What's new

Xbox Project Scarlett: Absolutely Everything you NEED to know about the next Xbox – Release Date, Sp

Hamartia Antidote

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States
https://realsport101.com/tech/xbox-...-infinite-anaconda-lockhart-leaks-news-specs/

Xbox Project Scarlett: Absolutely Everything you NEED to know about the next Xbox – Release Date, Specs, Designs, Games, Price & more

Xbox Project Scarlett is the codename for Microsoft’s upcoming console, but we have no idea why it needs this name when it’s development is one of the industry’s worst kept secrets.

As Microsoft teases Project Scarlett, we’re starting to make sense of the next-gen console, separating the facts from fiction.

The main focus of the console will be faster loading times, unrivalled graphics and user convenience, amongst a host of other important changes.

Release date
Gamers can expect to see the Xbox Project Scarlett console launch sometime between October and December 2020, in the ‘holiday’ window of 2020.

Xbox-Briefing-Photo-Phil-Spencer-Project-Scarlett-1160x770-500x332.jpg

News of Xbox Project Scarlett was revealed at E3 2019
It shares the exact same rumoured launch date window as that of Sony’s PlayStation 5.

Specs
Microsoft confirmed that the next-generation console will be four times more powerful than the Xbox One X, and provides four times better performance than the current generation in terms of load times.

ps4pro-xbox-console-1-500x284.jpg

Concept designs for the Xbox Two have been leaked in recent months
As for the actual Xbox Project Scarlett specs, we have been promised 120 FPS, 8K, and ray tracing supported by dedicated hardware.

In fact, one Microsoft employee promised “frame rates we’ve never seen before,” though that’s surely not accounting for modern PC hardware.

As for 8K and 120 FPS, they make great headlines, but the reality is that you’d have to be running an extremely basic game on the most powerful of PC hardware to approach anything like those numbers, let alone simultaneously.

Games
Halo Infinite has been confirmed as an Xbox Project Scarlett launch title, and by Christmas 2020 it will have been five years since a new mainline Halo game released.

image-asset-920x518-500x282.jpeg

Microsoft will have the Xbox community eating out the palm of their of proverbial hand
Halo is widely regarded as the Xbox’s first must-play game, so Microsoft’s move to launch a next-gen with a Halo game is both symbolic and business-savvy.

However, if Halo is not your thing you won’t be caught out – Xbox Project Scarlett will be capable of three generations of backwards compatibility.

As well as Scarlett-era games, you’ll be able to play games from the Xbox One, the Xbox 360, and the very first generation of the Xbox.

Price
Though we don’t have any official details on what the Project Scarlett price will be, it’s going to be quite the contentious subject now that the PS5 price has been officially addressed by Sony’s Hiroki Totoki.

collage-2-1175073-1280x0-500x280.jpeg

Which way will you go next year?
The original announcement of the Xbox One price was one of the first mistakes Microsoft made with the positioning of the console:

It took more than six months after the launch of the Xbox One in late 2013 for Microsoft to release an Xbox One configuration that removed the Kinect from the box and reduce the price to that of the PS4.

With the PS5 and Xbox Project Scarlett launching at the same time, Microsoft is going to have to be careful not to repeat past mistakes.

If both consoles are packing similar specs, it’s going to be an interesting discussion.

Two Xbox consoles launching side by side?
All the rumours point to there being two new Xbox consoles on the way, codenamed Anaconda and Lockhart, with the former being high end and the latter being a cheaper, streaming-focused console.

Xbox-Deals-with-Gold-1124195-500x297.jpg

Anaconda and Lockhart are allegedly launching together in 2020
But with Sony placing affordability at the front of the conversation, it’s going to be an interesting battle between the gaming giants.

Only time will tell if Microsoft’s plan will materialise, but one thing’s for certain – they are throwing down the gauntlet and forcing Sony to make the next move.

Last edited:
Great Article! Getting excited ! finger crossed! I am currently PlayStation 4 user, and looking for PS5, but I am confused about which gonna be better, Xbox new version or PS5. Hope for the best!

Great Article! Getting excited ! finger crossed! I am currently PlayStation 4 user, and looking for PS5, but I am confused about which gonna be better, Xbox new version or PS5. Hope for the best!

PS5 for the great exclusives and the ultrafast SSD. Also PS5 will be backwards compatible with your PS4 games library as well.

PS: All of the Xbox Series X exclusives will be available on PC.

PS5 for the great exclusives and the ultrafast SSD. Also PS5 will be backwards compatible with your PS4 games library as well.

PS: All of the Xbox Series X exclusives will be available on PC.
PS5 won't be backward compatible but Xbox will be. As for pc exclusive since you are getting all Xbox studio games for free it is faar better choice

PS5 won't be backward compatible but Xbox will be. As for pc exclusive since you are getting all Xbox studio games for free it is faar better choice
PS5 will play PS4 games like I said in my previous comment. Also, PS exclusives are far better in terms of quality and quantity.

PS5 will play PS4 games like I said in my previous comment. Also, PS exclusives are far better in terms of quality and quantity.
Hmmm. What do I get free games vs expansive exclusives. I'll go with free fuckin FREE games. You can pay 70 dollars for each "exclusive" last of us 2 lmao. Each for his own I guess.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom