What's new

Capabilities of PAF Dassault MIRAGE-III/V.

Should Pakistan upgrade its Mirages to South African Cheetah standard if not Beyond?

• Yes

Votes: 180 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 126 41.2%

• Total voters
Blain

I have never come here with the intention to convert any thread into an argument one. The source i gave is a reliable one. I just try to share relevant info on the topic. What i can tell you is that both systems were inducted i.e. raptor (1 and 2)and mupsow. As far as the link of mupsow and raad is concerned, there is a definite link there too. The bottomline is that Mirage is a very capable platform and PAF has done radical changes to it in every dimension.

I did not mean to discount Muspsow's induction. However there is more documentary evidence of the Raptor in service than Mupsow. The more the merrier in all honesty. ;)

I agree the Mirage is a very potent surface attack platform. The ROSE upgrades have really helped.

upgraded mirages are

1 sqdn-maritime strike as mentioned by blain2.
2 sqdns-nite-strike capable rose mirages.

these nearly 60 a/c are quite potent.

more details to come.....

upgraded mirages are

sir is our mirages capable of loading LGBs and Targeting pods under belly .in such a way that 2 LGB(250kg)bombs on both tanks and a POD under fuselage. ?

and plz also describe about launching a R-darter from mirage.

Last edited:
upgraded mirages are

FM Sahib,

You missed out two sqns of ROSE I equipped Mirage IIIs which are optimized for interception.

Last edited:
sir is our mirages capable of loading LGBs and Targeting pods under belly .in such a way that 2 LGB(250kg)bombs on both tanks and a POD under fuselage. ?

and plz also describe about launching a R-darter from mirage.

DZ,

The LGBs that are typically loaded on the Mirages may be GBU-12/10/16s (2000, 500 and 1000lbs). A typical load-out would be a single LGB on the underbelly station.

There is no targeting pod needed on the Mirage V ROSEII/III aircraft at least because it has an integrated FLIR unit under canopy which is used to designate the targets and home the LGBs.

Last edited:
DZ,

The LGBs that are typically loaded on the Mirages may be GBU-12/10/16s (2000, 500 and 1000lbs). A typical load-out would be a single LGB on the underbelly station.

There is no targeting pod needed on the Mirage V ROSEII/III aircraft at least because it has an integrated FLIR unit under canopy which is used to designate the targets and home the LGBs.

thanx alot sir,but Mirage FLIR is fixed while the head of Targeting pod moves to drop beam on target.
how could mirage guide a bomb after dropping it,with fixed head FLIR while cursing speed is much faster then the bomb.

i desperately need information cuz i have to draw a sketch of 5 mirages loaded with different weapons.
regards

nice so it means 60 strike air crafts and at least 40 for interception stilll gona stay in paf till 2020

I LOVE MIRAGE
PAF's mirage one and only unique fighter who test many foreign & local made weapon system & equipments, our best fighter come throw mirage, PAF mirages give lot of experiance/ tactics
Its only PAF fighter who help PN with Exocet missile
its only PAF fighter who made RECCE mission
its only PAF fighter who kill enemies without any loss
its only PAF fighter who still longer time in service
its only PAF fighter who beat F-16A/B
its only PAF fighter who upgrade in many types
its only PAF fighter who first refueled in paf history
its only PAF fighter who particepated many international airshows like paris air show
its only PAF fighter who ideal upgrade platform like rose 3 (Marakash AF accept ROSE3 paris airshow display on its Mirage F1 with MICA, AASM Exocet, HMDS, Democles Pod + ) Libya also second customer.

ROSE IV
This phase of the program was planned to integrate the French MBDA MICA IR and MICA RF air-to-air missiles with the Grifo M3 radars fitted to Mirage III ROSE 1 fighters, but was cancelled before it commenced. At the time, the PAF did not have any advanced medium range air-to-air missiles and very few aircraft that were capable of deploying them. The project was cancelled, along with other upgrades to the Mirage series, due to a combination of high costs, ageing Mirage airframes and completion of developing a new fighter, the JF-17, which is to replace the Mirage III and Mirage 5 in PAF service

PAF mirages also capable H-2 (R-Darter) BVR missile, and H-4(Raptor-2 )standoff weapon

Last edited:
Pakistan also developed and tested an indigenous IRST sensor on Mirage 3 fighter. I had a picture of it but lost it some how. Here is a proof of its existence. Although the project was later canceled but it shows that we can integrate one on Thunders without any foreign help. One drawback was that it was a POD mounted sensor and not the internally carried one.

Kamra - Pakistan Special Weapons Facilities

thanx alot sir,but Mirage FLIR is fixed while the head of Targeting pod moves to drop beam on target.
how could mirage guide a bomb after dropping it,with fixed head FLIR while cursing speed is much faster then the bomb.

i desperately need information cuz i have to draw a sketch of 5 mirages loaded with different weapons.
regards
Because the guidance of munitions is the function of the DART and not the FLIR itself. When I say the FLIR above, it is the entire system on the ROSEII/III Mirages known as DART FLIR. DART is responsible for precision acquisition and pointing/designation. Its a gimbal based system inside the FLIR housing which negates the need for a rotating pod.

Last edited:
DART targeting system is very similar in functionality to Rafael's Litening targeting pod. Both are comparable in many parameters.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom