What's new

Y-20 heavy transport aircraft News & Discussions

I will only reply to your two things then.

First. It is good standard now. It isn't the best but it's getting there. The thing is, there is a committed group of people, including the government that wants Chinese brands to flourish.

There is funding. There is talent. I don't need to provide proof for this do I, I'm assuming anyone on this forum knows the education and money situation in China.

So while we are not there we are on our way.

Second, resources will run out? maybe, but that is not anytime soon and probably won't even be in the children I don't have yet's life time.

Besides, it won't just run out for China, but the world. Last time I checked the US is in the world.

But more importantly, how does this affect our aviation industry now or even 30 years now? Or even potentially ever? With new tech and resources being developed.

Why are we talking resources again?

As I said, I am not the one who chest thump Chinese ability in any sort of Aviation, I have no idea nor speculation on Chinese Aviation in the future, I am not a good enough aviation expert to tell you this, if you want I can ask my bro, he been travel to China a lot for Boeing every time Chinese Airlines bough one of their jet. He could answer you in detail, not me.

Resource have and can derail technological development, put Jet engine as an example. First of all, you need to consider fuel and currently almost all type of Jet Fuel is fossil fuel and in the near future, we will need to design an engine that don't fly on current Jet fuel, and currently no country in the world is doing it.

Put into effect that carbon-composite material are needed to build air craft hull, and you cannot recycle those. (Have to be pre-treated and destroyed their recyclability.) It will run out some time in the future.

Beside, I am not the one who start the resource thing, you did on post #214, so you should ask yourselves why resource have been bought into the table :)

As I said, I am not the one who chest thump Chinese ability in any sort of Aviation, I have no idea nor speculation on Chinese Aviation in the future, I am not a good enough aviation expert to tell you this, if you want I can ask my bro, he been travel to China a lot for Boeing every time Chinese Airlines bough one of their jet. He could answer you in detail, not me.

Resource have and can derail technological development, put Jet engine as an example. First of all, you need to consider fuel and currently almost all type of Jet Fuel is fossil fuel and in the near future, we will need to design an engine that don't fly on current Jet fuel, and currently no country in the world is doing it.

Put into effect that carbon-composite material are needed to build air craft hull, and you cannot recycle those. (Have to be pre-treated and destroyed their recyclability.) It will run out some time in the future.

Beside, I am not the one who start the resource thing, you did on post #214, so you should ask yourselves why resource have been bought into the table :)

I never said we were as good, just that we were on equal footing in some areas, like funding and talents, to an extent, and we have more resolve and absolute power in our favor. What we don't have is experience, and real access into developing world markets as well as access to international talent pool as in we as of yet can't attract the best from most other countries yet.

As to resources, I meant money and people as well as power to control our markets. Not actual resources. So, I guess we been arguing a misunderstood point here.

I have no intention to reply thru all the comment, just 2 point I want to say

1.) I am not the one who expected high standard from Chinese Aviation, Chinese member here claim the Y-20 is any bit NOT AS GOOD AS, but BETTER than C-17. To me, this is funny, look a few psot before my last post and see who actually claiming the Chinese Aviation is of good standard.

2.) Resource WILL run out, I don't mean now, but they do, unless you can create atoms (Not splitting them) Resource WILL runs out, the rate we (CHinese included) wasted our resource, we will face a day without fossil fuel, without alloy/metal. Hence all the recycle program was started. If you expect your country would have unlimited resource, then I can say you are wrong.

Other than that I am not interested on discuss Man UTD or Man City, I am not a foodball fan.

lol tell me WHEN you got there, not In 10 years time. Unless you claim you have psychic ability, I am not interested in Chinese Member "Foresee" their future.

As of today, the only narrow body jet Chinese make IS using American Engine, no matter what you say DOES NOT MATTER.

And last time I check US have 1.8% growth, it's NOT DECLINING

Have fun flying our Boeing 767 now :)

if you don't care what we can do in 10 years time and why you so care to hang up with our domestic air plane development``lol
and are we talking about the engine or what? the whole point of that gentlemen was that C919 wont be ready in few years time, and we will keep buying foreign planes to suit our growth, is there any fundamentally wrong about that, as you keep hanging on the engine things?

if you want talk about engine you can open a thread for that..

oh yeah, btw we don't care what stupid American think about our own developments, especially a simpleton like you
and yes America is declining in relative term, and that matters, coz it cant be a bully no more in near future

one thing for sure is that Y-20 is less expensive than 580 millions price tag C-17 sold to India:coffee:

Wow, that's almost 2.7 times the flyaway cost per unit paid by the U.S. military. Well, at least the Americans are transparent about price gouging, unlike the Russians who simply string India along without committing to a final price tag.

Y-20 black painting

205206mifm1neensy0y73i.jpg.thumb.jpg
Still did not see any pic in which cargo door were open

Wow, that's almost 2.7 times the flyaway cost per unit paid by the U.S. military. Well, at least the Americans are transparent about price gouging, unlike the Russians who simply string India along without committing to a final price tag.

I heart U.S payed only 120 millions, it's almost 4.8 time...of course it's very transparent, India has other choice? :coffee:

lol, you do know Comac C919 uses American Engine right??

and you keep saying the future of Chinese airlines are using Chinese plane, yet the 3 giant keep ordering from both Boeing and Airbus. lol

What's wrong with your mind. Even if China or any other Nation buys international air transports it has all the right if it has got the technologies to develop its own indigenous air transports may it be for civil or military purposes, why does it pain you. The biggest work left to be completed by China is Engines they have invested billions into it, they are patient with it and in time they will eventually be succeed.

Japan is developing it own Kawasaki P-1 MPA while operating large number of P-3s to be replaced in coming years. At the same time Japan Kawasaki is also developing C-2 Transports that will replace all older C-130Hs and C-1.

What's wrong with your mind. Even if China or any other Nation buys international air transports it has all the right if it has got the technologies to develop its own indigenous air transports may it be for civil or military purposes, why does it pain you. The biggest work left to be completed by China is Engines they have invested billions into it, they are patient with it and in time they will eventually be succeed.

Japan is developing it own Kawasaki P-1 MPA while operating large number of P-3s to be replaced in coming years. At the same time Japan Kawasaki is also developing C-2 Transports that will replace all older C-130Hs and C-1.

Dude, did you actually watch he whole thread? Top to bottom??

I am not denying Chinese would one day become one of the top in aviation, i am merely replying in response to Chinese Chest Thumping about how good their aviation was NOW, even tho a total indigenous planes have not yet rolled out in any aviation market.

It does not pain me or whatever to see Chinese did their own plane, not even a single bit.

By the way, Military aviation is alot different than Civil Aviation. And if you have to name a country, Japan seems to be a weird choice to prove your point, as they are the only country in the world bounded by their own and international government on how many plane and how much tonnage of ship they can build.

Y-20 2000X seen making taxing runs。

Maiden flight any time now。

Two further Y-20 prototypes make appearances soon,one of which will undergo flight-tests with WS-20 as one of its engines。:azn:

Y-20 2000X seen making taxing runs。

Maiden flight any time now。

Two further Y-20 prototypes make appearances soon,one of which will undergo flight-tests with WS-20 as one of its engines。:azn:

Any estimate on why Y-20 will be ready for PLA service?

Y-20 black painting

205130ybdozrrnnhc5hqbx.jpg.thumb.jpg

205150oun0wrrhz1nu3kud.jpg.thumb.jpg

205206mifm1neensy0y73i.jpg.thumb.jpg

只有一个伟大的民族才能设计、制造、测试、入役这样的工业皇冠。

这个世界上有三个这样的民族:俄罗斯民族、安格鲁撒克逊民族,汉族。

Still did not see any pic in which cargo door were open

judging from the image, I have the feeling that this initial prototype probably doesn't even have a cargo door.

however, as already pointed out, it is the first prototype and you don't question whether having a cargo door is possible - having this aircraft flying like this is 100x difficult than having the cargo door.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom