What's new

Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates (Feast your eyes)

why is Karachi trying to be like Dubai when it could be like Abu Dhabi?

Because only the older generation have heard of Abu Dhabi from that Garfield comic strip, as for Dubai , everyone knows it and i think Karachi is going for that and not exactly how the city is planned per say

Because only the older generation have heard of Abu Dhabi from that Garfield comic strip, as for Dubai , everyone knows it and i think Karachi is going for that and not exactly how the city is planned per say
Seems kinda short sighted when Dubai projects constantly running out of money, and some have to be funded by Abu Dhabi

Al Ain city - part of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi

Al ain is about an hours drive from Abu Dhabi. It is a large town (almost 900k residents) and it is considered to be the greenest part of the UAE. Many oasis and palm tree farms.

Al Ain oasis by Uros P.hotography, on Flickr

Al-Ain - Oasis by Milos Kravcik, on Flickr

Al Ain City Street by Andrew Breeden, on Flickr

Al Ain City Street by Andrew Breeden, on Flickr

Green Mubazarah view from Jable hafeeth - Al ain, UAE by Nagaraj SK, on Flickr

Al-Ain by Vincent, on Flickr

Al Ain Oasis by Anthony Corpuz, on Flickr

Downtown Al ain 1 by Aitch.sfs, on Flickr

by Aitch.sfs, on Flickr

jebel hafeet PALACE by Gerald Madula, on Flickr

Jebel Hafeet Al Ain by Andrew Breeden, on Flickr

Highway run by Gerald Madula, on Flickr

Lovely pictures of the AL Ain city streets (specially the photo with the cobble stone pavement )...It reminds me a bit of San Antonio Texas. Which I consider the most Beautiful US small city . Al ain also reminds me a bit of Abadan (the oil city of Iran)..It was built by the BP in the 1930s and 1940s so it has a British favour. I spent few years of my high school years there bicycling to school .

Lovely pictures of the AL Ain city streets (specially the photo with the cobble stone pavement )...It reminds me a bit of San Antonio Texas. Which I consider the most Beautiful US small city . Al ain also reminds me a bit of Abadan (the oil city of Iran)..It was built by the BP in the 1930s and 1940s so it has a British favour. I spent few years of my high school years there bicycling to school .

Al ain is a great township to live in too. I lived there for a year back in 97-98. Only draw back is how my mindset was so vastly different that the people that lived there. I am sure if i go back now it wont be the case

Been to San Antonio and i do get what you are saying :)
it has been very foggy lately

1613884621809.png

ABU DHABI skyline shot (January 2018)

shutterstock_1099233794 (1).jpg

Fishing on a Foggy morning
shutterstock_1015609081.jpg

The Emirates Palace hotel on the right , Etihad towers hotel on the left

shutterstock_569032132.jpg

The Abu Dhabi corniche. In my opinion , the most beautiful corniche in the world :)

there are several sea-side corniches in Abu Dhabi , but the one shown here is the oldest (stretches for about 12 kilometers) from miza zayed to the flag pole.

shutterstock_1617230884.jpg

shutterstock_1313471630.jpg

In this picture , you can see part of (old abu dhabi) which is basically the main island that is totally built up in the background and newer islands in the foreground where new cities are coming up

shutterstock_1413830588.jpg

in this photo , old abu dhabi is in the foreground and new cities coming up in the far background

shutterstock_455307778.jpg

I was lucky enough to have this clip recommended to me on YT , it is of the city of Al Ain (which is part of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi). Only low-rise building , many old castles, millions of palm trees and thousands of farms. I lived here once back in 1998 for a year and i loved it !

This place (Jubail island mangroves) is in Abu Dhabi and about 25 minutes from the city center. Love it :) especially kids

I was lucky enough to have this clip recommended to me on YT , it is of the city of Al Ain (which is part of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi). Only low-rise building , many old castles, millions of palm trees and thousands of farms. I lived here once back in 1998 for a year and i loved it !

This place (Jubail island mangroves) is in Abu Dhabi and about 25 minutes from the city center. Love it :) especially kids

Greetings from Yas Island. Thanks for posting that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom