What's new

WorldViews New Delhi is a ‘gas chamber’: Schools close and people stay home as pollution chokes Indi

onebyone

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...pollution-levels-soar/?utm_term=.b6d13175f26d

By Vidhi Doshi November 7 at 11:40 AM
Play Video 0:35

New Delhi highway cloaked in smog as pollution emergency declared
The Indian Medical Association declared a public health emergency on Nov. 7, warning people not to go outside. (Shubham Jaiswal/Instagram)

Pollution levels in New Delhi reached over 10 times the safe limit Tuesday morning, as thick gray clouds of smoke descended over the city.

Arvind Jha

✔@jalajboy

Will our governments wake up?#Pollution #CyberCity

12:35 PM - Nov 7, 2017
Twitter Ads info and privacy

The Indian Medical Association declared a public health emergency, warning people not to go out.

Doctors reported an increase in coughing patients suffering from breathing difficulties.

Elementary schools will be closed Wednesday, the government announced. Many schools suspended outdoor activities and urged parents to give their children gas masks.

Dangerous PM 2.5 particles, which are small enough to enter peoples' bloodstreams, peaked at 742 microgramsper cubic meter. The World Health Organization's safe limit for the particles is 60.

View image on Twitter
DOAmV-qW4AEipJi.jpg

https://twitter.com/GargiRawat/status/927783696224129024
Gargi Rawat

✔@GargiRawat

PM 2.5 levels in office right now. Permissible is 60. And we have many air purifiers around #pollution #crisis #delhi
1f637.png
1f637.png
1f635.png

1:24 PM - Nov 7, 2017

In some parts of the city, air quality readings reached a peak of 999, the worst that instruments can measure.

The chief minister of Delhi called the city a “gas chamber.”

View image on Twitter
DOAPWmSUIAAH0AM.jpg:small

https://twitter.com/MasalaBai/status/927758426075152385
Rituparna Chatterjee

✔@MasalaBai

Noida, right now. #pollution

11:43 AM - Nov 7, 2017

The dip in air quality happens regularly around this time of year. In previous years, it was linked to fireworks burned during the festival of Diwali, and crop burning in surrounding states. This year, an expert said, the cause was “local dust” meaning pollution from inside the city.

What I don't understand is India has hardly any manufacturing industry yet Mumbai, Delhi etc are some of the most polluted cities in the world, whats doing on? Add to that the general filth in the country you have to wonder.

What I don't understand is India has hardly any manufacturing industry yet Mumbai, Delhi etc are some of the most polluted cities in the world, whats doing on? Add to that the general filth in the country you have to wonder.
Their coal power plants are mostly subcritical, I think they only have one or two supercritical plants let alone ultra supercritical. Now all new Chinese plants are USC plants. Their car emissions standards are also lower than China and alot of their poor still burn firewood while most Chinese cities are already using gas.

human waste gases

Time to sell canned high country air to Delhites!:enjoy:

28i2o05.png

India is a disgrace, it don't care about the people, very sad, and you have Indians on here cracking jokes like the above post.

India is a disgrace, it don't care about the people, very sad, and you have Indians on here cracking jokes like the above post.

Give it a break we know you’re an Indian expat. Your sentence structure and obsessive use of commas gives it away.

I don't understand why India don't build or import Ultra supercritical plants. and still import second hands coal fired power plants from China.
Pakistan have Bosnia and Herzegovina Tuzla 450MW Ultra-supercritical Coal-fired Power Plant that built by China.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom