What's new

Pakistan Navy Frigates & Destroyers Information pool

I understand that the ship will detect the missile at further range out. But these missiles have a 75-85% kill probability (and that is for subsonic weapons...much lower likely for supersonic targets). So you need to fire 2-3 missiles per target missile. It you think that unit will have the reaction time to take out the first missile and then recalibrate within a few seconds to target the next and so forth in order to take out 3-4 maybe evem 5 missiles if there are multiple enemy ships you have another thing coming. Oh and by the way...the standard ADA class has NO LAYERED air defense. It comes with either a RAM (or likely in PN case a FL-3000N) OR A SINGLE Phalanx...not both. There is a reason the USN doesnt operate leading ships with hundreds of RAMs and even why Raytheon extended RAMs range to 22km... Because it matters. The further out you are able to engage a target, the more opportunities you have to take it out. That is the entire point of a layered defense and why people here are advocating against ADA in favor of an alternate variant like I-class or LF-2400...because there is a true layered defense with medium range missiles followed by PDMS (like RAM or in PN case could be FL-3000N) amd then the potential for 2 CIWS. What you guys keep talking about is layered defense and in terms of Ada...that doesnt exist.

And please don't talk about flotilla level layered defense. One ship (054A) providing ranged coverage for the entire fleet or even flotilla, only works if there are numerus redundancies or a long range sam (100km+) getting first shot. The PN meeds cost effective ships. I'd rather take 3 LF-2400 than 4 Ada. At least it can in some meaningful way participate in the defense of its flotilla...neither the F-22p nor tye Ada are truly capable of this.

PN, will getting not one but a few Type (054A) which will work just fine something better then nothing one should always be thankful and work with what can with simply.

PN, will getting not one but a few Type (054A) which will work just fine something better then nothing one should always be thankful and work with what can with simply.
It depends on the PN but the Type 054As are also large enough to be upgraded, esp. in terms of weapons.

I'd rather take 3 LF-2400 than 4 Ada. At least it can in some meaningful way participate in the defense of its flotilla...neither the F-22p nor tye Ada are truly capable of this.
i would take 2 instead of 4 lol

milgem would be sitting duck if no air defence

We don't even know of what version of ada PN is going for? Yet we are debating..

Not a bad sign but it seems we are unanimous that PN needs a varient of ADA with vls may it be Lf2400 or I CLASS or a version similar

Yes i understand there is talk of 3 054As or even 4 total, but they wont be operating with each other. They will either operate independently or as the lead ship in a flotilla, ideally woth an F-22P, a Milgem, amd 1-2 subs. While im sure they are capable of providing air cover for tue flotilla, it would help if MILGEM and F-22p represented some capacity to take out air threats.

Yes i understand there is talk of 3 054As or even 4 total, but they wont be operating with each other. They will either operate independently or as the lead ship in a flotilla, ideally woth an F-22P, a Milgem, amd 1-2 subs. While im sure they are capable of providing air cover for tue flotilla, it would help if MILGEM and F-22p represented some capacity to take out air threats.

Agreed with you there as well Tank131 !!

I think Pakistan shall induct 3 or 4 052D/E in the future to serve as the air defense command ship.

With HQ9b at 220KM range and HQ16b with 70KM range, that will form the real layered air defense capability.

054A is a good choice to go at the first place.

I think Pakistan shall induct 3 or 4 052D/E in the future to serve as the air defense command ship.

With HQ9b at 220KM range and HQ16b with 70KM range, that will form the real layered air defense capability.

That may be true, but frankly, if that is going to happen, it wont be any time soon. Secondly PN doesnt currently need, nor can it afford to fund and staff a ship that size. That was the exact reason Pakistan didnt take the USS Fletcher (DD 992 Spruance class destroyer) in 2004/5. The ideal ship for PN is a 4000-4500t heavy frigate which has 48 cells and the a quad packable mr-sam and access to a lr-sam with an integrated mast with AESA Long range radar. Ideally a load of 16 LR SAMs, 64 MR-SAMs (in 16 cells) and 8 LACM and possibly 8 CY-5 ASROC in addition to 21 cell FL-3000N AND 2 CIWS.

Basically something like this CSOC 4000t frigate (aka rumored 057) but with 16 cell vls between the two ciws mid ship.
CSOC-4000-ton-frigate-long-VLS-IDEAS.jpeg

Hi my friend your proposal is not too bad but in my view once Gawadar is fully operational and
Start churning money with in & out of the cargo ships and more and more CIS states start their
Goods going up and down
That’s the prime time for PN to come out of their hangover kinda and that’s where GOP will
Start giving them in abundance to tackle with sea menace around our coast line and to
Save and keep it open our shipping lines
And that point to some extent Chinese will also push us for more robust kind of gadgets for
PN so they can feel more comfortable to tackle the alliance (Australia/India /Japan & offcourse US navy ) against them on their side
Thank you

Hi my friend your proposal is not too bad but in my view once Gawadar is fully operational and
Start churning money with in & out of the cargo ships and more and more CIS states start their
Goods going up and down
That’s the prime time for PN to come out of their hangover kinda and that’s where GOP will
Start giving them in abundance to tackle with sea menace around our coast line and to
Save and keep it open our shipping lines
And that point to some extent Chinese will also push us for more robust kind of gadgets for
PN so they can feel more comfortable to tackle the alliance (Australia/India /Japan & offcourse US navy ) against them on their side
Thank you
You mean the Bollywood three idiots?:rofl: Australia/India/Japan

PN will be very good in the future, its just the beginning.

That may be true, but frankly, if that is going to happen, it wont be any time soon. Secondly PN doesnt currently need, nor can it afford to fund and staff a ship that size. That was the exact reason Pakistan didnt take the USS Fletcher (DD 992 Spruance class destroyer) in 2004/5. The ideal ship for PN is a 4000-4500t heavy frigate which has 48 cells and the a quad packable mr-sam and access to a lr-sam with an integrated mast with AESA Long range radar. Ideally a load of 16 LR SAMs, 64 MR-SAMs (in 16 cells) and 8 LACM and possibly 8 CY-5 ASROC in addition to 21 cell FL-3000N AND 2 CIWS.

Basically something like this CSOC 4000t frigate (aka rumored 057) but with 16 cell vls between the two ciws mid ship.
CSOC-4000-ton-frigate-long-VLS-IDEAS.jpeg
We can do customized design for Pakistan per your requirement.

The six surviving Type 21 frigates were sold to Pakistan in 1993–1994. The class was renamed by the Pakistani Navy as the Tariq class, after the first vessel that was acquired, the PNS Tariq, formerly HMS Ambuscade. All six ships remain in service, as of 2011
Thanks for sharing it was new for me

Only four are now in Active service. Tariq being one of them. PNS Babur n Badar have been stricken off.

Back
Top Bottom