What's new

Pakistan's Nuclear Submarine Development | News and Discussions

this thing is in making at Pakistan navy dockyard since 2012
View attachment 389631
now at the end of 2016 this thing look like this
View attachment 389632
Remember we ordered MESMA for the first two of our submarines later on (third one was fitted from the very start). This is one of our Agusta subs being fitted with MESMA. :)

NOT a nucler submarine hull under construction as many would want it to be. :)

Nice catch by the way.

Hi,

Exactly---.

Like the good old saying---if there is a hint of a sub---then there definitely is a sub---.

And if there is one sub---then there is definitely another sub somewhere---.

As for a nuc sub for pakistan---I got a strange news from someone about a reactor for a sub---.
Yes I was the first one to break that Pakistan has developed reactor of the sub which was later confirmed by Mr @Oscar but Pakistan and China could jointly develop a new nuclear submarine. Right now focus is on getting AIP subs as soon as possible. Nobody even knows the AIP which we are getting exactly How they look like I mean kind of weapons and other features they will have

Yes I was the first one to break that Pakistan has developed reactor of the sub which was later confirmed by Mr @Oscar but Pakistan and China could jointly develop a new nuclear submarine. Right now focus is on getting AIP subs as soon as possible. Nobody even knows the AIP which we are getting exactly How they look like I mean kind of weapons and other features they will have

Hi,

An enemy or an outside breaks the news---you probably leaked it and gave confirmation to its existence--.

Otherwise---to some---the news was known years before you got it but did not think it reasonable to post it.

Hi,

An enemy or an outside breaks the news---you probably leaked it and gave confirmation to its existence--.

Otherwise---to some---the news was known years before you got it but did not think it reasonable to post it.
I am more worried about our surface fleet we seriously lack in that

I am more worried about our surface fleet we seriously lack in that

Milgem is a done deal our next step would be 4 more Frigates of near to 4k ton with VLS. so be patient :) we goona make it slow n steady.

Hi,

lolx you think he's the only one who's keeping an eye on it?

don't take it as a stolen piece of intelligence it was aired on all media that Pakistan is going for N-Sub.

Last edited:
lolx you think he's the only one who's keeping eye on it?

don't take it as an stolen piece of intelligence it was aired on all media that Pakistan is going for N-Sub.

Hi,

It does not work like that---media is all air---.

What happens is---when there is a poster releasing information and uses connections---that information is analyzed---if more of the statements that he made are true---then there is validity to his claim over the media leaks---.

Hi,

It does not work like that---media is all air---.

What happens is---when there is a poster releasing information and uses connections---that information is analyzed---if more of the statements that he made are true---then there is validity to his claim over the media leaks---.

And that's what i'm saying that validity has already been confirmed and there are several others big I's working on it.
so stay calm nothing can be kept secret now a days and by this way never!

February 12, 2012

A Pakistani defense analyst Mansoor Ahmed recently told Defense News that he has for some time believed Pakistan was working on a nuclear propulsion system for submarine applications and that Pakistan already has a functional submarine launched variant of the Babur cruise missile.

Pakistan's Babur cruise missile is very similar to the U.S. BGM-109 Tomahawk, and it can carry conventional or nuclear warheads, according to Ahmed.

Ahmed says Pakistan is now gearing up to build its own SSN/SSGN flotilla as a way of deterring India and maintaining the strategic balance in South Asia. However, Ahmed argues that Pakistan should build ballistic missile submarines. to fully ensure the credibility of its deterrent.

http://www.riazhaq.com/2012/02/pakistan-to-build-nuclear-submarines.html

And that's what i'm saying that validity has already been confirmed and there are several others big I's working on it.
so stay calm nothing can be kept secret now a days and by this way never!

Hi,

No---you were not saying that---. You stated something different---.

As for the rest of your comments---plz stay within yourself---if the poster those comments were addressed to---has any issues---he can direct them at me---.

Hi,

Exactly---.

Like the good old saying---if there is a hint of an ENEMY sub---then there definitely is a sub---.

And if there is one ENEMY sub---then there is definitely another sub somewhere---.

As for a nuc sub for pakistan---I got a strange news from someone about a reactor for a sub---.

@Khafee

Sir i will try to reply to this by quickly breaking up my answer into three parts,

What I Know:
Sir a mini reactor for sub was being worked upon back in early 2000s. However it was put into cold storage for some reasons. It stayed there for next 7 - 8 years at least. That is something i am 100% sure about since my father was part of the organization. There was some activity again at that unit towards 2010 or there about.

What I heard but do not know for myself with certainty:
Then there were some news of parallel project of nuclear propulsion being studied (a nuclear reactor is one part of the whole propulsion system) but this is just something I heard about not no with absolute certainty.

What I think based on keeping in touch with the developments.
As for a whole nuclear sub, we all know the number of berth and docks we have, each is accounted for and there is no nuclear submarine HULL in construction as of yet.

Thank you.

Reactor + SSK = Jugaad
We worked on the reactor part
We studied the nuclear propulsion
We have made a submarine (and will be constructing more under the deal with Chinese) at KSEW.

The ingredients are there for people to indulge into speculation.

However;
The work on nuclear reactor for sub was put on hold for years.
The nuclear propulsion studies were just that, STUDIES
The submarines that we will construct and have done in past are REAL. :)

May be some way down the road!!!

What I Know:
Sir a mini reactor for sub was being worked upon back in early 2000s. However it was put into cold storage for some reasons. It stayed there for next 7 - 8 years at least. That is something i am 100% sure about since my father was part of the organization. There was some activity again at that unit towards 2010 or there about.
We already have a working reactor.

However;
The work on nuclear reactor for sub was put on hold for years.
The nuclear propulsion studies were just that, STUDIES
The submarines that we will construct and have done in past are REAL. :)

May be some way down the road!!!
Some twitteratis have even spotted the location where the reactor is being built (I'm not being sarcastic).

That said, personally I don't have confidence in our capabilities to work out the entire thing (SSN). It is wayy too complex for our ship building industry. It will not be up to international standards.

No we don't.

Some twitteratis have even spotted the location where the reactor is (I'm not being sarcastic).

That said, personally I don't have confidence in our capabilities to work out the entire thing (SSN). It is wayy too complex for our ship building industry. It will not be up to international standards.
The initial work was done by an organization in place i used to live but as i mentioned, that was put on hold. There was some activity around 2010 again but not sure how active that activity really was :P

Agree that this is a very complex system and that is why i mentioned "may be some way down the road" WAYYYY down the road that is!!!! Building four Chinese subs at KSEW will give us some valuable experience and we can slowly but surely build on that. Again, this is talking about things that may happen decades from now, essentially, taking about things that might never happen.

Sorry sir. We don't.

Back
Top Bottom