What's new

Z-10 ME/P deliveries to begin from 2023

Atak 2026 earliest
A new video (0:28) on ATAK-2 (10 TON T929 w/ Ukranian/TEI engines) prototype at SAHA expo 2022:

1666718472038.png

1666718559706.png

1666718709614.png

Last edited:
Considering drone Vs gunship, the loitering time included.
What is being offered in the Bell invictus is the future of armed recon. A fast platform, carrying relatively longer ranged loitering munitions and capable of operating deep inside enemy territory but away from air defense threats

What is being offered in the Bell invictus is the future of armed recon. A fast platform, carrying relatively longer ranged loitering munitions and capable of operating deep inside enemy territory but away from air defense threats
I think Manned-Unmanned Teaming (MUM-T) is a big part of the future. You'd want the attack helicopters to coordinate very closely with the loitering munitions, esp. if they're deployed off-board from some vehicle. Ideally, you'd have a situation where the loitering munitions could cluster around an area (and loiter) while the attack helicopter IDs targets within the area which, in turn, prompts individual munitions to engage.

100%?
Oh well that ends the ATAK saga.
There is always the Atak-2 :)

Operating helicopters from both nations would be beneficial because the ecosystems of the munitions, sensors, datalinks, etc. each country can provide Pakistan will offer a continuous stream of improvements, which will allow the military to calibrate its own unique doctrine and tactics.

Last edited:
I think Manned-Unmanned Teaming (MUM-T) is a big part of the future. You'd want the attack helicopters to coordinate very closely with the loitering munitions, esp. if they're deployed off-board from some vehicle. Ideally, you'd have a situation where the loitering munitions could cluster around an area (and loiter) while the attack helicopter IDs targets within the area which, in turn, prompts individual munitions to engage.
Or loitering munition coordinating amongst themselves. I was blown away by the LOCAAS concept back in the days when reading FAS was a favorite pass time :D

Even cheap propeller driven derivatives of our UAVs with the level of coordination that’s now much more possible due to the computation power that is now possible in a small packages that cheap and readily available. It can decimate air defenses, armpit and other targets at an astoundingly low cost.

Last edited:
That targeting has to be aided by “AI” otherwise the loitering munitions are themselves in danger of being shot down by possible AAA or otherwise.

The Apache Guardian was slated to get MMW target recognition to allow pilots to make better decisions for standoff launch.

Any chance, the interior ministry wants to rebuild and upgrade the PA cobra fleet from the Turks, so that it can take over the choppers and give them to the FC once the Z-10s are operational for the Army?

A new video (0:28) on ATAK-2 (10 TON T929 w/ Ukranian/TEI engines) prototype at SAHA expo 2022:

View attachment 889274

View attachment 889275
View attachment 889277

With a Helicopter in that class, I hope they ditch the single EO/IR sensor and go for a twin sensor as on the Apache and as originally proposed for the Z-10.

The twin sensor allows the pilot and the gunner to independently control separate sensors, and allow the pilot to spot something, and cue the gunner in on it. A hunter killer approach.

I hope It’s not too late to revive this sensor turret for the Z-10, and the PA looks to reconsider it. A small difference like this could mean the difference between having enough situational awareness (the single sensor being preoccupied with the gunner looking for targets) to allow the pilot to watch out for pop up threats.

Also with a better sensor for the gunner, they can engage targets from further away, especially with loitering munitions, to stay out of harms way or engage threats as quickly and efficiently as possible. Longer range EO/IR sensors can also confirm what is seen by the MMW radar.

Last edited:
Or loitering munition coordinating amongst themselves. I was blown away by the LOCAAS concept back in the days when reading FAS was a favorite pass time :D

Even cheap propeller driven derivatives of our UAVs with the level of coordination that’s now much more possible due to the computation power that is now possible in a small packages that cheap and readily available. It can decimate air defenses, armpit and other targets at an astoundingly low cost.
Interesting thing about the LOCAAS -
There was another program called the LOCPOD using existing components - even better and could theoretically shut down an airfield for hours

Z-10ME has proven to be capable in high attitude. The engine problem has solve.

China own Z-20 helo engine horsepower even exceed the one uses on UH-60 Blackhawk.

T-129 considered a light helo while Z-10ME is considered medium weight and better armour.
Z-10ME = To the RSA Riovaak or Italys Mangusta (spellcheck) and inferior to the AH64.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom