What's new

Pakistan Army Special Services Group ( SSG - Army )

I would like to see some evidence of your claim, I have never seen a more poorly trained SF in this world except SSG, their death ration is very high and they have lost men in almost every operation they conducted.
He probably is talking about this

Other than this battle, I don't remember any ISAF Special Force was ambushed. There are a few cases of Taliban ambushing ISAF troop (like COP Keating, Battle of Honcho Hill and so on, which most lead to Medal of Honor being awarded.) But there aren't that many recorded SF ambush that make wave out there.

He probably is talking about this

Other than this battle, I don't remember any ISAF Special Force was ambushed. There are a few cases of Taliban ambushing ISAF troop (like COP Keating, Battle of Honcho Hill and so on, which most lead to Medal of Honor being awarded.) But there aren't that many recorded SF ambush that make wave out there.
I saw a documentary on that incident, but this operation was different and deep in enemy territory while my concern of SSG are different.

I saw a documentary on that incident, but this operation was different and deep in enemy territory while my concern of SSG are different.

Well, yeah, I don't know how good or bad SSG was but if he is talking about Taliban ambushing NATO SF, this would be the battle...

Laal Masjid Islamabad ...

Fwn6i6aaYAI5X80
They lost 5 SSG soldiers in that operation. The stupid reason was they were not expecting terrorists had guns.
Pakistan army uses its soldiers like ammunition.

Pak Army SSG operative during exercises with Turkish Army somewhere in Turkiye..

Fw83a7taMAAyIWH

Pakistan Army SSG Commandos.
Left. M4A1 Carbine with CompM2 with AN/PEQ-15 Illuminator Center. Accuracy International Arctic Warfare with Schmidt Bender PM II Scope Right. Arsenal AR-M1 with GP-25 40mm UBGL

They lost 5 SSG soldiers in that operation. The stupid reason was they were not expecting terrorists had guns.
Pakistan army uses its soldiers like ammunition.
When the facts are not with you then don't mislead with patently wrong information. Its tiring rebutting inaccurate information.

SSG lost the operators because the local administration that was conducting talks with the Maulana sahib and his cohort asked for more time. This meant that SSG could not conduct the operation in the dark of the night to give its own troops the benefit of concealment and surprise.

The green light was given to the SSG as the daylight broke.

Had SSG gone in the night, most of the defenders would not have been able to target the SF.

Second, I have said this before, there was talk of non-combatants, women and potential hostages @ LM. As such, the mission profile changed and became a hostage rescue operation versus clearance.

In clearance operations, the ATT operators simply shoot to kill whereas in HR operations, extra care for the civilians means greater exposure to own troops.

When the facts are not with you then don't mislead with patently wrong information. Its tiring rebutting inaccurate information.

SSG lost the operators because the local administration that was conducting talks with the Maulana sahib and his cohort asked for more time. This meant that SSG could not conduct the operation in the dark of the night to give its own troops the benefit of concealment and surprise.

The green light was given to the SSG as the daylight broke.

Had SSG gone in the night, most of the defenders would not have been able to target the SF.

Second, I have said this before, there was talk of non-combatants, women and potential hostages @ LM. As such, the mission profile changed and became a hostage rescue operation versus clearance.

In clearance operations, the ATT operators simply shoot to kill whereas in HR operations, extra care for the civilians means greater exposure to own troops.
Unfortunately - while the entire baseline’s arguments presented by others are flawed - there are generally high casualty ratios with most SF operators(which I presented clearly but when people are only there to vent and basically be argumentative for the sake of it because their parents did not teach them to be humble) there is also the fact that Pakistani command has been poor in decision making when using their assets and more often get stuck in paralysis by analysis

Arsenal AR-M1 with GP-25 40mm UBGL

Dang we use alot of AK variants.

But I guess with the numbers that SSG has, it makes sense to be bespoke.

But still, why use this instead of Type 56 or an AK? Any specific reason or was it just happenstance?

@PanzerKiel

Dang we use alot of AK variants.

But I guess with the numbers that SSG has, it makes sense to be bespoke.

But still, why use this instead of Type 56 or an AK? Any specific reason or was it just happenstance?

@PanzerKiel
I think this pic is a bit old, we can see that by the pattern of uniforms. M4 wasn't in large numbers at that time. Moreover, GP 25 equipped weapon used to be standard at the rate of one for each combat team. Since each CT is supposed to fight independent, therefore each of them has a mix of weapons to deal with any eventuality.

Back
Top Bottom