical grounds is going to be enough, he has another think coming. And no matter how compromised the credibility of police officer Sanjiv Bhatt may be, Modi’s government’s attempts to discredit him mirror the clumsy attempts by the Congress party to discredit Anna Hazare’s team.

As much as Modi’s aggression and ruthlessness may appeal to that section of the Indian middle class which thinks it is high time India kicked into a higher gear, it does not appeal to most other Indians; and no one can become prime minister unless they appeal to a majority of Indians (we don’t have direct elections to the post, but even in pre- or post-poll tie-ups, regional leaders are going to think twice about hitching their fortunes to this man). India Inc can’t stop gushing about how Modi is the man of the future, and how he will be the one to take India to the next stage of rapid economic growth, but these are contestable claims. I wonder whether or not Gujarat, which has traditionally seen high economic activity in India, would have grown without Modi at the helm. I also wonder how many Gujarati industrialists are willing to concede that their rise and success is due to Modi. In any case, the crony capitalism and the corporate complicity in big-ticket corruption during past few years are evidence of how little India Inc really cares for India.

Anybody who thinks that Modi is the man to rescue the nation from the Congress should also look at the parallels thrown up by the coming US presidential elections. President Barack Obama has unfortunately had to hold office during a time when the global economy has spluttered and faces further “lost years”. His leadership has been found wanting by his voters and all precedent points to his being a single-term president — if he faces a strong opponent. Trouble is, Republicans don’t seem able to find a strong candidate to take on Obama. In the run-up to their primary process, each Republican candidate looks more ridiculous and unelectable than the next. An apt analogy might be that Narendra Modi is the Rick Perry of Indian politics. Except that Rick Perry did not preside over the murder of nearly a thousand Texans.

The Congress party is vulnerable because of its own misdeeds, starting from the nuclear deal that was pushed through Parliament with purchased votes, to the blind eye turned to the loot of the country in the 2G scam. Anna Hazare has demonstrated the widespread public revulsion that exists for the UPA government; character assassination of Team Anna members may remove the personnel, but not the public revulsion. Such is the state of public nausea that voters are willing to tolerate a timid and unimaginative chief minister like Maharashtra’s Prithviraj Chavan so long as he’s clean, as a DNA survey showed this week. The opposition parties must think of maximising the opportunity on the horizon; however, on current evidence it looks a tall order. The BJP has over-estimated its own strength and its ability to deliver an alternative. The fact that some of its worthies still think that the 84-year-old rath yatri LK Advani is a PM candidate, despite the fact that he led a losing campaign in 2009, demonstrates the bankruptcy of their political strategy.

India has had several experiments with non-Congress, non-BJP governments, but they have not lasted the full course. This does not mean a future experiment will also come up short. But the regional parties have to get their act together for 2012’s two milestones: the UP elections and India’s Presidential election. Mayawati looks on course to decide the first; perhaps she should take the lead in strategising an alternative for the next Parliamentary election. (I don’t give importance to the anti-Mayawati reports in our casteist media, and I don’t think the voters will either.) And the others, be it Mamata, Jayalalithaa, Nitish, etc, should follow her lead. Doing so would be far better than to delude oneself into following Modi’s lead, because his is a road that will lead nowhere in a hurry.

Source: Why Narendra Modi will never become PM - Analysis - DNA

Plenty of threads are already there on this, for a change why don't you post something about who you think should/will become PM, and why? Ultimately we have to have a PM, so why don't you make it more constructive by pitching a good alternative with your sound reasoning!! :)

this elections will be mess may be some name pops out at the last moment

[Bregs];4780266 said:
this elections will be mess may be some name pops out at the last moment

No, let me come clear first, this time I am most likely to vote for Modi; here are my options:

1. Congress: Probable PM candidates are MMS and three Gandhis, Sonia, Rahul, & Priyanka, as Congress can't think beyond the dynasty. Rahul is more likely to be the PM candidate under guidance of Sonia, but he never hold any ministerial portfolio, his selection will be purely on the basis of his family background, I was never comfortable with this princely affair. And in any case, this is so far "the most corrupt & incompetent Govt." in the history of independent India, I can't even imagine a 3rd term for them.

2. Third Front: I can't think about a Govt. with a new PM every 6-8 months, while the Govt. is not progressing anywhere with 20 parties are pulling it in 20 different directions. Finally, another costly vote within 2-3 years maximum.

3. BJP: Modi is now confirmed, I think he did well in Gujrat, a strong & decisive leader, a welcome change. A bit authoritative, but we had enough with a PM acting clueless while everybody is engaged in looting the country. A tainted leader because of the 2002 riots, but I can't really think of any major party without tainted past. We Indians didn't have any reservations against Congress & Rajiv after 1984, while Sajjan Kumar & Jagdish Titler enjoyed a successful political career.

Hence, BJP with Modi seems to me little better than others, or you can say less bad than others! :)
Can you give me a better reasoning, I am open to change.

That is the million $ question although I wish it I dunno if he will be PM

[Bregs];4779039 said:
Bro riots is not the only reason that may be the last in public memories now after some convictions, there are many other issues e.g this one

The party only gets a zero in the south

BJP loves the word 'south'. In ideological debates, it is called a south-leaning party or a right-wing party. But nothing is right for the BJP in the country's south. We saw the debacle in Karnataka. In Andhra Pradesh, a grassroots leader like Bandaru Dattatreya was sidelined to make way for Venkaiah Naidu, a leader with the Delhi stamp. It lost an ally like the Telugu Desam. Whenever it found some ground in Tamil Nadu, it was on partnerships. For now, the party is empty-handed in the state. Due to the blank slate in the south, the party will not be able to have a pan-India presence allowing it to knock on the doors of 7 Race Course Road even if it does well in the north.

Read more at: Not only Advani, 10 more reasons why Modi will find it hard to move to Delhi : India, News - India Today

Party has no answers in Uttar Pradesh

The BJP began sinking in Uttar Pradesh after 1998. Kalyan Singh was the chief minister and Rajnath Singh was busy sowing every possible thorn in his path. Kalyan Singh was so ostracised that after a year, he began plotting the defeat of the party while being the chief minister! As a result, the party's 57 MPs were reduced to 29. Kalyan Singh was expelled from the party and after Ramprakash Gupta, Rajnath became CM. He made a lot of announcements, a lot of promises but the party's Assembly seats in UP were reduced to 88. Rajnath came to the centre as minister and in 2004, BJP's condition deteriorated further. The situation now is such that the party is desperate to cross 10 seats in UP. A party that has the most Lok Sabha seats in UP used to claim that they ran the country. But the BJP is still in a bad shape in UP. Here, it is filled with spent leaders for whom it will be enough if they retain their seats. All of them are busy maneouvring with each other. In this scenario, if there is no answer in the BJP to politics in Uttar Pradesh, then the Delhi Durbar will just remain a dream.

Read more at: http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/10-reasons-why-narendra-modi-can-never-become-pm/1/278913.html

With 72 seats short other candidates may emerge like BJP Pappu Gadkari or RAJNATH SINGH

The most important thing is the vote share,it is easily possible to increase your seat tally like anything as long as you keep vote share.

Can some one post seats NDA (expected) might win, in his view, per state? Like so many seats in Gujarat, Punjab etc.

Can some one post seats NDA (expected) might win, in his view, per state? Like so many seats in Gujarat, Punjab etc.

Its too early to predict seats per state as yet wait for another 2-3 months for better view

Back
Top Bottom