What's new

Why isn't there a Muslim 'EU'/NATO?

Falcon29

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
There are territorial disputes between Muslim nations but there are also such disputes amongst Europeans. There are differences on policy between the US and EU , even, but they still come to a settlement of some sort.

Tribal/Sectarian lines are the biggest hinderance to such an alliance, but these can be overcome too. In a Muslim 'EU'/NATO, the powerful Muslim nations would lead such an alliance and micromanage the sectarian/tribal differences. We are looking at :

1.) Saudi Arabia
2.) Iran
3.) Turkey
4.) Pakistan
5.) Egypt
6.) Algeria
7.) Indonesia
8.) Qatar
9.) Kuwait
10.) UAE

etc.... I probably missed a few so feel free to pitch in.

There must be social/political/economic cooperation. While the more powerful nations contribute to creating a humanitarian fund to help the less fortunate in impoverished areas. They do not need to be on the same page on everything but there must be a settlement in conflict hot zones such as Yemen, Syria. The Union must at least diplomatically and financially support popular causes such as Palestine, Kashmir, etc.... To keep them on the radar. Military solutions to such causes are not realistic at the moment.

Turkey/Qatar has influence over the Muslim Brotherhood and can cause shift to their agenda to begin preaching for an integrated region, that despite big differences among them, can at least pause the culture war in the region, setting change to permantely eliminate it in future.

Saudi Arabia likewise has influence over Arab bloc/Salafi bloc. And can do same.

Iran has the influence over Shia bloc and can reign its proxies in.

Obviously people will say it's because of US influence. Those that say that also must consider Russian influence. The real reason is people in region do not trust each other. Extending your hand is met with being taken advantage of, by a bloc that wants it all and does not believe in sharing.

I don't understand why we as Muslims can be so selfish and greedy. What is wrong with making some sacrifice in geopolitical interests for greater good of people of region?

If there are any other factors you think prevents a formation of Muslim EU, please share. I can think of one more:

1.) Nations aren't developed enough, and do not know what their potential is, and what they can bring the to the table, especially with oil being phased out in coming decades.

^^

European nations were more developed an each offer something unique. Muslim nations have not realized their potential , despite some of them like Turkey, Iran, Indonesia, and maybe Saudi Arabia offering more in some sectors.

I'd love for this to happen, but it's a very well orchestrated plan to keep the islamic bloc weak, as not to challenge the current world order.

This is because Islam is, in itself, a world order. And this is a war of ideologies

A- because of Shia hating people like you - Iran is the powerhouse of the Muslim world - you can't ignore it

but Now most young Iranians like Turkey don't really care about a Muslim identity - only Arabs, south Asians and SE Asians care about it
Arabs do it cause they gain the most from it, and south Asian Muslims inherently fear Hindus and want to be part of something bigger to protect themselves, SEA go through phases, but from what I heard (don't know for sure and I can be wrong, don't take my word for it) the previous generation didn't care much about Muslim identity, the generation of 90s cared about it and next one probably wont

So basically only reliable Muslim ummah supporters are Arabs and South Asians, Africans are too weak to count

B- can't even form an Arab EU or NATO
how tf would you bring people as diverse as the Muslim world to come together and form an EU-like organization

A- because of Shia hating people like you - Iran is the powerhouse of the Muslim world - you can't ignore it

but Now most young Iranians like Turkey don't really care about a Muslim identity - only Arabs, south Asians and SE Asians care about it
Arabs do it cause they gain the most from it, and south Asian Muslims inherently fear Hindus and want to be part of something bigger to protect themselves, SEA go through phases, but from what I heard (don't know for sure and I can be wrong, don't take my word for it) the previous generation didn't care much about Muslim identity, the generation of 90s cared about it and next one probably wont

So basically only reliable Muslim ummah supporters are Arabs and South Asians, Africans are too weak to count

B- can't even form an Arab EU or NATO
how tf would you bring people as diverse as the Muslim world to come together and form an EU-like organization
Your post was all good except the part about Shia's, I don't hate them or anything close to hating them. The disagreement is that I don't believe anybody to be a powerhouse of the Muslim world and that there must be power sharing. As for the religious differences, everyone will believe what they believe and those matters are bigger than me and you. That's for scholars and the big social players that know better than us in that regard.

I don’t think Iran is the powerhouse by any margin. If anything, that would go to Turkey. I do agree they are an important country though. But they are no where even close to number one spot.

Ideally I would want to see a union of Pakistan, Iran and Turkey. Then expand the union. Probably the best way for it to proceed.

And a lot easier working on 3 body problem than 20 body problem.

The four biggest powers of the Muslim world are Pakistan, Turkiye, Saudi and Iran.

Indonesia has an excellent amount of economic depth, however

There are territorial disputes between Muslim nations but there are also such disputes amongst Europeans. There are differences on policy between the US and EU , even, but they still come to a settlement of some sort.

Tribal/Sectarian lines are the biggest hinderance to such an alliance, but these can be overcome too. In a Muslim 'EU'/NATO, the powerful Muslim nations would lead such an alliance and micromanage the sectarian/tribal differences. We are looking at :

1.) Saudi Arabia
2.) Iran
3.) Turkey
4.) Pakistan
5.) Egypt
6.) Algeria
7.) Indonesia
8.) Qatar
9.) Kuwait
10.) UAE

There must be social/political/economic cooperation. While the more powerful nations contribute to creating a humanitarian fund to help the less fortunate in impoverished areas. They do not need to be on the same page on everything but there must be a settlement in conflict hot zones such as Yemen, Syria. The Union must at least diplomatically and financially support popular causes such as Palestine, Kashmir, etc.... To keep them on the radar. Military solutions to such causes are not realistic at the moment.

Turkey/Qatar has influence over the Muslim Brotherhood and can cause shift to their agenda to begin preaching for an integrated region, that despite big differences among them, can at least pause the culture war in the region, setting change to permantely eliminate it in future.

Saudi Arabia likewise has influence over Arab bloc/Salafi bloc. And can do same.

Obviously people will say it's because of US influence. Those that say that also must consider Russian influence. The real reason is people in region do not trust each other. Extending your hand is met with being taken advantage of, by a bloc that wants it all and does not believe in sharing.

I don't understand why we as Muslims can be so selfish and greedy. What is wrong with making some sacrifice in geopolitical interests for greater good of people of region?

If there are any other factors you think prevents a formation of Muslim EU, please share. I can think of one more:

1.) Nations aren't developed enough, and do not know what their potential is, and what they can bring the to the table, especially with oil being phased out in coming decades.

^^

European nations were more developed an each offer something unique. Muslim nations have not realized their potential , despite some of them like Turkey, Iran, Indonesia, and maybe Saudi Arabia offering more in some sectors.
We have to start somewhere.
Ideally we would have a country like Saudi Arabia take the lead push for this,
But they work for the westerners and do their best to stop this.
We saw what they said to Imran Khan when he tried to go to a meeting for Turkey, Malaysia, Indonesia and others
They threatened IK and insisted that any muslim block had to be via the OIC which they have total control over and want to introduce Indian into.

Imran Khan had the right idea, we need a Military/ Political and economic partnership with muslims.
This will happen and it's just a matter of time, when it does and if it works, more will always join.

Let's start with Turkey, Azerbaijan and Pakistan, with maybe Indonesia, Bangladesh and Qatar.
This could work, we need someone like Imran Khan to push this.

1.) Saudi Arabia
2.) Iran
3.) Turkey
4.) Pakistan
5.) Egypt
6.) Algeria
7.) Indonesia
8.) Qatar
9.) Kuwait
10.) UAE

^^

Simple, there is no Independent free Islamic nation in the world left.

Major powers prefer Muslims to be fractured and weak. Its why the post colonial borders were set up the way they were......divide and economically conquer. Muslim leaders have helped them with stupid policies.

I would focus on a Middle East-North Africa-Central Asia economic and trade block first. Too many issues would prevent a military bloc.

Islamic Pakistan hi nahi sambhal raha.. Ethnic lines, religious lines, linguistics difference, etc. How can we get together!!
میں ایسی نسلی کشیدگی پاکستان میں کبھی ایسی نہیں دیکھی جو آج کل لگ رہی ہیں - یا یہ انٹرنیٹ کا زمانہ ہے اکانومی کی بات ہے، اچھے حال میں سب اچھا ہوتا ہے، جب خراب ہوں تو بندہ اپنے گھر والوں سے ہی لارائی کر تا ہے شائد خراب معیشت کی واجہ سے ہم نسلی، زبن پر لارنا شورو ہو گھین ہے

Last edited:
You mean the Ummah? Where the Muslims were united and helped each other in times of crisis?

It's weakened. Not dead like some people say. Just weakened as people start to become more greedy and power hungry

Back
Top Bottom