What's new

Zimbli....

I don't think anyone else can take Diana Damrau's place for me, but sure, let's see what the fuss is all about. :P

Ignore the Koreans; they are so unbelievably expressionless. For Heavens' sakes, this is a revenge song.

why not ? music and friendship +daru have no country no religion :enjoy::D

This young lady is the famous Ajoy Chakrabarty's daughter

Ignore the Koreans; they are so unbelievably expressionless. For Heavens' sakes, this is a revenge song.

that was so nice sir . i have seen also people sing with instruments in some live concert make me wonder

many thanks for shearing such a nice music in this hot season of surrender modi :lol:

Work came up, so couldn't reply straight away.

That was absolutely beautiful. I did not think it was even possible at such tempo. Gonna have to find the full version now.

P.S, not sure what the Korean was doing, she seemed like she was just trying to scream the note. :tsk:

Work came up, so couldn't reply straight away.hind

That was absolutely beautiful. I did not think it was even possible at such tempo. Gonna have to find the full version now.

P.S, not sure what the Korean was doing, she seemed like she was just trying to scream the note. :tsk:

Gives me goose pimples. Incredible at that tempo, isn't it? Of course you know all the trivia bits behind Mozart and the aria.

The trouble is, although Popp is the better music, Damrau is the better acting.

Last edited:
Gives me goose pimples. Incredible at that tempo, isn't it? Of course you know all the trivia bits behind Mozart and the aria.

The trouble is, although Popp is the better music, Damrau is the better acting.

The great thing about the internet is that one can watch/listen to both. I can't imagine trying to find a live performance in Pakistan. :lol:

The great thing about the internet is that one can watch/listen to both. I can't imagine trying to find a live performance in Pakistan. :lol:

What is your position, now that you have heard them all? (you haven't heard Callas, but she didn't do well at these).

What is your position, now that you have heard them all? (you haven't heard Callas, but she didn't do well at these).

I will have to agree with you. Whilst the prose and dramatization of Diana Damrau is thrilling, there is something hauntingly beautiful about the way Popp draws out the notes. Maybe this won't make much sense, but Popp's performance seems like a master glass blower at work, whilst Damrau seems more of a blacksmith, hammering away. This isn't to take away from either performances, but just the style of it is unique.

I've had Popp on repeat for some time now since finishing work.

I will have to agree with you. Whilst the prose and dramatization of Diana Damrau is thrilling, there is something hauntingly beautiful about the way Popp draws out the notes. Maybe this won't make much sense, but Popp's performance seems like a master glass blower at work, whilst Damrau seems more of a blacksmith, hammering away. This isn't to take away from either performances, but just the style of it is unique.

Oh, brilliantly said. Just what it is. Exquisite and delicate, while we have Damrau begging for our mothers, until we realise with a thrill of horror that she IS mother.

Reminds me of a brilliant rendition of Casta Diva that wrings every last drop of bewilderment and betrayal out of the situation.

Oh, brilliantly said. Just what it is. Exquisite and delicate, while we have Damrau begging for our mothers, until we realise with a thrill of horror that she IS mother.

Hahaha, and a mother that wants you to kill. Brilliant.

Reminds me of a brilliant rendition of Casta Diva that wrings every last drop of bewilderment and betrayal out of the situation.

I think it's against the rules to mention it and not share the link...

Hahaha, and a mother that wants you to kill. Brilliant.

I think it's against the rules to mention it and not share the link...

I'm trying to remember where and who.

It was a beautiful, extended rendition, none of those 9 minute quickies, and really, really beautiful.

I'm trying to remember where and who.

It was a beautiful, extended rendition, none of those 9 minute quickies, and really, really beautiful.

I keep listening to other versions, that come all the way up to 9 minutes, and it is horrible to hear the shortcuts that people made. Even half a minute made a difference.

The rains have come to Hyderabad:

How synchronicity-like it was that right on Monday night, a couple of hours after you posted this song I too posted it in the 'What are you listening to...' thread in this post.

In the same post of mine above I have posted the Indian Idol season 10 contestant Saumya Chakraborty singing 'Yaad Piya Ki Aaye'. Listen also to contestant Renu Nagar's rendition of 'Aaj Jaane Ki Zidd Na Karo'.

Here and here are other songs of Saumya.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom