What's new

English Premier League - 2020/21 (update: 21/22)

I understand mate, but you see the problem is that you have to have people challenging the front three and keeping them at their toes. There is a huge drop in quality on the bench from first playing eleven. The front three are reaching their late twenties now and I think should have gone all out for Timo Warner but we dithered. Our squad has actually reduced with backups like Lovern and Lallana leaving the club.
Youre more than welcome to give us James Milner and send him back to Leeds!!!!

Im in....................
GREAT!
I wish we can find 8-10 more people! Specially for the Head to Head league, that can be good fun! I am not sharing the league code with anyone outside this forum so once again

Any one playing fantasy premier league? Join the forum's private league:

Head to Head League joining Link: https://fantasy.premierleague.com/leagues/auto-join/oe3z1a
Code: oe3z1a

League joining Link: https://fantasy.premierleague.com/leagues/auto-join/n0x3uo
League Code: n0x3uo

@UnitedPak @ADIL SHERDIL are your two joining this season?

Last edited:
I understand mate, but you see the problem is that you have to have people challenging the front three and keeping them at their toes. There is a huge drop in quality on the bench from first playing eleven. The front three are reaching their late twenties now and I think should have gone all out for Timo Warner but we dithered. Our squad has actually reduced with backups like Lovern and Lallana leaving the club.
That is not possible unless you are Manchester City who can attract player only for salaries! Understand this, we do not have any player that we can buy who is as good as the front three we already have and is ready to spend considerable time on bench. That will just destroy the existing setup, you will have spent big and will want to give that new lad a chance which will eventually lead to the existing combinations being disturned! You don't fix what isn't broken. Its that simple.

If there is anything i would have wanted to happen, it would be Liverpool going for 3/4 new young promising players. Players we can develop as per our style and who wont get furious because he is not being brought in directly in place of Salah or Mane or Firmino! That is what we are missing. However in that department too, when i look at the young players already in the setup at Liverpool i am not too much worried!

GREAT!
I wish we can find 8-10 more people! Specially for the Head to Head league, that can be good fun! I am not sharing the league code with anyone outside this forum so once again

Any one playing fantasy premier league? Join the forum's private league:

Head to Head League joining Link: https://fantasy.premierleague.com/leagues/auto-join/oe3z1a
Code: oe3z1a

League joining Link: https://fantasy.premierleague.com/leagues/auto-join/n0x3uo
League Code: n0x3uo
My team is called Musing btw but you probably guessed that!

That is not possible unless you are Manchester City who can attract player only for salaries! Understand this, we do not have any player that we can buy who is as good as the front three we already have and is ready to spend considerable time on bench. That will just destroy the existing setup, you will have spent big and will want to give that new lad a chance which will eventually lead to the existing combinations being disturned! You don't fix what isn't broken. Its that simple.

If there is anything i would have wanted to happen, it would be Liverpool going for 3/4 new young promising players. Players we can develop as per our style and who wont get furious because he is not being brought in directly in place of Salah or Mane or Firmino! That is what we are missing. However in that department too, when i look at the young players already in the setup at Liverpool i am not too much worried!

We have to find the right balance. We cannot be "seen" as a big club with small club mentality while keep our winning formula intact. The likes of Barca and Real Madrid , the galacticos at their pomp kept on investing in the squad despite having the best players in the world. True, our front three cannot be replaced by same quality but we do need top talent out there to be their under study and gradually take up the baton when salah, Mane and Frimino hang their boots or cashed in by the club. They are reaching at their late twenties anyway.

We won CL (18 Million pounds) and PL (190 million pounds) in two years, the talk about financial issues, where is that money gone? They still haven't completed Thiago Alcantara signing.

The likes of Brewster and Harry Wilson will not hang around - lets be honest if the team doesnt get any injuries these players wont be getting any game time....

My team is called Musing btw but you probably guessed that!
YEAH I got that! It looks it is just us two for now. The classic league is big with many other people there but i am not sharing the H2H league with anyone, want it to be among the forum members only, will be much more fun. I hope there are others who play fantasy league and can join in!

We have to find the right balance. We cannot be "seen" as a big club with small club mentality while keep our winning formula intact. The likes of Barca and Real Madrid , the galacticos at their pomp kept on investing in the squad despite having the best players in the world. True, our front three cannot be replaced by same quality but we do need top talent out there to be their under study and gradually take up the baton when salah, Mane and Frimino hang their boots or cashed in by the club. They are reaching at their late twenties anyway.

We won CL (18 Million pounds) and PL (190 million pounds) in two years, the talk about financial issues, where is that money gone? They still haven't completed Thiago Alcantara signing.
I do agree that the talks of "No funds available" is a bit strange, we have not spend anything at all. Also agree with the under study part, that is what i was saying as well. We cannot and should not be going for big names as that do not suit our team and transfer policy but big talents, upcoming starts, that is what we surely need to invest in! That is why i said that when i look at current Academy players i do not feel totalyl lost but yes that is an area that can see big investment for the future, Players who wont quit only because they are not getting enough time ahead of Salah, Firmino or Mane but players who when provided the chance can play at similar level. That would be ideal, IF we can find such players. However bring in Sancho and that means you need to give him minutes ahead of the established starters!

I only see midfield where we can get one big name player that can come in and instantly replace one of the existing ones as regular starters, even that will be harsh on existing ones!

The likes of Brewster and Harry Wilson will not hang around - lets be honest if the team doesnt get any injuries these players wont be getting any game time....

And it makes sense to invest millions of dollars to bring in players who play at these positions? I mean, if we cannot hold these kids because of game time, how are we going to give game time to the big names we bring in?

Jadon Sancho to Manchester United deal seem to be off for now!
United could have done better with Sancho in the team, lets see if they still go ahead with a final bid for the player despite Dortmund clearly stating that he wont be sold this year now.

Jadon Sancho to Manchester United deal seem to be off for now!
United could have done better with Sancho in the team, lets see if they still go ahead with a final bid for the player despite Dortmund clearly stating that he wont be sold this year now.
I don’t know whose in charge of decisions like recruitment but putting all eggs in 1 basket like Sancho is a poor decision. Don’t rate him either.

I don’t know whose in charge of decisions like recruitment but putting all eggs in 1 basket like Sancho is a poor decision. Don’t rate him either.
United actually seem to be chasing a big name player as a statement of intent. The young squad is decent and a known start was sought after as a morale booster! A statement that United can go after and get the high value players even in this COVID market. Whether they get him or not, the best thing for united this season will be an attempt for a top four finish! That is it.

YEAH I got that! It looks it is just us two for now. The classic league is big with many other people there but i am not sharing the H2H league with anyone, want it to be among the forum members only, will be much more fun. I hope there are others who play fantasy league and can join in!

Joined as well now! Vardy Boys :D

Joined as well now! Vardy Boys :D
Welcome brother! We have three teams now, there are 16 spots. It will be great fun if we can find the remaining 13 members from this forum. :D
If not we can always share the link on the last days on SM and the spots will be filled in hours however i will love if there are teams from people we know and can talk to (trash talk to :P) on the forum as the league goes on. :)

United actually seem to be chasing a big name player as a statement of intent. The young squad is decent and a known start was sought after as a morale booster! A statement that United can go after and get the high value players even in this COVID market. Whether they get him or not, the best thing for united this season will be an attempt for a top four finish! That is it.
Still think a top quality striker and lets be honest Maguire looks slow IMO

Still think a top quality striker and lets be honest Maguire looks slow IMO
Maguire is millions of dollars down the drain, perhaps one of the worst transfer deals in recent past! It is not just a striker and CB, a lot of positions need improvement if they are to compete for the title and guarantee the top four. For now, the best they can do, WITH or WITHOUT Sancho this season is to hope and chase that top four finish.
Even Chelsea will give them tough time this season.

P.S. apart from the obvious contenders, i am hoping a strong performance from Arsenal and Everton this season, lets see.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom