What's new

Wish we could have been a Federation as originally envisioned by Jinnah

Let's just Enjoy some more music Brothers and Sisters of the Subcontinent. Again I request Indian and Pakistani Friends to post some of the oldies goldies of yesteryear. Here I found another Gem by a Pakistani singer Salim Raza. ENJOY the poetry of a Classic Pakistani URDU ghazal which is truly out of this World as always.

Singer Salim Raza

Lyrics Tanveer Naqvi

Music composed by Master Inayat Hussain

Film Azra (1962)

Jane Baharan Rashk e Azra 1957 Saleem Raza Live Salim Master Inayat Hussain Azra - YouTube

Sare jahan se acha hindustan hamara
hum bulbulen hain is ke ye gulistan hamara
gurbat mein hon agar hum rehta hai dil vatan mein
samajho waheen hamen bhi dil ho jahan hamara
parvat wo sab se uncha hamsaya aasman ka
wo santari hamara wo pasaban hamara
godi mein khelati hain is ke hazaron nadiyan
gulshan hai jin ke dam se rashk-e-janan hamara
ae aab-e-rud-e-ganga wo din hai yaad tujh ko
utara tere kinare jab karavan hamara
mazhab nahi sikhata aapas mein bair rakhna
hindi hain hum vatan hai hindustan hamara
yunan -o-mishr-o-roma sab mit gaye jahan se
ab tak magar hai baqi nam-o-nishan hamara
kuch baat hai ki hasti mitati nahi hamari
sadiyo raha hai duhman daur-e-zaman hamara
‘iqbal’ koi maharam apna nahi jahan mein
malum kya kisi ko dard-e-nihan hamara

Edit: English translation

Better than the entire world, is our Hindustan,
We are its nightingales, and it (is) our garden abode

If we are in an alien place, the heart remains in the homeland,
Know us to be only there where our heart is.

That tallest mountain, that shade-sharer of the sky,
It (is) our sentry, it (is) our watchman

In its lap frolic those thousands of rivers,
Whose vitality makes our garden the envy of Paradise.

O the flowing waters of the Ganges, do you remember that day
When our caravan first disembarked on your waterfront?

Religion does not teach us to bear ill-will among ourselves
We are of Hind, our homeland is Hindustan.

In a world in which ancient Greece, Egypt, and Rome have all vanished without trace
Our own attributes (name and sign) live on today.

Such is our existence that it cannot be erased
Even though, for centuries, the cycle of time has been our enemy.

Iqbal! We have no confidant in this world
What does any one know of our hidden pain?

If thats going to be your logic, then no discrimination exists in India as well. There are plenty of mixed interreligious couples, whether Hindu-Muslim, Sikh-Christian, Hindu-Christian, Sikh-Muslim etc.

Also, we have had several non-Hindu Presidents and Prime Ministers.

You guys seem to have no problem having a federation with Atheists (China) who openly claim there is no God :china:

Inter-religious? wth,.. shiaism and sunnism are not "seperate religions"...... my father is a sunni... y other is shia... and even i follow shia sect of islam...(though i have a lil reseveration about something)....

Nobody wants to be a part of any federation.... india? thts the least one!

Our forefathers SACRIFICED THEIR LIVES,THEIR WEALTH,THEIR FUTURE FOR US PAKISTANIS!
I was born a Pakistani and would die a Pakistani............GOD BLESS PAKISTAN!!! :pakistan:

Inter-religious? wth,.. shiaism and sunnism are not "seperate religions"...... my father is a sunni... y other is shia... and even i follow shia sect of islam...(though i have a lil reseveration about something)....

Nobody wants to be a part of any federation.... india? thts the least one!

Our forefathers SACRIFICED THEIR LIVES,THEIR WEALTH,THEIR FUTURE FOR US PAKISTANIS!
I was born a Pakistani and would die a Pakistani............GOD BLESS PAKISTAN!!! :pakistan:

No one is asking for united India. We are just pondering over what could've been.

If UK and France which had a 100 year war are now partners in many things there is hope for our countries in the future.

1000 years actually, One war after another with some gap between them.

There was one war which was 100 years though waged from 1337 to 1453 between the Kings of England and the King of France.

Hundred Years' War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You know I just got back from Lahore Kebab house just now my Pakistani friend Mohamed owns this joint, when it comes to Biryanis and Lamb dishes you guys make it good but ive not tried Hyd Biryani yet everyone tells me this is also very good.

There was one war which was 100 years though waged from 1337 to 1453 between the Kings of England and the King of France.

Hundred Years' War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You know I just got back from Lahore Kebab house just now my Pakistani friend Mohamed owns this joint, when it comes to Biryanis and Lamb dishes you guys make it good but ive not tried Hyd Biryani yet everyone tells me this is also very good.

Hyderabadi biryani rokkx. :)

One of the reasons for rejection of the plan was the fact it allowed the province to secede from the union - which opens the path to partition.
Why did traders from a far away land conquer the vast sub- continent? Because after the collapse of the Mughals and Marathas, there was no Pan- Indian authority and British played upon regional differneces.Nehru wished to avoid that future and hence his insistence on Strong centre.

As for those saying that Nehru rejected the Joint defence pact and common army in 1954 - one must remember that Mountbatten had suggested to jinnah that keeping British Indian Army united , under a common command would be good for sub continent.
But Jinnah rejected it , saying a nation needs its own army.

Hyderabadi biryani rokkx. :)

Yeah I been told by many people Hyderabad is a foodies heaven and I do like my food lol

In regards to this thread I would say take the example of the EU where former enemies are now economic partners and working together in many fields like energy, security and free movement of goods and people. That is a vision that South Asia can aspire to maybe not now but in 5-10 years time it can be possible if we want it enough.

Nehru was not the only one to blame....give he was power hungry and did not want to share his power as most of the Muslims preferred Congress over Jinnah.

Nehru was an idealist and wanted India to start his way but the power play at that time wanted his powers somewhat diluted and even Gandhi(being the ultra liberal that he was) went ahead with agreeing to Muslim demands..

IF the Ideas of Muslims and Hindus cant live together ,wasn't seeded by the then Muslim ruling politicos we wouldn't have had such divergent opinions (even if it were forced down throats) India did something Pakistan did the opposite(regarding welfare decisions). India exploited this weakness alot.

Genius If muslims prefered congress than how he hell Muslim League won 1946 elections? How the hell they get 87 percent muslims seats which was over 400 reserved muslim seats?

Yaroo koi mosiqi ka bundobast karo yar. Larnay Marnay kay lia tou puri Zindagi baqi hai.

Kia baat hai, India may aaj kaal koi Music lovers nahi rehay ?

Back
Top Bottom