What's new

Will China adopt 'Singapore model'?

Your country Hong Kong has an excellent model too. In fact, if CCP can adopt what Hong Kong did, I am sure it would succeed.

Unfortunately, it would mean compromising on certain political point which the Communist regime would not tolerate, causing a lot of political in-fighting in the CCP: something which it cannot afford.
Hongkong is part of China and its development is mainly during the British colonization. Hongkong is good at finance, other things I did not see it good. Singapore is a more comprehensively developed country with single party system.

What's wrong with China's current model?

It suits China well and should be adhered to till such time when the model no longer brings 8% plus growth year in year out。

Don't tell me the American model,or the european model for that matter,is the universal model。

Far from it,the western model is predicated on its ruling the world at gun points。The developmental hisotry of the west is the history of looting other countries for hundreds of years。Once that ceased to be feasible,the western model started a long journey down the hill。

A western world without its former colonies are destined for insignificance。

The US knows it,hence its muddling in every country's affair。

Just like what I feel the most after finding this site, some Indian "3"'s ignorance really make my eyes wide open, they call HongKong a country...
Remember, not every place once governed by your British Daddy can be called a country!

We China has got our own way of developing, we ain't got any responsibility to make you aliens satisfy. Do your own business, especially those Indians, your shameless bluffing and unbelievable ignorance really make me sick...

It is certainly possible.

Singapore is a Chinese-majority country that reached a high level of development. So they must be doing something right.

And for the record, Hong Kong is not a "country", we've never been an independent country in our entire history. First we were a Chinese city, then a British colony, then back to a Chinese city.

China has already learn the biggest lesson from the Singaporean system. And that is pragmatism and do not dwell on blind faith in political ideology. China has wasted nearly a century on political idealism. With million of lives lied in ruined or destroyed. Stability and solidarity is an essential and necessary condition to bring wealth and progress.
The Chinese politicians concentrate their energy on getting thing done and improving the life of their citizenry. Not on pie in the sky ideology and infighting.
In all metrics, China is doing fine. Don't believe in all those chicken little that is crying the sky is falling down. They are just exaggerating in the hope to weaken China in-order for them to gain power.
In my opinion, to give up the learned and proven lesson to pursue some unproven promises is stupidity beyond believe.
China is not broken, please don't try to fix it.

Good analysis do you have any back ground on political theory its a sound assessment

We China has got our own way of developing, we ain't got any responsibility to make you aliens satisfy. Do your own business, especially those Indians, your shameless bluffing and unbelievable ignorance really make me sick...

the longer you stay, the funnier it will get```some westerners are ignorant too to some extend, but indians are not just ignorant and also extreemly delusional

Humm, why dont we learn from Taiwan Model/HK Model/SG model tgt? It's luck for china we have those 3 brother models.:smitten:

Isn't China present political system working very well? Why would we adopt unpredictable other model? Why would we risk our future to make you non-Chinese feel happy?

China is a 1.3 billion country, people simply can't compare two countries with different scales.

Singaporean model was possible because of one man, Lee Kuan Yew. God has not blessed China with a benevolent dictator who was in it for his own people, not for himself.

China has no Lee Kuan Yew of its own because every single one was corrupt. The man closest to China's Lee Kuan Yew was Chiang Kai Shek, but he was kicked out of the mainland.

You koreans' knowledge domain is definitely different from the rest of the world, trust me, God ain't no Koreans.
Singaporean model was possible because of one man, Lee Kuan Yew. God has not blessed China with a benevolent dictator who was in it for his own people, not for himself.

China has no Lee Kuan Yew of its own because every single one was corrupt. The man closest to China's Lee Kuan Yew was Chiang Kai Shek, but he was kicked out of the mainland.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom