What's new

Y-20 heavy transport aircraft News & Discussions

lol you just put me to shame:(

(shy).png

LMAO..that is quite brainstorming and imaginative design, it looks cool and I like it but 4 engines strapped to the fugelage are bit risky.
Less drag and improve aerodynamic and performance without the new of a powerful engine. 4 x WS-18 which can support this beast with a payload of 92tons?

Less drag and improve aerodynamic and performance without the new of a powerful engine. 4 x WS-18 which can support this beast with a payload of 92tons?

But why the old WS-18, which is nothing more than a Chinese-build version of the original Russian D-30KP-2 ??? IMI it must be at least something a class above the WS-20 ... and if You look closely this beast is inspired by the An-225, which uses 6 D-18T turbofans with a thrust of 229,85 kN each ... as such only four engines would have to reach at least 345 kN, or roughly equal to a 2 PW4077 (356 kN) or a RR Trent 877 (351 kN) or a GE90-77B (363 kN) as used in the B777.

As such even the capable WS-20 for the would be much too weak ...

But why the old WS-18, which is nothing more than a Chinese-build version of the original Russian D-30KP-2 ??? IMI it must be at least something a class above the WS-20 ... and if You look closely this beast is inspired by the An-225, which uses 6 D-18T turbofans with a thrust of 229,85 kN each ... as such only four engines would have to reach at least 345 kN, or roughly equal to a 2 PW4077 (356 kN) or a RR Trent 877 (351 kN) or a GE90-77B (363 kN) as used in the B777.

As such even the capable WS-20 for the would be much too weak ...
We are talking about different aerodynamic? Aren't we? From what I know from Chinese source. The WS-18 is not mere D-30KP-2. It has improve upthrust and lifespan. Not by a huge margin but definitely better.

We are talking about different aerodynamic? Aren't we? From what I know from Chinese source. The WS-18 is not mere D-30KP-2. It has improve upthrust and lifespan. Not by a huge margin but definitely better.

Please explain: definitely better !!

Sadly again - as so often when You not agree with my posts like in the recent Z-10 tread - You don't give any specifications, You don't answer a question and You ignore arguments. By the way even if not a mere D-30KP even a "definitely better" version with new materials will never reach out the thrust requirement of this beast. So why a 1960s-based design if there is already a new generation under development ?

Please explain: definitely better !!

Sadly again - as so often when You not agree with my posts like in the recent Z-10 tread - You don't give any specifications, You don't answer a question and You ignore arguments. By the way even if not a mere D-30KP even a "definitely better" version with new materials will never reach out the thrust requirement of this beast. So why a 1960s-based design if there is already a new generation under development ?
It shall you be the one defending your stance when on WZ-10 when a whole batch of new one fitted with new EO line up outside the factory. While your ridiculous assessment of them being just refurbished is just sound so out of line.

WS-20 will eventually evolved into even civilian engine series for C919.

WS-18 with D-30KP2 almost similiar and faster induction rate will no doubt solved the Y-20 urgent need w/o waiting for WS-20 engines.

its up to u to trust the Chinese forum source. Isn't the divine eagle started initial source also came from Chinese forum? Now it become reality with initial flight and photo.

Back
Top Bottom