What's new

Featured Would having Rafale on Feb 27, 2019 made any difference?

Range is a very myopic way of looking at a missiles capability in my opinion. It is a much abused metric. Energy efficiency, sensors, maneuverability, EW capabilities, point of launch, etc. for a missile matter a lot

Your probably the only Indian that understands this and we’ve tried and failed many times to explain to these other kids.

A very sophisticated aircraft, the SPECTRA array alone is 30% of the cost of the aircraft, it can land and take off from an aircraft carrier as well.

But the problem is that Indians will probably ruin it with a lack of understanding of strategy, and tactics, this fighter needs to be in the right hands to be effective.

This plane can be used in any role, you can even use it as a standoff fighter, a dogfighter, a ground attack fighter, a deep penetration bomber or even launching a nuclear strike.

The radar suite onboard alone makes it a fantastic plane, you probably only need one aircraft in capable hands to do a lot of damage to the enemy.

But we are talking about Indian pilots here, who aren't capable of flying this beast. And Indian strategists who are monkeys and will give you peanuts.

Even with these aircraft, India has no chance, sorry to break it to all the Bollywood and Indian news channels.

I am seeing all this hype around Rafale on our national and regional TV news channels today...I am not an expert in military affairs.
I would like to know from experts here(pak or indian) that would Rafales have made a difference on feb 27 last year when pak jets entered india?would pak have dared to enter indian air space had we had rafales back then?
Would Rafales have succeeded in downing pakistani jets?Are we over exaggerating the importance of Rafales?are the jets which pak has now are good enough to fight rafales?
Please keep your answers confined to technicalities only..no trolling or india bashing plz

I highly doubt it. Two important things in my opinion.

1. If Rafales were Inducted earlier and were available on 27th Feb, PAF must have countermeasures in place.

2. The other aspect is that when the nation's sovereignty is challenged and especially by the country you have fought a couple of wars with, then a response becomes a compulsion and irrespective of if the other side has X or Y planes.

PAF and IAF have a totally different approach to fight a war, IAF may be in possession of superior planes and weapons package on the individual level. but watching wholistically IAF is a far from a true amalgamation of right planes and weaponry.
On the other hand, PAF may have few and less superior planes, but their combination is very well planned and thought out. Each and every plane has its well-defined role to perform,
On feb27th PAF used its resources effectively while IAF miserably failed to confront the PAF offense.
Now, Rafale may appear to be a very potent aircraft to the common man, but to PAF, it still unable to make any challenge worth fearing.
why a potent plane like rafale fails to create a fearful impress on its opponent? PAF does not believe in one to one fight. It fights with all its assets on its disposal and these make PAF, a deadly combination even Rafale can not confront. Pakistan can hit rafale even with its legacy fighter by utilizing its force multiplier assets. so what is need to worry? when you already know the answer to the question.
A better strategy, superior training, effective utilization of resources, the smart quest for a solution helps you to overcome a mammoth arrogant enemy.
Sleepy yaaarnn

i work in usa in large aviation industry involve with airlines and manufacturing i found most stupid and lazy workers are Indian origin

Exactly why we are ruling the roost in most of the top companies in US...

I second that and I would also like to highlight that it takes at least half a decade for the entire air force to incorporate a system's capabilities to effective air warfare. That's the minimum any experienced personnel would tell you that the actual time is more like one and a half decade where you have pilots, air defenders, engineers and logisticians who have started their service from pilot officers up to wing commanders on the system to be effective. Just to add your to your pov, brother from another perspective.
What India simply can't get it that all modern 4th and specially 4.5th generation fighter jets more or less are at par with each other with not much difference in capabilities. Yes BVR and its range does make a difference but those are also most similar in range. When it comes to 4.5th Generation fighters the man behind the machine and his training is what will make the real difference.

Secondly and I would say more importantly modern Air to Air battle is not all about one fighter jet going against another fighter jet it's in fact way bigger and more complicated than that. It includes your AWACs capability, your Electronic Warfare capability and your capability of jamming your enemies communications and preventing your own communication lines from getting jammed.

In short there is huge difference between modern Aerial Warfare and two wrestlers going against each other.

@jaibi

It would not have mattered, because we never expected a response. IAF would have never thought that they will have to use Rafale. It was element of surprise which mattered. Even Su-30 is formidable fighter.

correction our f16 was really firing from inside Iranian border to be on the safe side as you people dodge missiles .

Unfortunately your helicopter Pilots. lack this skill was shot down
Well you are contradicting your air force... But no issues the whole episode was full of contradictions from PAF

by then PAF would have Block 3 JF17s with PL15s. Its actually possible that PL15 is already with the PAF, and that some JF17s already have AESA radars.
How can we use pl-15 from jf-17 block 3 pl-15 range 200 to 300 km and jf-17 block 3 radar has range of 170 without AWACS jf-17 can't track the enemy:sniper: after 170 km.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom