What's new

Turkish court rule supporting returning Hagia Sophia museum again Mosques .

Gli the cat can stay even as Istanbul's Hagia Sophia changes https://reuters.com/article/us-turkey-hagiasophia-cat-idUSKCN24O2W4?taid=5f1a0ac820fc0a0001aac907&utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter…
EdpLR2bXoAkvBf5

People need to relax Gli will be fine.

Cats are allowed in mosques even encouraged to stay because they eat mice rats and other pests. They basically leave mosques clean from pests.

Dogs is a different story.

A Turkish court has ruled in favor of converting the historic Isophia into a mosque. The verdict in the long-running case declared the law regarding the conversion of Isophia into a museum illegal. There was no legal impediment to converting Iasophia into a mosque. If the written verdict is published, the prayers (as a mosque) in Isophia may start from next Friday. This verdict is going to fulfill the long standing demand of the Islam-loving people of Turkey. There was a lot of pressure from Western countries, including Russia, not to turn Isophia into a mosque. This verdict ignores this pressure. This will put an end to 80-90 years of demands, politics and international diplomacy.
It should be noted that Isophia is considered by Islam-loving people to be the most important symbol of Istanbul's conquest. And this is what the one-party secular government turned into a museum. About 75 years have passed since then. With this verdict, Istanbul will get its symbol back.
(PS: The verdict has not yet been published in writing. Officially, Ankara correspondent of Sabah newspaper has claimed this in the news received from the court sources.) :turkey::turkey:

https://www.yenisafak.com/gundem/so...cLo-v4eVLmEm80IHkXSlKQfY4YEzBeRKuteiMfHDwt6Rc

unfortunately this newspaper is not translating . :( I got the news by Facebook post of a Bangladeshi PhD student in Ankara Turkey .
Good this will give India to turn babri masjid and Taj Mahal into hindu temples also make the hypocrite stop barking at Spain and it’s mosques.

Good this will give India to turn babri masjid and Taj Mahal into hindu temples also make the hypocrite stop barking at Spain and it’s mosques.

Why do you care what we do in India? Babri masjid is already history, there is no turning back from there even if Indian supreme court puts out their verdict against it.

Mashallah very good news
Ah,so if the Indians conquered and converted the Faisal mosque in Islamabad or the Grand Jamiah in Karachi into a Hindu temple or the Badshahi mosque in Lahore into a Sikh temple,would you have liked it?

Just imagine it a bit: Hindutvas hanging their flags and symbols over the Faisal mosque,the Grand Jamiah becoming a place full of gurus and Hindu priests. The Badshahi mosque with Sikh flags and banners,their swords hanging from the walls,all Hindutvas rejoicing for such a conquest.

How would that make you feel?

Now imagine how we feel when see such posts.

Ah,so if the Indians conquered and converted the Faisal mosque in Islamabad or the Grand Jamiah in Karachi into a Hindu temple or the Badshahi mosque in Lahore into a Sikh temple,would you have liked it?

Just imagine it a bit: Hindutvas hanging their flags and symbols over the Faisal mosque,the Grand Jamiah becoming a place full of gurus and Hindu priests. The Badshahi mosque with Sikh flags and banners,their swords hanging from the walls,all Hindutvas rejoicing for such a conquest.

Don't give us more ideas, we already have our lists full. :lol:

I've been Hagia Sophia, even prayed inside it. Its still is like a museum/church and not fully a mosque, it has the Christian scriptures inside it, non Muslims are allowed to go inside and take photos, when I went majority of the Haqia Sophia was full of non Muslims but a restricted area was made for Muslims to prayer, the name is still the same. It was absolute beauty, could not take my eyes of it. Do you know if the design is same as during the Christian Byzantine Empire or has it been changed or rebuilt by the Ottomans.

I've been Hagia Sophia, even prayed inside it. Its still is like a museum/church and not fully a mosque, it has the Christian scriptures inside it, non Muslims are allowed to go inside and take photos, when I went majority of the Haqia Sophia was full of non Muslims but a restricted area was made for Muslims to prayer, the name is still the same. It was absolute beauty, could not take my eyes of it. Do you know if the design is same as during the Christian Byzantine Empire or has it been changed or rebuilt by the Ottomans.
They say that originally the exterior looked like this:

ab903c92382b8e33529c5f3bcfcfad09.jpg

And apparently it did

800px-Aya_Sofia_Constantinople_BM_18890603.107.jpg

Before the exterior changed to the known design that the Cathedral still has today.

Now as for the interior,of course the Quranic verses didn't exist and a lot of the hagiographies and mosaics were covered or maybe removed as well.

Some speculate it might have looked like this:

Ste_Sophie_coupe222.jpg

But then again,if the Turks don't uncover everything,we won't know.

This is a very old painting of Hagia Sophia during the Ottoman times,but I don't remember which century exactly. Of course,you can see most of the interior had already been changed by then.

ef37ceb388891deb0df1d124dc4a9ffa.jpg

This is an artist's imaginary depiction of Hagia Sophia as a Catholic Cathedral during the Latin Empire of Constantinople after 1204.

AgiaSophiaLiturgy.jpg

And another old painting from the Ottoman era

https___www.history.com_.image_MTU3ODc5MDg3MjQ3MDc0NjMz_interior-view-of-hagia-sophia-by-louis...jpg

Back
Top Bottom