What's new

Xinjiang Province: News & Discussions

Everywhere in the world government officials can fast and still work.
I dont see why China needs to be so buthurt about it.
When they are government officials it means that they are members of the Communist Party. And the loyalty to the party must come before their religion. If they are not government officials or party members they are allowed to fast. Unless they are children's under 16 then its for health reasons.

:coffee: Same principle applied...
Their country, their system. I don't see why outsiders need to be butthurt about it.

Everywhere in the world government officials can fast and still work.
I dont see why China needs to be so buthurt about it.

But like i said every country has no problems with fasting and working for the state.
This decision makes no sense except trying to control the religious life of government officials.

Please tell me, how many Communist die hard atheist governments are there in the world? North Korea and Cuba? Neither has even 1 muslim in them. Don't make false comparisons with secular Western nations.

Expanded train routes to bring 100,000 more tourists to Xinjiang

English.news.cn 2015-06-17 21:52:43

URUMQI, June 17 (Xinhua) -- A total of 100 railway lines will link Xinjiang to the rest of China this year, which is expected to bring 100,000 more visitors to the autonomous region, local tourism authorities and China Railway Group jointly announced on Wednesday.

So far there are 23 rail lines connecting Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region with 16 major cities in China, such as Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou. China Railway Group said it will increase such lines to 100 as the country promotes silk road-themed travel this year.

More than 7.2 million domestic tourists visited Xinjiang during the first quarter of this year, up 9.29 percent from the same period a year ago, according to official data.

The autonomous region saw 49.5 million tourists last year, a 4.9 percent decline due to a string of terrorist attacks in the same period.

Expanded train routes to bring 100,000 more tourists to Xinjiang
- Xinhua | English.news.cn

When it comes to the beautiful Xinjiang landscape, even a simple camera can produce the most beautiful photographs.

Xinjiang, the largest province in China and located in the country’s far northwest, boasts one of the most diverse landscapes: from one of the world’s largest deserts to one of the world’s largest mountain ranges.

The result is that the term “Xinjiang landscape” can mean so many different things. Take a look at the photos below for great examples.

The Taklamakan Desert is the 2nd largest desert in the whole world and takes up almost 1/3 of the entire Xinjiang province.

The famous Hemu village is located near the Kanas Lake in Altay, Xinjiang. It’s one of the most popular places for professional photographers in the region, especially during the fall months when the leaves turn various colors.

The Keketuohai National Park is one of the most beautiful and least-recognized parks in China. Many compare it to Yosemite in the US.

Sometimes referred to as “Xinjiang’s Grand Canyon”, this incredible place is located near Aksu.

Beautiful apricot blossoms year Yili, Xinjiang spring up every year and provide incredible photos.

Quite a few railways reaching Xinjiang from Inner Mongolia and Qinghai Province are under construction。When these are completed in short ears,Xinjiang will be even more of a destination for investment、commerce、trade、industry,and of course, tourism。:enjoy:

All pictures you shared above...are really mind blowing....:smitten:
So much natural beauty...lush green pastures

Lakes of Xinjiang:

Sayram Lake (赛里木湖)

About an hour northeast of Yili you’ll find the beautiful Sayram Lake – the largest and highest alpine lake in Xinjiang. Given its proximity to Kazakhstan, you’re bound to run into quite a few Kazakh men riding their horses or trying to get you to stay in their yurt for a night.

Heavenly Lake (新疆天池)

The beautiful Heavenly Lake has become the “go to” place to visit from the capital of Urumqi. It’s become somewhat touristy over the past few years but the views are still amazing. If you have an extra day in Urumqi, it’s not a bad idea to make a quick visit to Heavenly Lake.

Karakul Lake (喀拉库勒湖)

Along the Karakoram Highway between Kashgar and Tashkorgan you’ll run into the pristine Karakul Lake. It’s not a particularly large lake, but it is picturesque, especially with the majestic Muztaghata mountain in the background.

Kanas Lake (喀纳斯湖)

Although technically a river, Kanas has been called a lake for so long that it’s not worth trying to reclassify it. The view you see here is probably one of the most famous in all of Xinjiang. It doesn’t matter what season of the year, this bend in the river is a small piece of heaven on earth in northern Xinjiang.

Swan Lake (巴音布拉克湖 / 天鹅湖)

Swan Lake is actually a wetland swamp comprised of many small lakes, made famous by the numerous swans who call it home during the summer. Although it’s great to see the swans, the streams snaking through the grassland have become the trademark scenery here.

God given beauty are un-matched......How much we construct high rise Buildings, Skyscrapers .....what you say on this

You're giving me deadly blows..... If i not come to visit these Masterpieces.....I probably will die :enjoy:...Mercy please

God given beauty are un-matched......How much we construct Buildings, Skyscrapers .....what you say on this
You're giving me deadly blows..... If i not come to visit these Masterpieces.....I probably will die :enjoy:...Mercy please

Hopefully you will have a chance to see at least some of these majestic mountains, bro: :cheers:

Multiple mountain ranges cut through or border Xinjiang including the TianShan, Kunlun and Pamir among others.

TianShan Range (新疆天山)

When flying in and out of Urumqi, it’s the TianShan range that you’ll see out your window. The Tian Shan, which slices through the middle of Xinjiang, was named to UNESCO’s World Heritage List in 2013.

Pamir Mountains (帕米尔)

The Pamir Mountains, located on the western edge of Xinjiang near the city of Kashgar, are a stunning backdrop to places like Tashkorgan’s Stone Fort, which you see above.

Karakoram Mountains (喀喇昆仑山脉)

For anybody who has traveled along the famous Karakoram Highway, you know just how incredible the Karakoram Mountains are. The Karakoram range is home to K2, the second highest peak in the world and it also has the highest concentration of 8,000m+ peaks in the world.

Kunlun Mountains (昆仑山)

The Kunlun Mountains are the range that runs the border between Xinjiang and Tibet. You’re likely to see this range if you ever have the chance to travel the Tibet-Xinjiang highway, the highest paved road in the world.

Flaming Mountains (火焰山)

Barely high enough to be classified a “hill”, Turpan’s Flaming Mountains are still impressive none-the-less for their unique display of color and design. If you’re brave enough, you can even participate in a half-marathon race across the Flaming Mountains.

I've been to Northern Xinjiang, Kanas is the place I will pay a second visit during autumn.
aletai_kanasi-020.jpg
0140F22CF77515E4FF80808140EF6AA3.jpg

I went there in April, less charming than autumn, but still, one of the most beautiful places I have ever been to.
Kanas in April, 2013
屏幕快照 2015-07-01 19.18.29.png
屏幕快照 2015-07-01 19.18.14.png
屏幕快照 2015-07-01 19.17.16.png
屏幕快照 2015-07-01 19.17.45.png
屏幕快照 2015-07-01 19.23.20.png

I've been to Northern Xinjiang, Kanas is the place I will pay a second visit during autumn.
View attachment 234091View attachment 234090

I went there in April, less charming than autumn, but still, one of the most beautiful places I have ever been to.
Kanas in April, 2013
View attachment 234094 View attachment 234095 View attachment 234096 View attachment 234098 View attachment 234101

Looks pristine and wild.

At the first opportunity, I wish to visit, either. But first, XiZhang (Tibet).

Back
Top Bottom