What's new

Why We’d Miss Musharraf

Are you blind? It says Economic sanctions imposed following the nuke tests

They were imposed after NS's rule and during the beginning of Musharraf's rule.

So when nawaaz had the nuke test,there where no sanctions,but once mushy came in thats when the sanctions took place?
The point if you recall was that there where no economic sanctions as stated by you and wilco....you where convinced it was only military sanctions.......i have proven you wrong so many times i am getted bored to replying to your posts.

So when nawaaz had the nuke test,there where no sanctions,but once mushy came in thats when the sanctions took place?
The point if you recall was that there where no economic sanctions as stated by you and wilco....you where convinced it was only military sanctions.......i have proven you wrong so many times i am getted bored to replying to your posts.

The reports which you yourself had posted contradict you. This is the order in which things happened, even according to your own reports,

• When NS carried out the nuke test, the only sanctions in place were MILITARY SANCTIONS.
  • After NS carried out the nuke test, ECONOMIC SANCTIONS were imposed as well as military ones.
  • The economic sanctions were imposed at the end of 1998, beginning of 1999, Musharraf took over in1999 (some economic sanctions were still in place as late as 2004). NS and Bhutto had already wrecked the economy well before the economic sanctions were in place (from 1990-1998).

PS There WERE only military sanctions in place prior to the nuke tests!! That is what your own reports say!! :crazy:

Are you blind? It says Economic sanctions imposed following the nuke tests

They were imposed after NS's rule and during the beginning of Musharraf's rule.

Regret to correct you Road Runner. The sanctions were imposed during Nawaz Sharif. Nawaz Sharif had initiated a scheme ( mainly to boost Pak FE reserves) to allow overseas Pakistanis open a US Dollar Account in Pakistan. At that time we were assured that it would be like a deposit in any foreign bank and one could withdraw his/her money at any time he desired. Following the sanctions, Ishaq Dar ( Finance Minister) immediate reaction was to stop withdrawl of Dollars from foreign currency deposits. ( after allowing NS and his cronies to remit $300-million overnight).

Instead, all $ account holders were told that they would be given Pak Rupees at the rate prevailing day before the sanctions. ( RS 46 = 1 $) The rate jumped to 60 Pak Rs to 1 $ in a single day and a lot of people including myself lost 50% of their money. A good reward from Nawaz Sharif for depositing hard earned foreign currency in Pakistan.

It is said that Pakistan lost $10-billion that year as 'Hundi' trade flourished and people rushed to get their money out of Pakistan. At leasty I will never again put a deposit in Pakistan, once bitten twice shy.

Regret to correct you Road Runner. The sanctions were imposed during Nawaz Sharif.

I never suggested that the initial implementing of sanctions was done during some other regime other than NS's. In fact I stated that economic sanctions were placed on Pak's economy in 1999 but that this did not affect the economy under NS (due to the India-Pakistan relief act which clinton used to waiver all economic sanctions in 1998)....there were a couple of months at the very END of NS's prime ministership (his second one), during which time the economy was sanctioned, but this was more or less negligible because they were lifted almost immediately. Therefore sanctions were not the cause of the failing economy during NS's time. This is a smoke screen by both Bhutto and NS to cover up their own failings. The reality was that NS had looted so much money from the FOREX, that they had crippled Pakistan's economy far more effectively than any sanctions could. It's clear in the state of the economy by mid 1997 that Pakistan was heading for default. That is my only point.

Nawaz Sharif had initiated a scheme ( mainly to boost Pak FE reserves) to allow overseas Pakistanis open a US Dollar Account in Pakistan. At that time we were assured that it would be like a deposit in any foreign bank and one could withdraw his/her money at any time he desired. Following the sanctions, Ishaq Dar ( Finance Minister) immediate reaction was to stop withdrawl of Dollars from foreign currency deposits. ( after allowing NS and his cronies to remit $300-million overnight).

Instead, all $ account holders were told that they would be given Pak Rupees at the rate prevailing day before the sanctions. ( RS 46 = 1 $) The rate jumped to 60 Pak Rs to 1 $ in a single day and a lot of people including myself lost 50% of their money. A good reward from Nawaz Sharif for depositing hard earned foreign currency in Pakistan.

It is said that Pakistan lost $10-billion that year as 'Hundi' trade flourished and people rushed to get their money out of Pakistan. At leasty I will never again put a deposit in Pakistan, once bitten twice shy.

I think what you're trying to say here, and correct me if I'm wrong is that this is the proof that economic sanctions started under NS's regime? Well, I can agree because following the nuke tests there were some economic sanctions but they were delayed. The important point wasnt this anyway..it was that the slide to default under NS was not due to the economic sanctions. It was due to the looting of the economy and the poor fiscal management of NS and Bhutto. Musharraf I would say had to cope with more sanctions than NS for a longer period of time.

Either way, NS "robbing" you of your money, and pocketing the $'s from the bank is just an example of how he did things. It doesnt surprise me, and all this is down to poor economic management and no investor confidence.

The point of the sanctions is being missed in this thread it seems. It was stated that Pakistan was sanctioned economically throughout the 90s, and this was the reason for the good performance of the ecomony under Musharraf. This is not true. There were no proper sanctions of the Pakistan economy until 1998/1999. Getting into the details of the sanctions isn't so important, but if someone here is of the opinion that sanctions were the cause of NS's near default, then do show the evidence since i'd like to know.

Musharraf is not going!

He will be there for quite some time as the indicators are showing.

Musharraf is not going!

He will be there for quite some time as the indicators are showing.

In other words, he should not be going, he should stay for the Secure future of the country.

Regards
Wilco :pakistan:

Mushy is leading pakistan to disaster,the sooner pakistan gets rid of him ,the better.

The idiot gives every concession under the sun to india over kashmir and they reply back by making the siachen glacier a tourist spot.
What we where doing to the indian's in kashmir is now being done to us in FATA......the guys a genius,why would any indian want a replacment to mushy?

The guy has a track record in lying and is nothing more then a dictator dressed in a suit.

Mushy is leading pakistan to disaster,the sooner pakistan gets rid of him ,the better.
how he is leading Pakistan towards Disaster, just dont make comments but also prove them. ??

When any time i say to anyone Y dont you like Musharaf tell me a reason he dont even relpy.

Regards
Wilco :pakistan:

It would have been a disaster if Pakistan had defaulted. But answer these..
  • Is Pakistan's economic growth one of the best in its history under Musharraf?
  • Has Musharraf not gotten rid of illogical laws discriminating against woman and minorities like Hudood?
  • Are Pakistani institutions not strengthened under Musharraf. For example, has there been a moment in Pakistan's history when a government lost in the courts to a bunch of lawyers, or a time when the media was so anti government? You can bet under NS or anyone, noone was allowed to bring corruption charges to court, even with lots of proof.
  • Most importantly, Musharraf has preserved Pakistan's infrastructure, and not taken your line that it would be better to be flattened by the US following 2001. Would the Ra'ad or Babur have been developed if the infrastructure had been flattened by the US? Of course not, so he has created a stronger Pakistan.

The idiot gives every concession under the sun to india over kashmir and they reply back by making the siachen glacier a tourist spot.

Which concessions has he given? He has tried to solve the issue. But he's not conceded anything.

What we where doing to the indian's in kashmir is now being done to us in FATA......the guys a genius,why would any indian want a replacment to mushy?

Actually no, you're not correct as usual. What was happening in Kashmir was a Kashmiri insurgency. They were locals fighting and still are locals only. In FATA, it is foreigners that are fighting from Arabic, European, Central Asian countries..These people cannot be allowed to take over. If the tribals are too uneducated to see the real intentions, or even the wrong doings of their actions, then those tribals siding with them (and it's not all of them like you seem to think), are a target along with them.

The guy has a track record in lying and is nothing more then a dictator dressed in a suit.

Name one lie he's said. Of course if you can't, the lie is on you. You espouse piosity and Islamic brotherhood, yet ignore the importance of giving proof before bad mouthing hundreds of thousands of people in PA. This sounds typical of the type of people you are a part of.

It would have been a disaster if Pakistan had defaulted. But answer these..
  • Is Pakistan's economic growth one of the best in its history under Musharraf?
  • Has Musharraf not gotten rid of illogical laws discriminating against woman and minorities like Hudood?
  • Are Pakistani institutions not strengthened under Musharraf. For example, has there been a moment in Pakistan's history when a government lost in the courts to a bunch of lawyers, or a time when the media was so anti government? You can bet under NS or anyone, noone was allowed to bring corruption charges to court, even with lots of proof.
  • Most importantly, Musharraf has preserved Pakistan's infrastructure, and not taken your line that it would be better to be flattened by the US following 2001. Would the Ra'ad or Babur have been developed if the infrastructure had been flattened by the US? Of course not, so he has created a stronger Pakistan.

And?
Has Musharraf not gotten rid of illogical laws discriminating against woman and minorities like Hudood?
You fool was it not zia another army guy that brought the law in.

Which concessions has he given? He has tried to solve the issue. But he's not conceded anything.

LOL

Actually no, you're not correct as usual. What was happening in Kashmir was a Kashmiri insurgency. They were locals fighting and still are locals only. In FATA, it is foreigners that are fighting from Arabic, European, Central Asian countries..These people cannot be allowed to take over. If the tribals are too uneducated to see the real intentions, or even the wrong doings of their actions, then those tribals siding with them (and it's not all of them like you seem to think), are a target along with them..

Just like when the indians used to say it is foreigners that are fighting from Arabic, European, Central Asian in kashmir and not the locals........idiot

Name one lie he's said. Of course if you can't, the lie is on you. You espouse piosity and Islamic brotherhood, yet ignore the importance of giving proof before bad mouthing hundreds of thousands of people in PA. This sounds typical of the type of people you are a part of.

Of course the kaffir system is better then the muslim system......keep sucking.
I thought mushy was taking his uniform off.....how many times has he lied about this one issue.
Why are they no NAB cases against govt officials that support him and only against anti mushy people.

Your a waste of time.......not worth the effort.
Dont bother posting an answer back before you actually get some clear insight to the mushy problem.
All you points have been answered a hundred times over,but that brainwashed mind of yours wants to keep licking american arse.

Is is enough dabong or i should show you something else too.:coffee:

ACHIEVEMENTS UNDER MUSHARAF:

REAL SECTOR
Real GDP Growth % 4.2(1999) 7.0(2007)
Agriculture Growth % 1.9(1999) 5.0(2007)
Large Scale Manufacturing % 3.6(1999) 8.8(2007)
Investment %of GDP 15.6(1999) 23.0(2007)
National Savings %of GDP 11.7(1999) 18.0(2007)
FISCAL SECTOR
Per Capita Income $ 438(1999) 925(2007)
Revenue Collection Billion Rs. 308.5(1999) 846.4(2007)
Fiscal Deficit % of GDP 6.1(1999) 4.2(including earthquake expenditure )(2007)
Total Public debit % of GDP 100.4(1999) 55.2(2007)
EXTERNAL SECTOR
Exports Billion $ 7.5(1999) 17.0(2007)
Imports Billion $ 9.6(1999) 27.0(2007)
Remittances Billion $ 1.0(1999) 3.5(2007)
Foreign direct Investment $ Million 376.0(1999) 4160(2007)
Current Account Balance & of GDP -4.1(1999) -5.0(2007)
Foreign Exchange Reserves Billion $ 1.73(1999) 16.39(2007)
MONEY & CAPITAL MARKET
KSE index 100 index 1283(1999) 13566.0(2007)
Market Capatilization Rs. Billion 286.2 (5.7 $)(1999) 3598 (59.2 $)(2007)

PROJECTS STARTED :

1. Layari Express
2. Makran Coastal Highway
3. Gwadar-Khuzdar-Ratodero Road (M8)
4. lowari Tunnel
5. Gwader Deep Sea water port
6. Islamabad-Peshawar motorway (M1)
7. Pindi Bhatian- Faisalabad Motorway (M3)
8. Indus highway
9. Kohat Tunnel
10. Hala Moro (N5)
11. Karachi Bulk water Supply
12. Okara Lahore
13. Quetta Water Supply & Environmental Improvement
14. Fesibility of Bhasha Diamer Dam
15. Chashma Nuclear power project
16. Chashma Hydro power project
17. Ghazi brotha Hydro power project
18. 5th secondary transmission grids project
19. Mangla Dam Raising
20. Mirani Dam
21. Gomal Zam Dam
22. Greater Thal Canal
23. Kachhi Canal
24. rainee Canal
25. Extension RBOD from sehwan to sea RBOD-11
26. Chashma Right Bank Canal

Total Cost=456 bln Rs.

---I wonder what did your leaders did, oh yeh i remember the first looted this country & then Ran away.:guns: :guns:

Regards
Wilco

Your a waste of time.......not worth the effort.
Not him you are.

Dont bother posting an answer back before you actually get some clear insight to the mushy problem.

same is my advice to you dont bother to post till you got your checkup from Me........

All you points have been answered a hundred times over,but that brainwashed mind of yours wants to keep licking american arse.

I just want the answer one time not hundrad times, can you answer it just one time ???

Regards
Wilco

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom