What's new

Pakistan ordered AKINCI UCAV. Pakistan will be one of the first users of the AKINCI system

There is high interest and we can say that a deal is close.
Was something said in Turkish media which pointed towards this?

If this is true, I hope we go for the Kızılelma-B model rather than A, as it will be capable of travelling supersonic speeds while A is below supersonic.

Make your own. Waste of money. Fund a R&D department and invite expat Pakistanis with a good package and design your own. Stop playing dumb and handing out money you don't have.

Make your own. Waste of money. Fund a R&D department and invite expat Pakistanis with a good package and design your own. Stop playing dumb and handing out money you don't have.
We have limited R&D funding which is better directed towards other projects rather than drones.

Turkey offers high-quality-capability drones which we have access to so it's better to import them, while directing R&D funding towards things that are harder to gain access to, and things which we have a greater reliance on that are prone to sanctions like fighter aircraft.

This will be followed by Kızılelma. There is high interest and we can say that a deal is close.
What is the primary role of such stealth, low-supersonic UCAVs? SEAD operaritions against AD systems like the S400? @JamD @Quwa

Does India have any strategic UCAVs other than medium altitude tactical drones?

From last week:
This is a strategic drone? :rofl:

Do you even understand the meaning of strategic? I have never seen this drone with any ISR payload like SAR pod, COMINT & ELINT payload, and calling it strategic is laughable at best.

There are a few countries in the world that can produce drones at the "akinci" level, Pakistan is not one of them. don't upset yourself in vain, be a little happy that you can get it.
Lol,,, Pakistan is in the same league as Turkey. Same as India, but India at least is trying,,, not hiding behind calling drones for sub-conventional as strategic ,,, only 2-3 countries exist in a world that produces game-changing UAVs, and Turkey is not one of them....

I don't think Turkey even produced critical sub-systems for UAVs like C-band or UHF band datalinks....and most likely using US-developed encryptions and satellites for NATO. So dont get ahead of yourself.

AK 01.jpg

CATS is a high performance electro-optical reconnaissance, surveillance and targeting system designed for fixed-wing and rotary-wing airborne platforms, including Unmanned Air Systems (UASs), helicopters and aircrafts.

Applications

Targeting
Reconnaissance and Surveillance
Long Range Surveillance

resized_1adad-5d17112fe_zge1kvcaogqnx1.jpg

Main Features

Common Aperture with Diameter of 220mm

Very Large Aperture for Narrow FOVs and

Very Narrow FOVs of IR, HDTV and LL-NIR

Cameras
Larger Aperture Means More Light and

Therefore Better Image Quality and Better

Range

Compact and Light-Weight System
Single-LRU System
Superior Range Performance
High Performance IR Camera
True Full High Definition (1920x1080) HDTV
resized_fd364-724fdeabe_zge1tvgayhrvm.jpg

Camera

No Digital Zooming Applied for

1920x1080p Video Output
2.25 Times More Sensor Pixels Used Than

High Definition (1280x720p) HDTV Cameras

Low Light (LL-NIR) Camera
Common FOVs for IR, HDTV and LL-NIR Cameras
Laser Range Finder and Target Designator
Laser Pointer and Illuminator
Internal Boresight Unit
All-Digital Video Pipeline
Advanced Image Processing
Multi Target Tracking
Simultaneous Target Tracking on IR, HDTV
and LL-NIR Videos
Accurate Target Geo-Location
Determination of Coarse and Speed of
Moving Target
Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU)
Accurate Stabilization
Automatic Alignment with Platform
Operation in Very Low Temperatures in High Altitudes
CATS-2.jpg

Technical Specifications
Sensor Resolutions IR: 640x512
TV: 1920x1080
LL-NIR: 640x480

Fields of View (FOVs)

(Horizontal)
IR: 0.5° - 0.9° - 3.2° - 30°
TV: 0.5° - 0.9° - 3.2° - 30°
LL-NIR: 0.5°
Field of Regard (FOR)

Azimuth: 360° continuous

Elevation: +10° to -105°
Laser Range Finder and Target Designator

Range: up to 25 km

Wavelength: 1064 nm

Repetition rate: up to 20 Hz
Laser Pointer and Illuminator

Laser Pointer:

Wavelength: NIR

Laser Illuminator:

Wavelength: NIR
Communication Interface RS-422, MIL-STD-1553B
Video Interface

4x SMPTE-292M HD-SDI

2x PAL
Power Interface 28 VDC
Size

Sensor Ball Diameter: ≤ 415 mm

Width: ≤ 437 mm

Height: ≤ 520 mm
Weight 61kg
Temperature

Operational: -54°C to +50°C

Storage: -55°C to +70°C

[All tolerances are within ±10%. ]

AK 01.jpg

Last edited:
Akinci is a beautiful design. If that thing was a real fighter jet,it could easily be one of my favorites,it's something like a fusion of old and futuristic aircraft and bird agility.

According to the information obtained by SavunmaSanayiST.com from defense sources; Pakistan has ordered both AKINCI Attack Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (TİHA) and Bayraktar TB2 Armed Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (SİHA) to BAYKAR. Thus, Pakistan Air Force will be one of the first users of AKINCI TİHA.

AKINCI-IHA.jpg

AKINCI TİHA, which has been in the inventory of the National Intelligence Organization and the Land Forces Command, is expected to be delivered to the Air Force Command in a short time.

AKINCI TİHAs delivered to the MIT and the Land Forces Command are in the AKINCI-A configuration equipped with the Ukraine-made Al450T engine; AKINCIs to be delivered to the Air Force Command will be in AKINCI-B configuration with 2x 750 horsepower engines.

According to the information received, BAYKAR has so far signed contracts for the export of AKINCI TİHA with 4 countries and Bayraktar TB2 SİHA with 22 countries. Pakistan will be one of the few countries after Turkiye that has both AKINCI TİHA and Bayraktar TB2 SİHA in its inventory.

While it is estimated that Pakistan will have AKINCI-B, BAYKAR is expected to start overseas AKINCI TİHA deliveries, at the beginning of next year.

2022-03-12-Baykar-Bayraktar-Akinci-tiha-irtifa-rekoru-3-Copy-1536x1024.jpg

On the other hand, Bayraktar TB2 SİHA, which has been produced more than 300 so far, has proven itself in the most difficult battlefields. Currently; Bayraktar TB2 is actively used by the Turkish Armed Forces, the National Intelligence Organization, the Ministry of Interior and the General Directorate of Forestry.

A significant increase is expected in Bayraktar TB2 SİHA production capacity with the new production facility of BAYKAR, which is under construction.

I've been saying it for a while now that Akinci's and KizilElma are coming. This just confirms it. What Pakistan needs to do, is to start working on JV's on critical systems to license produce them in house. Future conflicts won't be quick 2-3 week wars. These will be drawn out "battled" (Russia - Ukraine perfect example). And in these long duration wars, you won't be able to "source parts" in the middle of it. So key critical systems should be supported by local manufacturing capacity even license built.

Against whom, Pakistan already holds one of the largest UCAV fleets in the region, how many of these are actually operational and being used to protect, Have we seen any of these being actively used in the hot zones or protect the border , or in balochistan
Why diversify the fleet so much that it will become an operational nightmare Just what Pakistan says for India as they have platforms from Russia, US & Europe.
Why no actual investment in Existing local platforms, i can understand doing a JV with one or 2 companies to build your own local industry, but this seems more like hey we got this and this and this and using state funds for bribes and putting in own pocket instead of building platforms.

I can understand your feelings here but when we were in the middle of various operations (Zarb-e-Azb, RaddulFassad, etc), being a poor country like we are, extremely expensive equipment like the F-16's / JFT's were being used for various operations. So when the "drones" came about post 2005 era, we saw the opportunity and various much cheaper capabilities to support our Army in operation and then that capability was acquired. If you read Moore's law, the technology and computer processing increases every 3+ years. So naturally we would have various items. But I think the drone capability has met it's own benchmarking standards and we'll see that in Pakistani military also.

I think I've said it numerous times before, but the future would include TWO Tiers of drones:

1) PAF and PN (CAP / EW / ISR / ATS): Akinci and KizilElma (KizilElma specifically focusing on CAP and anti-ship).

2) Pak Army (some Aknci but rest would be CH-series, TB-2 for ATG / COIN + Falco / Buraq / Shahpar II / III additional assets). And we'd see some older systems retire or be used for training, etc.

If you read my post above and various other posts, I am STRESSING the need for under license local assembly for critical systems. It's possible, just need mature long term decisions made. The landscape of future wars has changed. We can't "procure parts" in the middle of a war.

I don't think Turkey even produced critical sub-systems for UAVs like C-band or UHF band datalinks....and most likely using US-developed encryptions and satellites for NATO. So dont get ahead of yourself.
Wrong and wrong. We already product every sub systems for UCAV's. We use own satalites too. And you, educate yourself. At least, ask @Foinikas.

Last edited:
What is the primary role of such stealth, low-supersonic UCAVs? SEAD operaritions against AD systems like the S400? @JamD @Quwa

From a KizilElma standpoint, it would be CAP / AAC / Anti-Ship focused.
For Akinci, it's multirole, it can be used for CAP / EW / ISR / ATG/ COIN / Anti-Ship roles.

how many units are we getting

I wonder if we will fit any indigenous missiles and bombs on this

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom