What's new

World is looking to Bangladesh for the next election: Blinken

Says an indian :rofl: :rofl:
gtfo you ugly malnourished termite

tii48po8_amit-shah-pti_625x300_18_September_18.jpg

@bluesky and other learned BD members, who do you think has a realistic chance of winning the election this time? Are there parties other than BAL and BNP? What are the top 5 issues this time?

@bluesky and other learned BD members, who do you think has a realistic chance of winning the election this time? Are there parties other than BAL and BNP? What are the top 5 issues this time?
I personally have little idea about which party would win. But, I would not like Begum Zia or her son Tareque to get elected.

In a fair election, it is possible that the BAL party will win a majority. The important point is to establish a system whereby votes are not stolen by a sitting party.

Last edited:
The new DW show now connects RAB killings to the Home Minister and vaguely, the honourable PM. They didn't do this before.
The next step that connects the dot between RAB and higher officials such as HM and the PM. If they start naming Ministers as culprits then there's is no going back.
I think they are giving BAL time to exit , but I don't think BAL will go quietly into the night. Where is she going to go at this age ?

At the risk of sounding like a conspiracy theorist, there are recent rumblings in Bangladesh higher political circles that a de-facto deal has been partially made for a sort of 'graceful exit', discussions and meetings are being held in a friendly country with all major political powers represented.

Top BAL leaders are always at the ready to flee to India with their families - most of their savings are in S'pore or Swiss banks anyway.

However to most of us Bangladeshis - the main thing is, what happens after her exit and who ends up governing. That will be crucial and for which I don't have details on yet.

Stay tuned.

In a free election BAL does not have the support to achieve a majority. Neither does BNP.

If election was free and fair this time we will see something unique... lots of independents getting elected.

Ultimately who will be able to form a government is unclear.

Political instability from expected compromised elections would throw the Bay of Bengal in a frenzied spiral. Indian intervention in internal Bangladeshi affairs is the main issue for the globalised world.

At the risk of sounding like a conspiracy theorist, there are recent rumblings in Bangladesh higher political circles that a de-facto deal has been partially made for a sort of 'graceful exit', discussions and meetings are being held in a friendly country with all major political powers represented.

Top BAL leaders are always at the ready to flee to India with their families - most of their savings are in S'pore or Swiss banks anyway.

However to most of us Bangladeshis - the main thing is, what happens after her exit and who ends up governing. That will be crucial and for which I don't have details on yet.

Stay tuned.
- সত্যিই যদি এমন হতো।

- But I think a safe exit has at least one clause that no reopening of BDR Pilkhana killing. Hasina would be held responsible for the conspiracy and killing.

- About Abhijit's killing, it is America who will decide. America may not be that forgiving that Hasina killed one of its citizens and blamed Islamists. The convicted Islamists then made disappeared and may have been killed by Hasina con men to keep their mouths closed. FBI was supposed to interview them in jail.

Last edited:
- সত্যিই যদি এমন হতো।

- But I think a safe exit has at least one clause that no reopening of BDR Pilkhana killing. Hasina would be held responsible for the conspiracy and killing.

- About Abhijit's killing, it is America who will decide. America may not be that forgiving that Hasina killed one of its citizens and blamed Islamists. The convicted Islamists then made disappeared and may have been killed by Hasina con men to keep their mouths closed. FBI was supposed to interview them in jail.

@bluesky bhai - look at the Prothom Alo debacle and how Hasina is bad-mouthing US and Dr. Yunus at the same breath. In the new thread I posted.

Something is cooking for sure.

@bluesky bhai - look at the Prothom Alo debacle and how Hasina is bad-mouthing US and Dr. Yunus at the same breath. In the new thread I posted.

Something is cooking for sure.
Pipilikar pakha uthe moribar tore. I wish her sent to Hemayetpur and she claims insanity as reasons for all her conspiracies and killings.

She may pleadNo Guilty on the basis of her claim that she is insane.

Last edited:
I am fundamentally conflicted. I want BAL out of power, but via the ballot box in an open and fair election.

This is not possible under BAL and at the same time opposition has been completely neutralised.

Under the circumstances can one truely look to outside powers to act on behalf of the people of Bangladesh, would that not damage our sovereignity? Or is it better we carry on with BAL until internal opposition matures?

It is also a fact that BAL has damaged our sovereignty by colluding with india.

What serves the interest of BD to me is unclear.

It is highly unlikely AL will let any internal opposition to mature.

Realistically, I don't think we can completely avoid the super power influence of the US and China. Even Ershad's fall and the restoration of democracy in 1990 was indirectly influenced by the US.

The current fuss is mainly because Bangladesh was completely ignored by the US for the last 10/12 years and they started to reengage only recently for whatever reasons. From Bangladesh's POV, this is not really a bad thing, will provide us with more options and will likely cancel out India's influence as we get direct access to the US.

What matters is whether our leadership works in Bangladesh's interest or not. This could happen only when the government's power comes from within Bangladesh and not from external sources. I don't see any better way to ensure that other than free and fair elections.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom