What's new

indian plane landed in Karachi (Again)

The Captain and SFO are both based in Kolkata and are neighbors of mine. They're good decent human beings and honest hardworking professionals. I am not in Indigo but I can assure you it's a highly respected airline, and it's not banned from operating in other countries like PIA. https://www.samaaenglish.tv/news/40028932

Karachi is the nearest alternate for a significant stretch, even if the aircraft flight path does not pass over Pakistani airspace.

International flights originating from India have a higher than usual percentage of medical emergencies as India is a hub for medical tourism. Many people from African countries, east Asia, BD, Nepal, Bhutan and even USA and Europe come to India for medical treatment. Needless to say a person with history of severe illness would have a much higher chance of medical emergency. The best course of action is to land at nearest suitable airport and request urgent medical treatment.

Considering the person in question was a Nigerian citizen, India will have no role to play in this except a little documentation. Pakistan will inform the Nigerian embassy who will make necessary arrangements at their own expense.
Fun Fact : Even if a person is DEAD he cannot be declared dead in the air unless there is a medical practitioner available and willing to do so. Only a doctor can pronounce someone clinically dead, even if the person is quite clearly dead (not breathing, no pulse). Therefore, it sometimes is difficult to tell by news reports whether the person died in air or after landing.

Source: Trust me Bro!!

Why would someone be exporting drugs out of India? The flight departed FROM Delhi.

Drugs are EXPORTED only out of producer and transit nations such as Columbia, Afghanistan, Pakistan. India has very little to no drug production. Drugs are imported from Afghanistan via Pakistan. https://www.nationalcrimeagency.gov...gling-operation-through-carrier-bag-shipments Pakistan is a major player in global opiate trade.

Oh right I Thought he arrived as I heard the Nigerians control the drug racket in India & it’s a very lucrative business as everyone’s hooked on cocaine in the Indian elite world .

Oh right I Thought he arrived as I heard the Nigerians control the drug racket in India & it’s a very lucrative business as everyone’s hooked on cocaine in the Indian elite world .
Things used to be very bad once upon a time. But past 10 years have seen a severe crackdown. No illegal business can flourish without involvement of law enforcement and politicians. Modi sent Amit Shah after them and Shah has been hunting them down. https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/5-c...-trafficking-from-pakistan-to-kashmir-3632590 This is just a random example of how severe Shah's crackdown is. High level cops, bureaucrats, politicians have been arrested and out behind bars. Earlier, people used to get arrested and sent to prison for couple of years, after that they could enjoy the money they made from drugs. Now, bank accounts of drug dealers are being confiscated and properties bulldozed. Sometimes the money lost is more than what they earned.

The number of drug cases and confiscations have increased which may seem like drug use is increasing, but it's the opposite. Drug use is coming down significantly. The simplest way to judge is that street price of cocaine has increased 20 times since 2014 (Modi govt.) Prices increase only when supply reduces and peddling drugs becomes riskier.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom