What's new

F-22p News & Discussions

Instead of focusing on old Oliver Class Frigates which is also 4000+ ton ship, PN should focus on Type-05A which would have gone a long way in fulfilling the future needs for the PN. These days PAF is really modernizing its fleet with new inductions like Air-to-Air refuellers AEW&C/AWACS. Our defense policy makers would have to think for PN on the same lines and should start sparing some budget for PN and on the other hand PN should also be bold in terms of its future surface fleet requirements and selections.

I agree with you, but my opinion is that we should get also Oliver Class Frigrates which are coming at very cheap price and We should also buy Tpe-054 A Frigrates with long range BVR air defence missels. It is very necessary and Pakistan Navy is ignoring to install long range BVR air defence systems on Frigrates and it is blunder. Sometime when i read this all i become annoyed that why that dont install long range air defence systems. Any argument is meaningless for me in my view Long range air defence system should be on board, without any argument without any discussion of price, withou any discussion to relate it with weight of ship that it is 2500 tons, it is 4000 tons or it is 6000 tons etc.

The HQ-16 VL-SAM on board Type 054A provides some area air defence from all engagement angles up to a range of 50km. This is considerable upgrade from the limited engagement angle, short range HQ-7 SAM system of the Type 054 (and F22P).

It should be noted though that RIM-162 ESSM provides similar area air defence from all engagement angles up to a range of over 50km as well. While a single 8-cell Mk41 VLU can hold 32 ESSM, it takes four 8-cell VLUs to achive that number of missiles on the Type 054A.

That, married to e.g. the recent AN/SPY-5 X-band multitracking, target-illuminating radar system for surface combatants, and installed in a modified F22P, could yield a superior area air defence capability on a domestically produced platform...

Instead of F22P, one could also use Milgem or Meko A-200 as a development base. However, since potential local production of either of these will likely be preceeded by local production of F22P anyway, why wait?

PN has the option to join Turkey's TF-100 project, but that's not due to start until the late 2010s...but it fits the bell. The other option is to pick up on China's 'shelved' F-16U frigate - which I believe was in fact offered to PN back in the day, and it too seems to fit the bill the PN chief set. Finally, they can continue working on the F-22P...I guess they'll change the hull design to reduce RCS and expand some areas to cater for VLS.

My opinion...PN should hold off and try joining the Turkish TF-100 program, and close the gap during its development upgrade the OHPs with Mk.41 VLS & ESSM.

PN has the option to join Turkey's TF-100 project, but that's not due to start until the late 2010s...but it fits the bell. The other option is to pick up on China's 'shelved' F-16U frigate - which I believe was in fact offered to PN back in the day, and it too seems to fit the bill the PN chief set. Finally, they can continue working on the F-22P...I guess they'll change the hull design to reduce RCS and expand some areas to cater for VLS.

My opinion...PN should hold off and try joining the Turkish TF-100 program, and close the gap during its development upgrade the OHPs with Mk.41 VLS & ESSM.

Tf-100 will not be available for PN in this Decade, the first TF-100 Frigate will enter in Service by turkish Navy in 2023. TF-100 are planned to be use as Multipurpose Frigattes to replace Yavuz and Babaros Class(MEKO-200) Frigates in TN Invertory.

Tf-100 will not be available for PN in this Decade, the first TF-100 Frigate will enter in Service by turkish Navy in 2023. TF-100 are planned to be use as Multipurpose Frigattes to replace Yavuz and Babaros Class(MEKO-200) Frigates in TN Invertory.

In fact, TF-100 may well turn out a version of the MEKO A-200

Indeed, F-16U was designed for export and with western armaments in mind. In that sense, comparable to F25T for Thailand.

You're right, but I suggesting that PN join the TF-100 development, and until it can start inducting them (2030-onwards?), it should have upgraded OHPs.

Instead of focusing on old Oliver Class Frigates which is also 4000+ ton ship, PN should focus on Type-05A which would have gone a long way in fulfilling the future needs for the PN. These days PAF is really modernizing its fleet with new inductions like Air-to-Air refuellers and AEW&C/AWACS. Our defense policy makers would have to think for PN on the same lines and should start sparing some budget for PN and on the other hand PN should also be bold in terms of its future surface fleet requirements and selections.

SPOT ON!!
This is just going to hurt our future plans and nothing more...

0f3d62843066387ccd33575f3267d8a1.jpg

43f9574c43cf4af9fa85a9b21390b643.jpg

d5783e57bae9a569587120eec7f550a9.jpg

9b549288156e262621546f4b41ae11f6.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 PM ----------

695248747994262896fecd563e6adb64.jpg

I am told that F-22ps are equipped with C-803s instead of standard C-802s. Navy bought several dozens of them a couple of years ago.

alright guyz here is pns zulfiqar in full action, probably during weapons testing in china!

it fired almost every weapon it got!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am told that F-22ps are equipped with C-803s instead of standard C-802s. Navy bought several dozens of them a couple of years ago.

there are some sources that had been reporting the induction of -803 in PN but there is no confirmed official statement about it.

i think that currently we are using C-802 is primary AShM along with the harpoon.

the rumored later accusition of heavier vessels from China may see C803 comming.

regards!

there are some sources that had been reporting the induction of -803 in PN but there is no confirmed official statement about it.

i think that currently we are using C-802 is primary AShM along with the harpoon.

the rumored later accusition of heavier vessels from China may see C803 comming.

regards!

It is not a rumor and can be checked out in SIPRI 2005-06 database where acquisition of C-803 is clearly mentioned.

Regards

It is not a rumor and can be checked out in SIPRI 2005-06 database where acquisition of C-803 is clearly mentioned.

Regards

actually what makes one reluctant to beleive in this are many other sources who tell otherwise.
you can just check out weaponary list of F-22p frigtes and you will find it.

i guess if we can have some one from the ranks then he could guide us better.
i hope i am wrong and we do have C-803 ;).

regards!

alright guyz here is pns zulfiqar in full action, probably during weapons testing in china!

it fired almost every weapon it got!!!!

YouTube - PNS ZULFIQUAR PAKISTAN NAVY IN ACTION

a nice vedio dear, good work!
lets figure out the weapons systems:
76.2 mm calibre AK–176M main gun
next to main gun are the 6-cell RDC-32 anti-submarine rockets.
800px-76mm_Gun.jpg

firing display in vedio at 2.01 min and 2.12 min respectively

Anti ship missile(C-802/C-803 as debated above)
800px-C-802_anti_ship_missile.JPG

firing display in vedio at 0.55 min

FM-90N SAM
800px-FM-90_SAM.JPG

firing display at 1.04 min

Type 730 CIWS
Type+730_SD.jpg

firing at 2.55 min

now there is a firing display of two weapon systems from 2.25 min to 2.30 min. to me these look like chaff/decoy system.
i will appreciate if someone can/do confirm it :tup:

thanks to RazGriz for the vedio! :cheers:

:pakistan:
regards!

Back
Top Bottom