What's new

Would America Back India in a War?

Wouldn't surprise me if the U.S. govt. would. Probably provide weapons and intelligence and logistic support and so on.
I think India will handle China pretty well on its own. All it will need from USA is diplomatic support and may be crucial Intelligence support. Though this whole war think is more of a hypothetical scenario then anything else to begin with.

Against Pakistan, yes US will back India.

Against China, that would be a NO. India is small fish when it comes to the trade relations China and US have.

I think India will handle China pretty well on its own. All it will need from USA is diplomatic support and may be crucial Intelligence support. Though this whole war think is more of a hypothetical scenario then anything else to begin with.

Well it depends on how long the war last. Pretty much need material support to replace losses or spent munitions. Especially against a country of more than a billion people.

Not sure what the author implies by ' backing" ?

When was the last time a nation put itself in harms way for another ?

We live alone and must plan so. Support will be restricted to UN and other international talk groups at best.

Selective ? How so ? The guy asked abt US military aid to india not Pak (and I did provide the table)..

This is that table:

image-jpg.217170

The firs part actually refers to this: (clearly military aid to Pakistan, not India)

Obama proposes over $1 billion civil, military aid to Pakistan
PTI | Feb 3, 2015, 06.58PM IST
Barack Obama has proposed over $1 billion in civilian and military aid to "strategically important" Pakistan for fighting terror, economic development, safety of nuclear installations ...
Obama proposes over $1 billion civil, military aid to Pakistan - The Times of India

Back
Top Bottom