What's new

Will United States Collapse?

United States has over 200 years of history under the same constitution. It has largely remained democratic and has been a beacon for nations choosing freedom and equality versus royalty/dictatorship. On the other hand it also has faced down wars with Mexico, Canada, the Cold-war and won two world wars. If none of this could change the essential nature of the nation (even if it did affect it economically) I have difficulty believing that an problem as small as 10,000 terrorist/mercenaries in a place half way around the world is going to change anything about the place.

They have the best funded and most advanced military, the best of world research and a social system that allows every citizen to fully participate in the growth of the economy.

On top of all this is the fact that Obama seems bent on making the world less uni-polar. There is now less reason to hate US compared to GWB times.

So I think the current problems that US is facing is much smaller than what it has faced in the past and that it is much better equipped now to face them than before.

You have no clue what the U.S has gotten itself into in afghanistan.It was probably the worst decision ever made!These 80,000+ are going to die and then the U.S itself will start to collapse into itself.The U.S is carrying alot of load and one day it will to support it and come crashing down.It might sound crazy right now but you'll remeber my words a 2 decades from now when the U.S will be on the verge of economoic and social collapse and then we'll see who was right.:wave:

You have no clue what the U.S has gotten itself into in afghanistan.It was probably the worst decision ever made!These 80,000+ are going to die and then the U.S itself will start to collapse into itself.The U.S is carrying alot of load and one day it will to support it and come crashing down.It might sound crazy right now but you'll remeber my words a 2 decades from now when the U.S will be on the verge of economoic and social collapse and then we'll see who was right.:wave:

Let me see. US deployed over 4 Million troops in Vietnam over the course of war. In 1968, they had over 16,000 deaths and they had to go into conscription to keep the lines supplied.
Right now US casualties are a 100 times less and they have not even begun to hit the bottom of the barrel when it comes to supplying their troops. They fully understand that if they pull out of Afghanistan, the war will come home and it will be fought in the US homeland (9/11). So they are doing their best to fight the war on foreign soil (as any country would).
US faced down a fully nuclear armed country for over 40 years while also picking up fights (and mostly winning) in Latin America, Middle East and Asia. I can't see how a bunch of tribals are any bigger threat to US. I can see how it can be a threat to the whole region including India, but US, I think will be safe.

If you want another example, look at Chechnya. They were much better armed than Taliban and Russia was much weaker than it is now. If Russia won in Chechnya why can't US win in Afghanistan ? All that it took the Russians was brutality and force of will (and lack of world support for Chechnya). US already has force of will and world support.

I would agree to your point if you had any evidence otherwise. Otherwise even if you correct in 20 years, I have no reason to believe your prediction is anything more than a broken clock being right twice a day.

Dude, what makes you think the army will take over the govt??!!:confused::confused:
It not going to happen soon but when American people do not get the basic needs for living which they are use to. They will stand against government at that time government will be weak. Only way to save US will be when army take over and stop it from breaking. its a Theory:coffee:

US will not break but it will lose its basic principals which US feel proud of.
There will be no freedom of speech.
No democracy will be in US because Army will take over US.

:rofl:
You are delusional to the full.:agree:

Not every nation in the world behaves like Pakistan.
Coup here, democarzy there, coup again, more democarzy etc ..

:pop:

Let me see. US deployed over 4 Million troops in Vietnam over the course of war. In 1968, they had over 16,000 deaths and they had to go into conscription to keep the lines supplied.
Right now US casualties are a 100 times less and they have not even begun to hit the bottom of the barrel when it comes to supplying their troops. They fully understand that if they pull out of Afghanistan, the war will come home and it will be fought in the US homeland (9/11). So they are doing their best to fight the war on foreign soil (as any country would).
US faced down a fully nuclear armed country for over 40 years while also picking up fights (and mostly winning) in Latin America, Middle East and Asia. I can't see how a bunch of tribals are any bigger threat to US. I can see how it can be a threat to the whole region including India, but US, I think will be safe.

If you want another example, look at Chechnya. They were much better armed than Taliban and Russia was much weaker than it is now. If Russia won in Chechnya why can't US win in Afghanistan ? All that it took the Russians was brutality and force of will (and lack of world support for Chechnya). US already has force of will and world support.

I would agree to your point if you had any evidence otherwise. Otherwise even if you correct in 20 years, I have no reason to believe your prediction is anything more than a broken clock being right twice a day.

They have npot begun to hiyt the bottom of the barrel you say?
their barrel is already overflowing you don't underastand the U.S will loose in afghanistan because not because of the militants but because of events in the U.S and the middle east.
just think about it you'll understand.;)

Ok, people here are getting carried away with the US' tilt towards india and the indian eagerness to climb up the American laps.

The nuclear deal, american projection of india as a super power and the pampering being provided by US to india definitely have affected the indian minds, no doubt i see all of them trumpeting the US' hegemony.

Now coming back to the stuff, someone was comparing Vietnam with Afghanistan: well he probably have forgotten that there is an underlaying difference between the two.

Vietnamese were not threatening the US to attack them inside their homeland, but the Terrorists do.

In Vietnam the enemy was 'visible', this time it is not.

Previously the target was Communism, this time it is oil.
etc etc..

The US is already in a state of fix, the time will perhaps tell.

Some also trumpeted the 200 years old history, well the Romans, British, and Ottoman Empires had existed even longer, but collapsed eventually.

A rising Sun has to set some day!

I think you should define "collaps"
there is a plausible risk of economic collaps, why? because the two largest creditors to the US are:
1. China
2. Arabs
They could if they wanted to, bankrupt the US in no time, but they don't, because it's not in their interest to do so, since this would have a disastrous effect on the global economy as a whole, theirs included.
We have to get used to that the US today and in the future is not the same mighty US as we know it. Thank God...

I really wish that some fan boy wishing for american collapse will stop their wet dreams, United states fall is path of death for pakistan and india. on which pakistan will be driving in a ferrari while india on its own bull cart might take some time but will get there neverthe less.

I just love how some people here feel so great by - predicting the severe problem for others just to - forget their own mess for a little while. its a common problem - in our region, we like to degrade other to our level than to reach their level. (((as we all know from well known indian's and pakistani's - jingoistic scenarios )))
United states - is a great country standing on the shoulders of years of hard work and smart brains, it will not collapse like you wish to dream, they will have a few hiccups but they are strong people , just visit the country for once and you will know the diffrence. its a country which makes your dream come true, Give you every thing you ever dreamt of which you might have to pay by givign away what ever you have.
but choice is always yours.
-----collapse of united states??? well united states always shoot with hteir guns on other's shoulder - So if there is a collapse of united states - we wont be alive to see it!!!!!

Last edited:
The US wont collapse
itll probably become a lot less influential globally, in the financial sphere, which will of course really dent its hegemony

see thing are quite clear, "What goes up had to come Down" , this dosent mean a complete collapse. No one can stay on the top of the world for ever. Its similar to what SoulOnIce said, only thing that will happen in future is that influance of US will as it was in the past its going down slowly.

Every Super Power comes to an end....U.S.A. will not remain the Super Power for ever, time will come also for them maybe it will take few years maybe a decade but one thing is sure everything comes an end at last, nobody can rule the whole world! (after all a Super Power ruled by another tiny jewish state is not able to rule the whole world for ever)

The only thing which we can expect is how much damage they will do to the world for their own benefits, how many more wars they will do for upcoming years and how much good they will do for the humanity!

beside all this i want to see how they will treat the Muslim world and how much they will be influenced from jews?!

Thread moderated.

Although I personally feel it's a pointless thread, that doesn't mean it should get derailed by BS.

Another slanging match from the same members, and you'll see infractions and bannings.

You must report troll posts and baiting, but do not engage in a flame war, even when provoked.

How?

By saying the US is going to collapse, the world will laugh at you.

No doubt.
Those who feel america is to collapse, should keep one thing in mind. A Might never collapse, it may be shrinked for a while but with one buble of air it shall emerge as Might.
America shall remain superpower with two modern day superpowers China and Russia in 2020.
Pakistan shall emerge as a good business partner of US in 2015 and shall be treated by americans as a sister country.
SMIQBAL

No doubt.
Those who feel america is to collapse, should keep one thing in mind. A Might never collapse, it may be shrinked for a while but with one buble of air it shall emerge as Might.
America shall remain superpower with two modern day superpowers China and Russia in 2020.
Pakistan shall emerge as a good business partner of US in 2015 and shall be treated by americans as a sister country.
SMIQBAL

Soviet Union was a "might" and a superpower and it collapsed. Russia is not a modern day superpower.

U.S. is following the road of Soviet Union (invading Afghanistan).

BTW, I dont think Americans will treat any Muslim country as a sister country especially not Pakistan.

Last edited:
I think you should define "collaps"
there is a plausible risk of economic collaps, why? because the two largest creditors to the US are:
1. China
2. Arabs
They could if they wanted to, bankrupt the US in no time, but they don't, because it's not in their interest to do so,

If one thing people should have learnt during this crisis is that the one in trouble is the creditor. Which creditor likes its investment to go bankrupt?

Americans still have all the toilet paper, bras and toys they bought from China and the oil from Arabs. What will Arabs and Chinese be left with other than some paper?

Back
Top Bottom