What's new

‘Wonder Woman’ soars past ‘Spider-Man’ to biggest superhero origin movie ever

DavidSling

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Pulling in over $404m in US and $800m worldwide, Gal Gadot’s character becomes among the highest Hollywood moneymakers ever
BY TIMES OF ISRAEL STAFF August 23, 2017, 7:54 am
Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman. (Clay Enos/DC Comics/via JTA)

“Wonder Woman,” the now-iconic Warner Bros. superhero flick starring Israel’s own Gal Gadot, hit a domestic US earnings total of $404.1 million this week, and pushed past the $800 million mark worldwide.

That makes it the 23rd highest-grossing film of all time in the domestic US market, the seventh-highest earning comic book film in Hollywood history, and the number-one all-time earner when sequels are taken out of the running, according to a tally by the Forbes business journal.

It puts the rare woman-led superhero action film ahead of the 2002 origin film “Spider-Man,” starring Tobey Maguire, which raked in $403.7 million domestically.

“Wow! Just heard the news! Thank u to everyone who has shown their support to WW in theaters! What an amazing ride this has been! #grateful,” Gadot tweeted.

And the film is poised to hit even greater heights.

It only opens in Japan on August 25, positioning it to beat the $821 million worldwide tally “Spider-Man” pulled in.

Forbes notes it’s not far from beating other top-earning movies in the genre. Another mere $5 million in US domestic earnings — “Wonder Woman” is still showing at over 800 theaters in the US — would carry the princess of Themyscira past “The Hunger Games” and “Captain America: Civil War” (both earned $408 million), and even past the overall US domestic superhero top earner, 2013’s “Iron Man 3” ($409 million).

http://www.timesofisrael.com/wonder...r-man-to-biggest-superhero-origin-movie-ever/

Sad. It's an ok film. But standards of female led (and D.C.) films are so low that's this gets critically praised.

Really sad, it's just an OK movie. And that Gal Gadot is ugly as hell, at least they shouldn't have cast her as 'wonder' woman...... there is absolutely no 'wow' factor in her nor the boobs to support the wonderness.......... :D

Yukkkkkkkk........ they killed wonder woman........ at least for me........... :(

It's essentially Natalie Portman with bigger boobs .

I like wonder woman as a character, she is sexy and all but this movie was just another boring superhero movie. Maybe too many superhero movies are ruining my taste

I thought it was a decent film. Certainly not great by any means. But definitely above average.

Will most likely check out the sequel.

But currently my mind is filled with thoughts of anticipation for the upcoming Justice League.

And the return of the mighty Superman.

Really sad, it's just an OK movie. And that Gal Gadot is ugly as hell, at least they shouldn't have cast her as 'wonder' woman...... there is absolutely no 'wow' factor in her nor the boobs to support the wonderness.......... :D

Yukkkkkkkk........ they killed wonder woman........ at least for me........... :(

burka-avenger.jpg

Yff so happy wonder women was not made in any muslim country :sarcastic:.

Back to topic it was good, maybe because i weren't expecting much, i like it so much. And the cast was perfect;p

Sad. It's an ok film. But standards of female led (and D.C.) films are so low that's this gets critically praised.

well ,
A Israeli Zion acting as a child of God , who is living in walled island peacefully , suddenly get attack by bad guys without any warning . then this child of God begin her journey to save the world from Nazi like German antagonist who is killing people in Gas room with help of a covered woman ... in process she save the world from worst weapon of time and kill bad guys then go and kill another GOD and become the only living god of earth who is technically owning the people created by his Father and has right to rule the world ....

too much symbolism for a movie ... and for sure it has all of Hollywood owner support ...

the movie was weak and probably most of people will not feel desire to see it 2nd time ...

I thought it was a decent film. Certainly not great by any means. But definitely above average.

Will most likely check out the sequel.

But currently my mind is filled with thoughts of anticipation for the upcoming Justice League.

And the return of the mighty Superman.

96d995207312821a_irons.JPG

i would happily got to jail for a month then to watch a neo super hero movies. especially where a woman kicking buts.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom