What's new

Why the global democratic alliance is nothing more than a Western fantasy

Steve Jobs once answered why would he make the iPhone compete with his iPod and take away business. He replied if he didn't do it someone else will.
Then the country that makes highest cost performance will win. China will end "rich democratic alliance" dominance because the number of high IQ Chinese is bigger than the west combined. Chinese workers are hardworking and disciplined.

Then the country that makes highest cost performance will win. China will end "rich democratic alliance" domination because the number of high IQ Chinese is bigger than the west combined. Chinese workers are hardworking and disciplined.

That high IQ didn't help you understand what Steve Jobs meant at all in terms of Japan and Germany.

That high IQ didn't help you understand what Steve Jobs meant at all in terms of Japan and Germany.
Huawei's expensive phone sale surpassed Apple phone in China market before the chip ban. Ironically the best chips are also made by Chinese(Taiwanese are Chinese too). Do you really think Chinese companies forever can not beat US companies like Apple?

Huawei's expensive phone sale surpassed Apple phone in China market before the chip ban. Ironically the best chips are also made by Chinese(Taiwanese are Chinese too). Do you really think Chinese companies forever can not beat US companies like Apple?

Why are you taking this thread on a tangent?

First it's Japan and Germany EV's...now you are going off on Apple.

Why are you taking this thread on a tangent?

First it's Japan and Germany...now you are going off on Apple.
I'm telling one thing for all the time: The rich democractic alliance is not really that scary in front of China.

I'm telling one thing for all the time: The rich democractic alliance is not really that scary in front of China.

The only one who is mentioning scary is China...apparently some kind of inferiority complex is even bringing this up.

This is like the tourist who goes to the top of a high observation tower and loudly tells everybody around them they have no fear of heights...I guess for reassurance...because everybody looks back at them wondering why they even opened their mouth.

What is democracy? Today Hungary is not democracy because Hungary is not friendly to pervert LGBT and also Hungary buy Russian gas. Democracy in western context is a code word to crystalline and self-radicalized pervert, and to scandalized normal and moral people as evil.

Lol

I think democracy means Western values.

If you do not follow Western values like LGBTQ++ and the p*rn industry, your country is not a democracy.

What a shallow!

Even if you follow all their values 100%, but disagree with one of their requests... you are not a democracy as well.

Selfish!

I think the term democracy is not a people's republic anymore. But Western dogs!

If you are not a dog, then you are not democratic.

End of the story.

Why the global democratic alliance is nothing more than a Western fantasy

• The West likes to argue that market capitalism and political liberalism go hand in hand; in reality, the former has proved far more powerful than the latter
  • Having made countries around the world economically interdependent, the West should not expect them to jeopardise their global links by taking political sides

Li Xing

Li Xing
Published: 3:30am, 12 Jan, 2023
In politics there is the "us and them".
If according to the article, one side is the Liberal Democracy, who is the other?
Before I answer the question, there is another parameter that needs to be pointed out and that is that there should be a separation of politics from economic systems.

In answering who "we(us)" are, i.e. the followers of Liberal Democracy, we need to understand what Liberal Democracy is, to see the differences that exist with "others(them)"

Liberal Democracy wants
a sovereign state where there will be rules, so that freedom can also exist. And for a state to be sovereign, a Constitution is required, which protects the people and citizens from arbitrary government, , with a clear distinction between the three powers (executive, legislative, judicial) and freedom of the press.
Liberal democratic political systems therefore have a hybrid character: they incorporate two distinct characteristics, the liberal and the democratic.
The liberal element of liberal democracy is the belief in limited government, that is, the idea that the individual should enjoy protection from the arbitrary actions of governmental bodies.
Its democratic element on the other hand reflects the belief that rulers must somehow be accountable to the people and respond to their needs.

So, the Western-style Liberal Democracy, does the above exist?
If we take into account that in the West there are: freedom of speech, freedom of the press, accountability of politicians, free elections, advocacy and competition, then all this tells us that this is the Liberal Democracy, with its/any weaknesses.

In the next comment I will proceed with the "others/them".

Lol

I think democracy means Western values.

If you do not follow Western values like LGBTQ++ and the p*rn industry, your country is not a democracy.

What a shallow!

Even if you follow all their values 100%, but disagree with one of their requests... you are not a democracy as well.

Selfish!

I think the term democracy is not a people's republic anymore. But Western dogs!

If you are not a dog, then you are not democratic.

End of the story.

Western liberal democracy is now ultra liberal-radicals, inclusive-radicals, pervert-radicals, diversity-radicals all out to exterminate nation states.

In order for the whole world to achieve diversity, human kind should fight against Western diversity-fundamentalism.

If according to the article, one side is the Liberal Democracy, who is the other?
Before I answer the question, there is another parameter that needs to be pointed out and that is that there should be a separation of politics from economic systems.

In answering who "we(us)" are, i.e. the followers of Liberal Democracy, we need to understand what Liberal Democracy is, to see the differences that exist with "others(them)"

Liberal Democracy wants
a sovereign state where there will be rules, so that freedom can also exist. And for a state to be sovereign, a Constitution is required, which protects the people and citizens from arbitrary government, , with a clear distinction between the three powers (executive, legislative, judicial) and freedom of the press.
Liberal democratic political systems therefore have a hybrid character: they incorporate two distinct characteristics, the liberal and the democratic.
The liberal element of liberal democracy is the belief in limited government, that is, the idea that the individual should enjoy protection from the arbitrary actions of governmental bodies.
Its democratic element on the other hand reflects the belief that rulers must somehow be accountable to the people and respond to their needs.

If we take into account that in the West there are: freedom of speech, freedom of the press, accountability of politicians, free elections, advocacy and competition, then all this tells us that this is the Liberal Democracy, with its/any weaknesses.

Continuing the above reasoning , we need to understand who the "others/them" are. So who are they who blame the West and Liberal Democracy?
In my opinion the "others" are of two form : Semi-democracy and Authoritarian.
A semi-democracy blends democratic and authoritarian elements in stable combination. Although rulers are elected, they govern with little respect for individual rights and often harass opposition or even non-official groups.
A authoritarian regime aims for total penetration of society in an attempt, at least in theory, to
transform it, is ‘a regime form for completely organizing political life and society. It interferes with the freedom of the press and the judiciary, imprisons journalists and accuses any ideological opponent as terrorists.

What is wrong with the West?

Western interventions in countries
with different cultures, values and institutions, has brought disastrous results, not only in these countries, but also in the Western countries themselves, with the violent entrance of political immigrants and refugees, who do not want to adapt to Western ideals.
And the West is starting to pay for that, not only politically and culturally but also militarily.
We Greeks, as a bridge between East and West, knew and are aware of the differences that exist. We warned them many times, but unfortunately they did not listen to us.
You can not impose e.g. democratic and liberal values to someone who does not want them.

Liberal Democracy wants

In theory. But in reality (as in United States) liberal democracy has been hijack by the elite corporation.

United States do not have free media but a corporate media. Your free election elect representative that benefits only the corporate elite.

If you believe that liberal democracy still works, you are part of the less then 15%.

The current political liberalism and democracy are just legalized tyranny of the majority.

No alliance once whites become minorities in the US and major other countries in the 2040s. After that it will be extreme woke leading the liberal democracies so that all races/ethnicities are treated equally and pulling back from wars. we all know white war hawks are the ones pushing the war agenda for years but once they are replaced by minorities, the world will be very different

Back
Top Bottom