What's new

WTA issues ultimatum to China over disappearance of Peng Shuai

DavidsSling

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Israel
The Women's Tennis Association (WTA) has threatened to pull all tournaments from China if missing star Peng Shuai is not found.

Peng has been unable to be contacted since taking to social media on November 2 to accuse a former Communist Party official of sexual assault against her.

On Thursday morning there was a troubling update when a statement was released from China, allegedly written by Peng and claiming she was merely "resting at home".

Soon after that rather bizarre message was released, WTA chairman Steve Simon issued his own statement questioning it.

"The WTA and the rest of the world need independent and verifiable proof that she is safe. I have repeatedly tried to reach her via numerous forms of communication, to no avail," Simon said in a statement.

1637269898165.png

Peng Shuai of China. (Getty)

"I have a hard time believing that Peng Shuai actually wrote the email we received."

Now, Simon has issued an ultimatum to China in a desperate bid to ensure the safety of the two-time Grand Slam doubles champion.

He says the WTA will pull all tournaments from the country - of which there are 10 events scheduled next year - if Peng is not found.

"If at the end of the day we don't see the appropriate results from this, we would be prepared to take that step and not operate our business in China, if that's what it came to," Simon said.

Multiple tennis superstars have publicly aired their concerns over Peng's disappearance.

Guess she will now "magically" reappear, unless she's dead.

I cant believe in 21st century China is doing this

they are said to be developed yet live in 1950s

this is Communism for you

say anything against the party leaders you die

China is terrified from a female tennis player, painters and artists? and they want to take on Royal Navy:rofl:

just shows how insecure China is

I am supporting my University to boycott Winter Olympics

some of the Chinese at my University have also removed their flags from their windows

Where is Peng Shuai?: Boycott threat as world unites to find missing star

Serena Williams on Thursday joined the chorus of concern for Chinese tennis star Peng Shuai, whose whereabouts have been shrouded in mystery since she alleged a powerful Chinese politician sexually assaulted her.

“I am devastated and shocked to hear about the news of my peer, Peng Shuai,” former world number one Williams wrote on Twitter.

“I hope she is safe and found as soon as possible. This must be investigated and we must not stay silent.” Williams’ tweet was accompanied by a photo of a smiling Peng captioned with #WhereIsPengShuai.

lol another of these retarded U.S. and pet regime propaganda mouthpiece "disappearance" and "concern" stories that nobody, besides the paid American shills who keep spamming this garbage in first place, will even remember a month later? 🙄
You'd imagine this U.S. propaganda garbage would make the U.S. terror regime and their loyal tools look dumber than they intend to make China look bad with, but that seems to put too much faith into their domestic audience to recognize the bullshit they keep being fed over and over again.

I cant believe in 21st century China is doing this

they are said to be developed yet live in 1950s

this is Communism for you

say anything against the party leaders you die

China is terrified from a female tennis player, painters and artists? and they want to take on Royal Navy:rofl:

just shows how insecure China is

I am supporting my University to boycott Winter Olympics

some of the Chinese at my University have also removed their flags from their windows
i dont believe US is allowed to drop bombs on civilians in 21th century!

this is capitalism for you!

lol another of these retarded U.S. and pet regime propaganda mouthpiece "disappearance" and "concern" stories that nobody, besides the paid American shills who keep spamming this garbage in first place, will even remember a month later? 🙄
You'd imagine this U.S. propaganda garbage would make the U.S. terror regime and their loyal tools look dumber than they intend to make China look bad with, but that seems to put too much faith into their domestic audience to recognize the bullshit they keep being fed over and over again.

then where is she ?

calling it Western propaganda doesnt make her appear

Where is she?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom