What's new

No 17 ''Tigers'' Squadron First To Re-Equip With JF-17 Block-3

Not sure how you can see MAWS from this angle as even Block 2 comes with them.
Hard points are also removable.
The bigger launch rail makes me think its Block 3
@Hodor , Sir your thoughts.
I Specifically mentioned front MAWS that only block 3 has which are visible from this angle, they’re present on the sides of the intakes. Rear MAWS (bottom of the tail) are present on all JF-17s including block 1. Block 3 has new 360 degree Hybrid MAWS system (on top of the tail and on the sides of the intakes)
Hard-points themselves (the rail or mount) are removable but there should still be a visible connector to the airframe.

Just going on a tangent on the topic here. Should we rename our squadrons in Urdu and other regional languages? It would be nice to show pride in our own heritage on our planes. All other air forces do the same, so what not us? What do you guys think about it?
What’s tiger in Pashto?

Honestly, I'm not sure if this is a Block 3??

... at least these MAWS should be visible

1634832469734.png

... and the green part under wings as well on the tails are different

1634832620468.png

1634832639206.png

1634832685448.png

Attachments

• 1634832503149.png
    1634832503149.png
    219.6 KB · Views: 31
Pylones are removable not the hard points.
Hardpoint: internal structure, for layman a type of beem which can take nuts and bolts. It is covered by the skin, only the bolt parts remain exposed.

Pylon: External structure to which bombs and missiles are attached.

So yes you are right, and the said pic is likely not Blk-3
View attachment 786620

Reportedly, First Pakistan Air Force squadron to be equipped with the PAC JF-17A Block III is No. 17 ‘Tigers’ Air Superiority Squadron, stationed at PAF Base Peshawar, a part of the Northern Air Command.
First PAC built JF-17 Block III has already completed its maiden flight. A whole squadron is on the assembly lines right now. Induction will start in first quarter, 2022.
Up till now, all new Jf-17s including Bs were rotating through no.16 Black Panthers, this will be a first if true.

Everyone commenting on the image was of the opinion it's B3. Anyways first Pakistan produced B3 has reportedly completed it's maiden flight, so no doubt will see it soon.
Unfortunately it’s not, however I don’t doubt the other news, B3s will be coming soon, some of the airframes were nearly done in the recent documentary so the timing makes sense, they should be under flights tests at the moment.

we have remaining two sqns of these ugly pipe looking f7s . hope they go away soon and then mirages so at least our airforce look like 90s era airforce . with these mirages and f7s its look 60s era

we have remaining two sqns of these ugly pipe looking f7s . hope they go away soon and then mirages so at least our airforce look like 90s era airforce . with these mirages and f7s its look 60s era
But Chacha Ji, remember that our 50 year old Mirages achieved their objective where as the much more newer and capable Mirage-2000s failed miserably in both strike and air defence roles.

Three squadrons of F7PG including the tigers I believe.
17 and 23 sir
But Chacha Ji, remember that our 50 year old Mirages achieved their objective where as the much more newer and capable Mirage-2000s failed miserably in both strike and air defence roles.
bhaijan for india even if we send flying dunkey and pilote by mullah diesel it will be ok . the day you are talking when indians were killing own officers and choppers ? i washed my hands from indians that day . even if you send K-8 they can drop bombs on indians that day .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom