What's new

World Cup 2022 qualifiers: Vietnam beat China 3-1

Yup, I am particularly also see that strange, despite Pakistani are many in Britain, but non white British national players or any one playing in their first football league are all black guy. Never seen Pakistani played in Manchester United or other teams
Pakistanis don't like soccer and those who do are not considered good enough by English coaches
coaches think they get injured easily because they are not physically fit enough nor are agile to run up and down the ground
their body break down mid season
but many world class brit-pak mma, boxers tho

Last edited:
Vietnam beat China 3-1 at My Dinh Stadium in Hanoi on February 1, the team's first victory in the final round of the 2022 FIFA World Cup qualifiers.

VNA Tuesday, February 01, 2022 21:20

World Cup 2022 qualifiers: Vietnam beat China 3-1 hinh anh 1

A goal for Vietnam. (Photo: VNA)
Hanoi (VNA) – Vietnam beat China 3-1 at My Dinh Stadium in Hanoi on February 1, the team's first victory in the final round of the 2022 FIFA World Cup qualifiers.

World Cup 2022 qualifiers: Vietnam beat China 3-1 hinh anh 2The Vietnamese team at the beginning of the match (Photo: VNA)
Vietnam won better footing in the game very early as Tan Tai opened the first score for Vietnam in the 9th minute and Nguyen Tien Linh doubled it in the 16th.

The first half ended with Vietnam leading 2-0.
World Cup 2022 qualifiers: Vietnam beat China 3-1 hinh anh 3Vietnamese fans at My Dinh Stadium (Photo: VNA)
Beginning the second half, China hardly had any chance before Vietnamese goalkeeper Nguyen Manh.

World Cup 2022 qualifiers: Vietnam beat China 3-1 hinh anh 4
Nguyen Tien Linh (No.22) vies for the ball (Photo: VNA)

Phan Van Duc replaced Nguyen Tien Linh in the Vietnamese side in the 70th minute, and just six minutes later, Duc beat Chinese goalkeeper Yan Junling to score the third goal for Vietnam.

Vietnam slowed the game down as China got increasingly excited in thirst of goals.
World Cup 2022 qualifiers: Vietnam beat China 3-1 hinh anh 5
Phan Van Duc and other Vietnamese players celebrate the third score of Vietnam (Photo: VNA)
Keeper Manh was in pain and he was replaced by Bui Tan Truong.

In the last minute of the game, China managed to put the ball in Vietnam's net, their only goal in the match./.

CN football team don't have any smart tactic, they just tried to attack VN with "human wave" tactic (tried to use bigger, taller Brazil strikers to brake VN's defense line) but it didn't work. VN quickly scored 2 goals in just 20 mins and the third goal in the second half .::partay:
Well played by Vietnam to defeat China PR. I saw the highlights and Vietnam is really looking like an improved side and currently is the best side in SEA I believe. Thailand too has shown tremendous progress and if I'm not wrong, Thailand and Vietnam are rivals in SEA. I would love to see Vietnam and India play. India can be a good opponent because India has beaten Thailand both times in the previous two games.

Meanwhile, last time India played with China PR, we managed to draw.

Vietnam team is a strong team, this shows South East Asian football quality, even European countries will not be easy to beat Vietnam team. Other strong team in SEA is Thailand, the quality in entire SEA is already good and quite balance, Indonesia for instant is the second best in latest South East Asian FIFA competition ( around December 2021) where Thailand is the winner.
Wow, Indonesia managed to reach the finals? That's amazing considering Indonesia's current ranking. You should work on your ranking to get better draws in Asian competitions.

We should send these football players to North Korea to dig coal, and help them apply for North Korea nationality so that they will never appear in our sight.

They dare to lose even the Vietnamese, which is a new lower limit of China's sports humiliation record.
We too hit a big low when we drew against Bangladesh and Sri Lanka recently even though we managed to win the SAAF Cup (which we win every time). These things happen, apart from Sunil Chhetri currently we don't have good forwards.

Yup, actually when I watch World Cup, I always watch the match between Asian countries vs European/American/African countries. This happen when I grow older and also same like basketball, in my teenager I love watching NBA, but now I only fans of my country basketball competition IBL and also love to see my national team match, whether men or women, 5x5 or 3x3.

If ASEAN teams like Vietnam or Thailand enter World Cup, definetely I will watch the game in favors of ASEAN teams.
Yes, European teams are quite arrogant and disrespectful to ASEAN's teams, I remembered when VN have a friendly match with Manchester city, they didn't even wanna say "Hello" to the fans. They made VN fans feel sick and VN national Television even terminated the deal with Premier league after that.

----------------
An outraged Vietnamese football fan burned 10 match tickets to watch Manchester City play his national team after being ignored by members of the City team.

The fan burned the tickets in protest against the perceived frosty reception he and other fans were shown as they waited to meet the players in their hotel.

Well, small players can be very agile LOL. I have played in football games when I have to deal with very agile and skill full small playmaker (libero), just difficult to stop him handling the ball. Actually I am good at sport and can play both football and basketball well, but for football is just for amateur match while for basketball I have been in a tournament although not as main players on my team.

Small players are still needed, but majority football players should be at least 175 cm and the defender should be between 180-190 cm.

Particularly keeper, Indonesian national team keeper is 187 cm, it is perfect

View attachment 814458
True, strikers can be short like Messi as long as they still can run fast, very agile and good at choosing the right place to shoot but the defender, specially center defenders must be from 180 to 190 cm and they must be very smart to stop small and agile strikers, too, but only few of them can do that

Thats why VN mostly team use 3 center defenders plus 2 wing defenders (5-3-2) in every matches instead of 4-4-2 like many other ones, so when the opponent's striker passes 2 defenders, they still have to face with the last one

Wow, Indonesia managed to reach the finals? That's amazing considering Indonesia's current ranking. You should work on your ranking to get better draws in Asian competitions.

Yup, latest ASEAN football tournament, Indonesia is number 2 after Thailand, and this is also after Singapore bans 4 Indonesian main players due to indiscipline toward Covid 19 measures.

The match was in Singapore, it was 1 month ago, it is delayed one year from 2020

Yes, European teams are quite arrogant and disrespectful to ASEAN's teams, I remembered when VN have a friendly match with Manchester city, they didn't even wanna say "Hello" to the fans. They made VN fans feel sick and VN national Television even terminated the deal with Premier league after that.

----------------
An outraged Vietnamese football fan burned 10 match tickets to watch Manchester City play his national team after being ignored by members of the City team.

The fan burned the tickets in protest against the perceived frosty reception he and other fans were shown as they waited to meet the players in their hotel.
Putting wrong people on a pedestal due to the excellent marketing of the English premier league.
I have seen this phenomenon all over south east asia and indian football hubs like goa and the eastern states.
One should admire individual footballers for their skill but it's a fad to be a fan of English clubs. The English have their loyalties to their clubs because they belong to liverpool , etc., but the over the top fanatic following these clubs have in foreign countries is cringeworthy.

This is the defense forum, we shouldn't discuss too much football.
Please let this theme sink, don't reply to it again.

This is the defense forum, we shouldn't discuss too much football.
Please let this theme sink, don't reply to it again.
Yep, but actually football is a good way to train soldiers to learn abt courage, discipline, quick reaction and being humble.

------------

VN General Vo Nguyen Giap (who lead VN to victory against France and US) and outstanding football players The Cong in 1976​

“Since its establishment in 1954, The Cong union has still received the constant attention of General Vo Nguyen Giap. As for football, the General expressed his love quite strongly," - former Head of the Cong Group - Mr. Nguyen Sy Hien - said.

"It's the true soldiers of General Giap"

Mr. Nguyen Sy Hien said that all generations of The Cong still refer to The Cong's heroic match against the Cuban team on the occasion of September 9, 1970. General Vo Nguyen Giap sat on the stands of Hang Day Stadium to watch the match. This is also the debut match of one of the best strikers in the history of Vietnamese football, Ba "dan" - Nguyen The Anh.

The Cuban team with a tall physique quickly took a 2-0 lead, and the heavy rain made everyone not believe in a favorable result for Cong Cong. Then, The Cong players know how to take advantage of what seems like a disadvantage to become an advantage. For example, Ba's technical ball path makes the tall Cuban players only stand... look.
Defender Phan Van My removed a goal from the 11-meter mark, Ba "threw" people to equalize 2-2 so that in the last minutes, The Cong had a goal to set 3-2. The whole field broke down, after the game the players stood looking at each other without speaking, tears mixed with rain.

"We were ordered to take a shower and then focus on meeting General Vo Nguyen Giap," said Mr. Hien. That evening, the General visited the team, people took to the streets to celebrate, causing the General's car to be stuck. When meeting the players, the General said: "The people told me: ''Our army is so heroic. That's right, they are the true soldiers of General Giap''.

We know the General was very happy to see such a strong match. Finding ways to turn our weaknesses into advantages, finding unexpected factors to knock down stronger opponents - that's part of the General's military philosophy and we also partly do that in march (against Cuban team). fight.

“In 1994, Cong Cong celebrated its 40th anniversary.” - Mr. Hien said - "General Vo Nguyen Giap and other army generals at that time such as Van Tien Dung and Le Kha Phieu attended". When invited to speak, the General only said very briefly: "After 40 years, the Congregation has brightened up military football, radiant for national football. I urge you comrades to continue striving. Victory is not arrogant, defeat is not discouraged, and most of all, be very humble."

The two words "humble" emanating from the General seem to be very light, but contain a part of the personality of the legendary Vo Nguyen Giap. In 2008, Mr. Nguyen Sy Hien participated in composing the book "Army Sports - The Ways", General Vo Nguyen Giap was quite ill at that time, but he also agreed to write the introduction to the book.

Last edited:
Yup, latest ASEAN football tournament, Indonesia is number 2 after Thailand, and this is also after Singapore bans 4 Indonesian main players due to indiscipline toward Covid 19 measures.

The match was in Singapore, it was 1 month ago, it is delayed one year from 2020

Well played by Indonesia, based on the comments under the YT video, it seems like Indonesia has a bright future ahead. Would love to see India play more with ASEAN countries.

This month India will be playing friendlies against Bahrain and Belarus, two strong teams with 1 being from Europe. So it's going to be a nice exposure for us.

But the question is why CN is very good at another sport games, winning many gold medals, but too bad at football ?? Why CN can not find 11 good men for football and let the White, JPese laugh at CN when losing too many matches ??
Have you been promoted to think tank in turkey defense forum yet bro LMAO.

I don't think china was favorite in this match But still they played well and put good fight.

Yep, but actually football is a good way to train soldiers to learn abt courage, discipline, quick reaction and being humble.

------------

VN General Vo Nguyen Giap (who lead VN to victory against France and US) and outstanding football players The Cong in 1976​

“Since its establishment in 1954, The Cong union has still received the constant attention of General Vo Nguyen Giap. As for football, the General expressed his love quite strongly," - former Head of the Cong Group - Mr. Nguyen Sy Hien - said.

"It's the true soldiers of General Giap"

Mr. Nguyen Sy Hien said that all generations of The Cong still refer to The Cong's heroic match against the Cuban team on the occasion of September 9, 1970. General Vo Nguyen Giap sat on the stands of Hang Day Stadium to watch the match. This is also the debut match of one of the best strikers in the history of Vietnamese football, Ba "dan" - Nguyen The Anh.

The Cuban team with a tall physique quickly took a 2-0 lead, and the heavy rain made everyone not believe in a favorable result for Cong Cong. Then, The Cong players know how to take advantage of what seems like a disadvantage to become an advantage. For example, Ba's technical ball path makes the tall Cuban players only stand... look.
Defender Phan Van My removed a goal from the 11-meter mark, Ba "threw" people to equalize 2-2 so that in the last minutes, The Cong had a goal to set 3-2. The whole field broke down, after the game the players stood looking at each other without speaking, tears mixed with rain.

"We were ordered to take a shower and then focus on meeting General Vo Nguyen Giap," said Mr. Hien. That evening, the General visited the team, people took to the streets to celebrate, causing the General's car to be stuck. When meeting the players, the General said: "The people told me: ''Our army is so heroic. That's right, they are the true soldiers of General Giap''.

We know the General was very happy to see such a strong match. Finding ways to turn our weaknesses into advantages, finding unexpected factors to knock down stronger opponents - that's part of the General's military philosophy and we also partly do that in march (against Cuban team). fight.

“In 1994, Cong Cong celebrated its 40th anniversary.” - Mr. Hien said - "General Vo Nguyen Giap and other army generals at that time such as Van Tien Dung and Le Kha Phieu attended". When invited to speak, the General only said very briefly: "After 40 years, the Congregation has brightened up military football, radiant for national football. I urge you comrades to continue striving. Victory is not arrogant, defeat is not discouraged, and most of all, be very humble."

The two words "humble" emanating from the General seem to be very light, but contain a part of the personality of the legendary Vo Nguyen Giap. In 2008, Mr. Nguyen Sy Hien participated in composing the book "Army Sports - The Ways", General Vo Nguyen Giap was quite ill at that time, but he also agreed to write the introduction to the book.

Really. :sarcastic: :sarcastic: :sarcastic:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom