What's new

Will Pak pay the CIA 50 million-rupee bounty for killing Mehsud?

PeacefulIndian

Reaction score
Will Pak pay the CIA 50 million-rupee bounty for killing Mehsud? - Yahoo! India News

Sat, Aug 8 12:30 PM
Islamabad, Aug. 8 (ANI): Following the death of Pak-Taliban chief Baitullah Mehsud in a US drone strike, an interesting question has cropped up-Will Islamabad offer the promised bounty money of 50 million rupees to the CIA for killing Pakistan's enemy no. 1?

The US government had also announced a 5-million-dollar bounty on Mehsud.

The Pakistan Government had announced a reward for the capture, dead or alive, of Baitullah, apart from offering rewards for the arrest or killing of 10 other Taliban leaders, the Daily Times reports.

Other most wanted militants on Islamabad's list are-Faqir Muhammad of Bajaur, Abdul Wali alias Omar Khalid and Qari Shakeel of Mohmand, Tariq Afridi from Darra Adamkhel and Hakimullah Mehsud and Qari Hussain from South Waziristan Agency.

Apart from whom the US would pay their reward money for the information leading to Mehsud's death, the question now is that whether Islamabad would pay their announced head money to the CIA, which coordinated, planned and executed the attack that targeted the Taliban chief. (ANI)

Whats your take on this? Should Pakistan be really paying the amount to CIA?

Uninformed juvenile ramblings from unprofessional Indian media are irrelevant.

It was Pakistani intel that located him. Finder's fee usually goes to the one who provided intel, not the executioner.

:lol: I hardly see any ramblings there. I see a very relevant question. If Pakistan had the intel & had the means to kill/capture Mehsud, why did they announce a bounty in first place? A state declares a bounty only when it runs out of most of its options & hopes to seek support from citizens or the close aides of the target by luring them.

Besides, from the wording of the bounty, it was supposed to include the executioner as well.

Pakistan must pay the sum
then sue US for illegally violating Pakistani Aero Space by flying its drone

the sue money should be in billions

Pakistan must pay the sum
then sue US for illegally violating Pakistani Aero Space by flying its drone

the sue money should be in billions

They are not illegal flights; Pakistan has authorised these strikes...

The story emerging is that it was a US-Pak coordinated effort. The intel probably came from Pakistan and Pakistan's deal was to provide money for the intel, not for killing him.

when ?
how?
who told you?

if you base it on statement of US senator then brother
you are ignorant
pakistan has not given any permission
we protest our strikes and secondly we are not stupid to add miseries

:lol: I hardly see any ramblings there. I see a very relevant question. If Pakistan had the intel & had the means to kill/capture Mehsud, why did they announce a bounty in first place? A state declares a bounty only when it runs out of most of its options & hopes to seek support from citizens or the close aides of the target by luring them.

Besides, from the wording of the bounty, it was supposed to include the executioner as well.

These are the usual uninformed ramblings that permeate Indian media.
Is Indian media authored by 14 year old, video game playing, basement-bois?

Law enforcement agencies offer rewards all the time for info leading to suspects' arrest.
But if the agency itself locates the suspect first, then no reward is due.

In this case, Pakistan (and the US) offered the reward.
Subsequently, ISI located BM and then US drones took him out.

If anyone tipped off ISI, then they deserve the Pakistani (and US) bounty.

@Bill Longley
I saw an interview of the Pakistani ambassador to the US on BBC...where he stated that though the Pakistani govt. has publicly criticized the American drone attacks...there is a not-so-public understanding with the yanks for these attacks.

Do you honestly believe that without ISI Humint the yanks can target these people?The yanky agents will probably get beheaded the very day they enter FATA.

I hardly see any ramblings there. I see a very relevant question. If Pakistan had the intel & had the means to kill/capture Mehsud, why did they announce a bounty in first place? A state declares a bounty only when it runs out of most of its options & hopes to seek support from citizens or the close aides of the target by luring them.

What a ridiculous thing to say. Pakistan almost certainly had the intel, maybe even the means to kill/capture him in the long run, but the Americans just had better resources available right now. Therefore, they got the kill. In professional ice-hockey, you not only get points for scoring a goal, you also get points for assisting (or setting-up) a goal. What you said is like saying, if a player has the ability to score goals against a particular goalie, why doesn't he score one every minute? why does he pass the puck? why can someone else also score against the same goalie?

As for the topic, the best solution would be to hand over the money to the CIA, symbolically, after which they give the money back as Swat relief fund.

Back
Top Bottom