What's new

World leaders back one-China policy

None. To 'undo' what Nixon did would require the same US-China political and economic environment as that time, and we know that is not how it is today.

That does not mean China cannot protest diplomatically, but the reality, as have been pointed out, Taiwan is de facto an independent entity regardless of how much China can protest otherwise.

What can China do if the US, under Trump, decides to recognize Taiwan -- de jure -- and grant the country all commensurate political and diplomatic rights ?

A complete severance of political and economic ties is not feasible, and we all know that, no matter how much rhetoric the PDF Chinese can spew.

A military response towards Taiwan is also not desirable in the long run if China want to have a military. China does not have a viable amphibious assault force and any attempt to create such a force -- haphazardly -- will end up with that force decimated in that span of water between the two sides.

China may be rising -- economically and politically -- in the world, but the US is still the power -- economically and politically -- to reckon with. If the US, under Trump, decides to put Taiwan on the same political status as China, have no doubts that many other countries, especially the ones that have some relationships with Taiwan, will follow the US. Their reasoning will be the same: 'Why not ?'

Lol, not happening.

Firstly, China will withdraw its ambassador and cut relationship with USA.

Then any attempt to recognize Taiwan, would lead to immediate military response from missiles, and what not!

Then, China can launch ground offensives against the USA at many fronts, be it in Korea, Afghanistan, and what not!

I'm sure the USA doesn't want to be bogged down in another Korean war, but this time with a far more trained Chinese ground force.

While Chinese navy may still not be any where close to US, China could wreak havoc on US ground forces.

Here goes some Las Vegas poker card play..

Good to see a damn leader stand up to China for once!

China has been bullying nations and forcing other nations from using water which is 100 times closer to them then China!

He's soon gonna be the president of the United States. You are seriously delusioned if you think that what he says is a joke anymore. It may have been earlier, but no more.
The US president doesn't get to declare war. The congress do, so he is right that what he said can be taking with a grain of salt. And everyone know changing "one-china policy" will lead to the conclusion of war. I can assure you with that from the China side.

None. To 'undo' what Nixon did would require the same US-China political and economic environment as that time, and we know that is not how it is today.

That does not mean China cannot protest diplomatically, but the reality, as have been pointed out, Taiwan is de facto an independent entity regardless of how much China can protest otherwise.

What can China do if the US, under Trump, decides to recognize Taiwan -- de jure -- and grant the country all commensurate political and diplomatic rights ?

A complete severance of political and economic ties is not feasible, and we all know that, no matter how much rhetoric the PDF Chinese can spew.

A military response towards Taiwan is also not desirable in the long run if China want to have a military. China does not have a viable amphibious assault force and any attempt to create such a force -- haphazardly -- will end up with that force decimated in that span of water between the two sides.

China may be rising -- economically and politically -- in the world, but the US is still the power -- economically and politically -- to reckon with. If the US, under Trump, decides to put Taiwan on the same political status as China, have no doubts that many other countries, especially the ones that have some relationships with Taiwan, will follow the US. Their reasoning will be the same: 'Why not ?'
You are a joke, uncle gambit. LOL

Duh, of course war not desirable. War is only desirable for the US but that only if you are fighting some desert ragtag dolls. LOL Like I teach people many times, the world doesn't operate the way you want it. You don't just grant and decide the territorial integrity of another state without consequences. You can talks all you want but I know for sure American public WILL NOT fight a nuclear war for Taiwan.

The US president doesn't get to declare war. The congress do, so he is right that what he said can be taking with a grain of salt. And everyone know changing "one-china policy" will lead to the conclusion of war. I can assure you with that from the China side.
A declaration of war is a formal statement that the country is at war. However, in foreign affairs, the US President have almost no Constitutional limits on what the office can do, and that includes using the military.

So if the US, under Trump, decides to formally recognize Taiwan as an independent country, what can China do ?

Attack US ? THAT would make the formal declaration of war by the Congress another formality, one that would be swiftly done.

Attack Taiwan ? By the time Taiwan is defeated, China will have no credible military to defend her interests in Asia. Nuclear weapons on Taiwan ? That will formally make China a global pariah on the same status as that of the Nazis. You better believe it that countries will be withdrawing from doing business with China.

Formally recognizing Taiwan will produce very little gain for US and no losses for China. On the other hand, war will produce many gains for US and Asia but huge losses for China.

LOL Like I teach people many times, the world doesn't operate the way you want it. You don't just grant and decide the territorial integrity of another state without consequences. You can talks all you want but I know for sure American public WILL NOT fight a nuclear war for Taiwan.
Really ? You 'teach' people ? From what foundation ? If you believe that the world does not operate the way you want it, you should take your own advice.

A declaration of war is a formal statement that the country is at war. However, in foreign affairs, the US President have almost no Constitutional limits on what the office can do, and that includes using the military.

So if the US, under Trump, decides to formally recognize Taiwan as an independent country, what can China do ?

Attack US ? THAT would make the formal declaration of war by the Congress another formality, one that would be swiftly done.

Attack Taiwan ? By the time Taiwan is defeated, China will have no credible military to defend her interests in Asia. Nuclear weapons on Taiwan ? That will formally make China a global pariah on the same status as that of the Nazis. You better believe it that countries will be withdrawing from doing business with China.

Formally recognizing Taiwan will produce very little gain for US and no losses for China. On the other hand, war will produce many gains for US and Asia but huge losses for China.
Like I said, all wars decision will be decided by Congress. Without congress grant, the US president does not have the rights to enter the war as a commander in chief.

So let me tell you what is going to happen and this is all hypothetical which i doubt Trump will do. What happens is really NOTHING. US-China will have worsen relation. Taiwan will remain de facto. They will continue to not have a voice in the UN. Until they declare de jure independence, we do nothing because for us, we never care about their de facto status and we are not interesting in destroying their life. After all, those people are an extension of huaxia civilization. The Taiwan knew it. The US knew it. That's why the US will continue to pressure Taiwan from declaring independence because that will sure going to war with China and not something the US wants nor we do. The potential for nuclear war is extremely high and I truthfully believe there would be no easy winner without both sides going nuke in the end. So talking of nuke, things get tricky in the world aftermath.

Also I strongly advice you from assuming Asia will follow you. You don't develop Asia anymore. China do. China development is more important than following the US military leadership.

Really ? You 'teach' people ? From what foundation ? If you believe that the world does not operate the way you want it, you should take your own advice.

Not really. You have a delusional view of black and white in the world and that is something I'm trying to teach and show you that it's not that simple. But by pretending who have the bigger gut to enter war in a de jure independence, it's safe to say China do, going by history and more interest in Taiwan than US do. Judging by history of the modern China, we technically enter 2 wars, Korea and Vietnam. Both of which are close to our border but are not closer to Taiwan to us. So you can expect our leadership already convey that message to Washington that we will enter war for Taiwan is much higher than our promise for Vietnam and Korea. You count bet on it. LOL

Offensive profile picture
When trump still candidate, many pdf chinese member so fun of trump, why all the sudden all of them become bitter lol.. ......now i kinda like trump from time to time hahaha

When trump still candidate, many pdf chinese member so fun of trump, why all the sudden all of them become bitter lol.. ......now i kinda like trump from time to time hahaha
trump needs to survive the domestic situation first... guy didn't even got to office yet and he's getting attacked by Democrats and republicans everyday. they are going to fight him every step of the way and make his life difficult.

Trump intends to use Taiwan as a bargaining chip to get concessions from China, where previous American administration knew not to go there. Recognizing the "One China" policy was a corner stone of China-US relations. It's a dangerous game, but it also shows that US is slowing losing leverage when they must tap into their last wild card.

Trump intends to use Taiwan as a bargaining chip to get concessions from China, where previous American administration knew not to go there. Recognizing the "One China" policy was a corner stone of China-US relations. It's a dangerous game, but it also shows that US is slowing losing leverage when they must tap into their last wild card.

If Trump fool around with the one China policy. He will get phone calls from so many US CEOs that his phone will ring off the hook. Finally, Putin will call him to take all back. Why? he is smart enough to know that you don't cross certain lines. Trump still need to learn that lesson. It's obvious that it's a lose-lose proposition with any tinkering of one China policy.

Trump is fun, he's a comedian/president, what's not to like about trump? As for you indonesians, you guys should be worried because trump is sadly an islamophobe.

Back
Top Bottom